Windows 10: Which of these towers would you get and why?

Discus and support Which of these towers would you get and why? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If you promise to ad an SSD to it, last one would do a better job for you on account on processor alone.16GB of RAM should also be quite enough. Which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mobster011, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Which of these towers would you get and why?

Which do you think would work best given my needs if I didn't add the SSD?

mobster011, Feb 3, 2018
  2. essenbe Win User

I'm not sure how Dell manipulates the cards they sell, but the 1050 TI retail version supports up to 4 monitors. I wouldn't think Dell would alter that. I would look at the specs for the connections on the back of the cards and check those against your monitors connection options. Some of the 10xx series didn't come with DVI connections, but the AIB versions put them on the cards. It should still work OK, you may just have to buy some adapters, which are pretty cheap.

For what it appears you are going to use the computer for, I don't think it will be real CPU intensive, so what I am about to say may make little difference. I would opt for the 8700. As has already been said, it is newer as well as it has 6 cores where the 7700 has 4 cores. That simply means the CPU will do a lot more work before it bogs down than the 7700 will. They are both pretty fast chips, but 6 cores going that speed is pretty strong. Like Bobkn, I have a 5930K and an 8700K as well. Either one is a great CPU, but I am partial to the 8700K. They both have the same number of cores and threads, but the 8700K just runs them much faster.

I would also second the motion for an SSD. But I would not buy it from Dell. Just get one retail and put it in yourself. It will be much cheaper plus you will get to select the brand and size you want.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Which of these towers would you get and why?

1. Which of these towers would you get and why? - Similar Threads - towers why

2. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  3. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  4. Where is the manual or protocol to answer this towers questions? I command here.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the manual or protocol to answer this towers questions? I command here.: Red alertSealClerksCity titles Military titlesRelationships by direction Relationships by appointment of books or fantasyRez book to remember one dayConvergesUpdate computers in readiness for repairs...
  5. Where is the manual or protocol to answer this towers questions? I command here.

Where is the manual or protocol to answer this towers questions? I command here.: Red alertSealClerksCity titles Military titlesRelationships by direction Relationships by appointment of books or fantasyRez book to remember one dayConvergesUpdate computers in readiness for repairs...
  6. Why did I get a bluescreen and heat coming from the tower after startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did I get a bluescreen and heat coming from the tower after startup?: I had just shut down my PC for a sec to clean the keyboard and when I turned it back on, it got to the lock screen and then it bluescreened a second later. My files are still there but my patience is decreasiing. There was some heat that came off the tower right before the...
  7. Why did I get a bluescreen and heat coming from the tower after startup?

Why did I get a bluescreen and heat coming from the tower after startup?: I had just shut down my PC for a sec to clean the keyboard and when I turned it back on, it got to the lock screen and then it bluescreened a second later. My files are still there but my patience is decreasiing. There was some heat that came off the tower right before the...
  8. Why did I get a bluescreen and heat coming from the tower after startup?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Why wont my PC tower completely shut off after moving from Windows 10 to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my PC tower completely shut off after moving from Windows 10 to Windows 11?: I just updated my pc from Windows 10 to Windows 11 on 3/18/23 and now my tower wont shut off completely like it did before. I tried turning fast start up off, disabling my drivers and re-installing them etc. but still have no clue on why it wont shut off. I even tried...
  10. Why wont my PC tower completely shut off after moving from Windows 10 to Windows 11?

Why wont my PC tower completely shut off after moving from Windows 10 to Windows 11?: I just updated my pc from Windows 10 to Windows 11 on 3/18/23 and now my tower wont shut off completely like it did before. I tried turning fast start up off, disabling my drivers and re-installing them etc. but still have no clue on why it wont shut off. I even tried...