Windows 10: Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable

Discus and support Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I just installed a new NVidia GTX 1050 Ti GPu since the previous AMD GPU died. Which of the tasks and services below can I safely disable? I'm content... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Steve C, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable

I just installed a new NVidia GTX 1050 Ti GPu since the previous AMD GPU died. Which of the tasks and services below can I safely disable? I'm content to configure games manually and check manually for driver updates.

Services:

Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable [​IMG]

Tasks:

Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Oct 6, 2017

2. Upgraded to Windows 10 Display flashes- I've tried the "normal" fixes

I just upgraded from 8.1 on an HP ENVY 700 series desktop. Immediately after upgrade the display (ACER) began flashing on the desktop screen and I am unable to do anything. I was able to get to the task manager (disabled a couple of services) and enabled
    the hidden User Administrator account. I then booted in safe mode and was able to get through the install using the administrator account. I then logged in normal (administrator account) the display does not flash.

I logged in using my "normal" user account and the display still flashes. So far I have-

Rolled back to the first set point.

Updated the NVIDIA drivers from the NVIDIA website (I did not uninstall the old ones)

Disabled Beats Audio

Disabled all non Microsoft services

Disabled all tasks in the Startup menu

Logged in as my user in safe mode (no flashing) and even though I selected safe mode with networking I cannot get to the internet (Didn't have the internet issue as administrator)

Changed my user to a standard account from an administrator.

And probably some things I am forgetting, nothing has stopped the flashing. The flashing does seem to be a little slower.

I finally got so fed up I tried to rollback to 8.1. The rollback encountered technical difficulties and wouldn't start. Any suggestions would be appreciate

WilliamB93, Oct 6, 2017
  3. acee87 Win User
    Fujitsu Lifebook freezes on initial setup

After getting it to work this way, were you still able to select which graphics processor to run an application with? I.e. can you still:

• Right click on a short-cut or exe and does the "Run with graphics processor" option show up and work correctly?
    • Open the NVIDIA Control Panel and configure per-application defaults for running either with the Integrated Intel, or High Performance NVIDIA GPU?
    I've tried to get Windows 10 working on the T901 a number of times earlier on, going so far as to even contact NVIDIA tech support (no help whatsoever - their responses were: your hardware is defective, Fujitsu doesn't list Windows 10 as supported operating
    system, update your BIOS).

So far, the only way I've been able to get things to run without freezing is to disable the "NVIDIA Display Driver Service" (usually in safe mode). (E.g. open the Run dialog, type services.msc and hit enter, then find NVIDIA Display Driver Service, right-click,
    open properties and choose to disable it).

It seems to be this service or its interaction with the NVIDIA drivers that freezes the system. However once you disable this, you lose the ability to open the NVIDIA control panel and also the ability to manually select which GPU an application runs with.

acee87, Oct 6, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

Dude, Oct 6, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Oct 7, 2017
  6. no1yak Win User
    You can disable or remove every one of the above but, if you want the nvidia control panel to work then don't disable Nvidia Display Container Local system. Unfortunately when you update the driver you will have to remove them all again. ET likes to phone home.

no1yak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable - Similar Threads - NVidia Tasks Services

2. Is it safe to stop these Nvidia and Intel background tasks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to stop these Nvidia and Intel background tasks?: [IMG] It also opens \"Nvidia Web Helper Service\" on startup. I know these don't really affect performance, but it's just annoying that this opens without my permission. submitted by /u/ChilDragonMC [link] [comments]...
  3. How do I know which Windows Services are safe to disable?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I know which Windows Services are safe to disable?: How do I know which Windows Services are safe to disable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-which-windows-services-are-safe-to/ec07e292-c694-4bdd-8014-ba72738dec10
  4. Is it completely safe to disable these services?

Is it completely safe to disable these services?: I am satisfied with my current version, if it completely safe to permanently stop and disable: Windows Updater service Windows Installer service submitted by /u/VillsSkyTerror [link] [comments]...
  5. Safe to disable tasks?

Safe to disable tasks?: For the past few months, my computer wakes up in the middle of the night. Using "powercfg -lastwake" in cmd I was able to trace the cause to Update Orchestrator. I found this guide and followed it....
  6. Safe Mode disabled services

Safe Mode disabled services: I'm having an issue where a (or some) program(s) won't launch or install normally but will in safe mode. Is there a way to get a list of the services that safe mode disables so I can narrow down the problem? submitted by /u/Shadowlord87 [link] [comments]...
  7. Is it safe to disable service Server?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to disable service Server?: Hi! when I google for services that are safe to disable, none of the articles seem to mention Server. But service called Server is responsible for all kinds of shares like \\localhost\c$ which could potentially be security problem. Is it sefe to disable it or if I do then...
  8. Which Windows 10 Services can you safely disable?

in Windows 10 News
    Which Windows 10 Services can you safely disable?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 has many Services to make sure that the operating system functions smoothly. While it is best to leave the Service configuration at their default values, there are some performance & tweak enthusiasts who want to make their Windows [...] This post...
  9. Can I safely disable these nvidia services from running at start up?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I safely disable these nvidia services from running at start up?: I am having some problems using MS account related facilities on a 24 hour basis, Cortana interests don't come up, Store is slow to login, Outlook mail (native app) doesn't sync, Family not available, store slow to load, etc etc. Something is triggering the issue (which does...
  10. Which Windows Services Can You Safely Disable?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which Windows Services Can You Safely Disable?: My laptop getting slow to boot so i decide to turn off some unused services maybe like print spooler, remote desktop etc, so i need your guys to help me decide this. Thanks in advance.. 60418

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need all nividia tasks in the task manager

2. nvidia tasks to disable

3. disable nvidia tasks