Windows 10: Which of these C++ runtimes do I need?

Discus and support Which of these C++ runtimes do I need? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On March 1st of this year, I reset my PC. When I checked the list of programs for the C++ redistributables I needed, I found 2017 visual c++ 14.13 was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pieguy6mc, Apr 1, 2019.

1. pieguy6mc Win User

Which of these C++ runtimes do I need?

On March 1st of this year, I reset my PC. When I checked the list of programs for the C++ redistributables I needed, I found 2017 visual c++ 14.13 was the only one. I recently installed a trial of Creative Cloud, and after cancelling it noticed that not only was the original redistributable gone now, but there were more in it's place. I checked Adobe, and it said that

• VC2005
    • VC2008
    • VC2010
    • VC2012
    • VC2013
    • VC2015
    • VC2017

Would be installed. Now, since the original C++ is gone, I need to know which ones I can delete. The current ones installed are in the image. I know I don't need something old like 2005, and I uninstalled all games in case. So do I just keep the most recent (14.15 2017)? Man It'd really be nice if when these programs uninstalled they'd take their now useless dlls with them. Which of these C++ runtimes do I need? 6c6a525e-686d-4218-8df6-f2076108de3c?upload=true.png

:)

pieguy6mc, Apr 1, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Hello Mohammed,

This error can be caused by Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries missing or software problem. To assist you with your concern, we suggest you download the latest available Visual C++ components found on this article:
    The latest supported Visual C++ downloads.

If the error doesn't let you get past the startup screen and wouldn't let you download the needed components, we suggest you disable the recently installed program on startup. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + X.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Go to the Startup tab and right click on the program.
    • Select Disable.
    Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Apr 1, 2019
  3. microsoft visual c++ runtime error

Hi Alain,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Does the issue occur mostly when you are working on windows explorer window?

This type of error is usually related to damaged C++ components installed. Download and install the latest Visual C++ runtime. Locate and then remove the existing Visual C++ installation. To do this, follow these steps:

Step 1:

1. Press Windows key + X, click on
    control panel.

2. Go to Programs and Features.

3. Locate
    Microsoft Visual C++ in the list of installed programs.

4. Click
    Microsoft Visual C++, and then click Uninstall.

Note: If you cannot find Microsoft Visual C++ in the installed programs list, go to step 2

Step 2: Follow the steps to remove the software.

Download and then install the latest Visual C++ runtime. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search.aspx

2. Download latest Visual C++

3. Make sure that the computer is installed with all the latest hardware drivers

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Which of these C++ runtimes do I need?

Visual C++ runtime library error

Hi Andre,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Does the issue occur mostly when you are working on windows explorer window?

This type of error is usually related to damaged C++ components installed. Download and install the latest Visual C++ runtime. Locate and then remove the existing Visual C++ installation. To do this, follow these steps:

Step 1:

1. Press Windows key + X, click on
    control panel.

2. Go to Programs and Features.

3. Locate
    Microsoft Visual C++ in the list of installed programs.

4. Click
    Microsoft Visual C++, and then click Uninstall.

Note: If you cannot find Microsoft Visual C++ in the installed programs list, go to step 2.

Step 2: Follow the steps to remove the software.

Download and then install the latest Visual C++ runtime. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search.aspx

2. Download latest Visual C++

3. Make sure that the computer is installed with all the latest hardware drivers

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Which of these C++ runtimes do I need?

1. Which of these C++ runtimes do I need? - Similar Threads - C++ runtimes need

2. I need help on Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help on Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error.: It says this after I updated my Laptop Assertion Failed! Program: ...\node-vulcanjs\build\Release\VulcanMessageLib.node File: C:\bid\workspace\CXX-Process\release...\vulcanadapter.cc Line: 390 Expression vulcan_ And then I can only chose Abort, Retry and Ignore buttons....
  3. I need help on Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help on Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error.: It says this after I updated my Laptop Assertion Failed! Program: ...\node-vulcanjs\build\Release\VulcanMessageLib.node File: C:\bid\workspace\CXX-Process\release...\vulcanadapter.cc Line: 390 Expression vulcan_ And then I can only chose Abort, Retry and Ignore buttons....
  4. How do i fix C++ 2022 X64 Additional Runtime

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i fix C++ 2022 X64 Additional Runtime: How do i fix C++ 2022 X64 Additional Runtime im on windows 10 I have tried installing it from the page using the troubleshooter using regesitry of this info is necessary i was trying to play Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0...
  5. How do i fix C++ 2022 X64 Additional Runtime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix C++ 2022 X64 Additional Runtime: How do i fix C++ 2022 X64 Additional Runtime im on windows 10 I have tried installing it from the page using the troubleshooter using regesitry of this info is necessary i was trying to play Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0...
  6. How do i fix C++ 2022 X64 Additional Runtime

7. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime Error

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime Error: I'm running Windows 10, fully updated on a new install. After installing Office 2013 and Adobe CS5.5 I'm getting a message on start up 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library c:\program Runtime ErrorDoes anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Microsoft C++ runtime

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft C++ runtime: Shutting down unexpectedly, someone help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-c-runtime/2f62dfbc-2b56-4bfb-b73b-d9c439927902
  9. Which version do I need?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which version do I need?: Hi all, Building a new PC, and PCPartpicker is showing me 2 different versions of Win10 Home 64bit. What is the difference between part# kw9-00139 vs kw9-00140 ?? One is $70 more expensive than the other? Of course if you can point me to a cheaper source... Thanks...
  10. how do i download microsoft visual c++2015 runtime

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i download microsoft visual c++2015 runtime: how do i down load microsoft visual c++2015 runtime on my computer as when i try to launch the game 303 squadron battle over britan i get a error message saying the following components are required to run this programme microsoft visual c++2015 runtime...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which c do i need

2. what runtimes do i need

3. which runtimes do i need

4. what runtimes do i need for windows 10