Windows 10: Which necessary drivers to install from optional updates?

Discus and support Which necessary drivers to install from optional updates? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Usually when I clean install Windows 10, I manually install graphics drivers which I download from nvidia and intel, and I just let windows updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nixiejames, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Which necessary drivers to install from optional updates?

Usually when I clean install Windows 10, I manually install graphics drivers which I download from nvidia and intel, and I just let windows updates install the rest of the necessary drivers. Version 20H2 was different, however, as it put a lot of the drivers in the optional updates so I have to choose which ones to install. I have 5 exclamation points in device manager.

Which necessary drivers to install from optional updates? [​IMG]

I know the unknown devices to be for bluetooth and radio. I just need help with the first three. The drivers listed in the optional updates are as follows:

Which necessary drivers to install from optional updates? [​IMG]

:)

nixiejames, Nov 22, 2020
  2. TinKode Win User

Driver updates

Hello GregVerstegen,

My name is and I'm here to help you.

Windows 10 should automatically install all the necessary drivers, but if that does not happen, you have two solutions.

1. Install the necessary drivers from the Internet/official websites of computer companies such as ASUS, Dell, Lenovo, etc.
    2. Install the required drivers from Device Manager.

How to install drivers from Device Manager?

Step 1: Open Dev. Manager. Click start (WIN button) and type Device Manager.

Step 2: Choose a section of the component parts. Ex: Keyboards, Sound Video and Game Controllers etc.

Step 3: Up, you have the option "Action". Click on it. Hit "Add Legacy Hardware". Click next. First, I suggest you choose the first option ("Search for and install the hardware automatically"). If it doesn't work, than choose the second
    option ("Install the hardware that I manually select from a list"). Click next. There, you have a list of all existing drivers.

TinKode, Nov 22, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Which necessary drivers to install from optional updates? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Which necessary drivers to install from optional updates?

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Which necessary drivers to install from optional updates?

1. Which necessary drivers to install from optional updates? - Similar Threads - necessary drivers install

2. Is it necessary to do the optional updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it necessary to do the optional updates?: hi i have an acer aspire 5349 laptop recently i got problem with my CPU its always high even that i try everything to solve this problem but it doesn't fixed and also when i try to open an program the laptop suddenly shutting down but i have notice that there's an optional...
  3. Is it necessary to do the optional updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it necessary to do the optional updates?: hi i have an acer aspire 5349 laptop recently i got problem with my CPU its always high even that i try everything to solve this problem but it doesn't fixed and also when i try to open an program the laptop suddenly shutting down but i have notice that there's an optional...
  4. Doubts Regarding Installation of Optional Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Doubts Regarding Installation of Optional Driver Updates: Hello, My Laptop is HP Pavilion-15cc132tx Window 10 Home Version 20H2,I have confusion regarding installation of Necessary drivers out of the Optional Drivers Updates.Can anyone please help me to choose which drivers to download and install out of given list below?...
  5. No option to cancel downloading/installing a driver update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No option to cancel downloading/installing a driver update?: There's should be a simple option. A button next to the updatea simple "Cancel". Thing is, the latest AMD drivers for my set just don't worki guess AMD didn't test my A6-6310 apu with r4 and there is a REASON i've already opted out via Radeon settings. Stop forcing it upon...
  6. Is it necessary to install Windows 10 2004 Optional Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it necessary to install Windows 10 2004 Optional Updates?: There is an Insyde's firmware update along with Rivet network LLC software component and 5 of Intel's System updates. I am not a tech guy but I know firmware are BIOS updates and its not recommended to update them unless necessary. So, I am confused if I should update these...
  7. When is it necessary to update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When is it necessary to update?: Hello, everybody, I have windows 10 Pro version 1903 and mainly use the computer for photo editing, video editing and gaming. Usually my policy regarding updates is to install them when the system requires them in a recommended or mandatory way. Or when an update does not...
  8. Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?: I was wondering - in case I need to do a clean install - whether to use motherboard drivers from the motherboard manufacturer or just use the ones that comes with windows 10. Last time i built a PC was in the early days of Win 7 and i used motherboard drivers provided by the...
  9. Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?

in Windows 10 Support
    Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?: I was wondering - in case I need to do a clean install - whether to use motherboard drivers from the motherboard manufacturer or just use the ones that comes with windows 10. Last time i built a PC was in the early days of Win 7 and i used motherboard drivers provided by the...
  10. Windows update not giving the option to install driver updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update not giving the option to install driver updates?: Hey Guys I have a rather strange issue, when I run wushowhide under hide (option to hide the updates) updated it shows multiple updates for hardware that are available, however when I run windows updates these updates do not appear? The only updates that appear are the...