Windows 10: Which Office?

Discus and support Which Office? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Two completely different situations I'm trying to resolve. An elderly couple share a desktop PC. They are seeking my advice on a replacement PC,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tpriest, Jul 24, 2020.

1. tpriest Win User

Which Office?

Two completely different situations I'm trying to resolve.

1. An elderly couple share a desktop PC. They are seeking my advice on a replacement PC, that's straightforward. However I'm uncertain about Office.. They currently run Office 2003 on it. They use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; may occasionally need Publisher. So Microsoft 365 would seem to be the way forward.
      • They each have their own Login. Does that represent 2 Users?
      • Is a Microsoft account required for each person to install or manage such an installation?
      • The couple also have 2 laptops which currently have their own Office installation, later version but I suspect in the future they may prefer to be able to bring Office on all PCs into line. Are there any further implications there?
    2. I have both a desktop & a laptop PC, both running Office 2010 Professional. Im the only user and use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher. Want to learn Access but havent got round to it yet. I dont have a Microsoft Account (do have an old style desktop Skype login but its not an email address). Clearly it seems Microsoft 365 Personal is the way forward. Around a total of 60 / year for up to date Office on 2 PCs seems like a good deal.
      • Do I need to have a Microsoft Account?

Maybe Im unnecessarily concerned about Microsoft Accounts, its just that it seems more and more accounts are needed these days.

:)

tpriest, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 26, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Which Office?

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Which Office?

1. Which Office? - Similar Threads - Office

2. New Office Insider Beta Channel v2009 build 13130.20000 - August 3

in Windows 10 News
    New Office Insider Beta Channel v2009 build 13130.20000 - August 3: New Office Insider Beta Channel v2009 build 13130.20000 has been released. Release notes not yet available from Microsoft. This post will be updated when notes are released this Friday. Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/off...s/beta-channel...
  3. Trio Office subcriber

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trio Office subcriber: I upgrade my subscription to the one time annual. I sold that computer and I need to installed in my new computer. How I can do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trio-office-subcriber/d260c376-a600-42a4-99db-e4ee4ca1cc73
  4. My Office Home & Student 2016 with my Word has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Office Home & Student 2016 with my Word has disappeared.: I was working on my Word last evening. When I tried to open my document today, my entire Office Home & Student 2016 with my Word has disappeared. How can I reinstall it?...
  5. Microsoft Office 365 saying I don't own it and it's not activated after a reinstall.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Office 365 saying I don't own it and it's not activated after a reinstall.: Microsoft Office was bugging out for me once with an update, it wouldn't launch at all and I decided to reinstall it. Now that I've done that, it's saying that I need to activate Office by purchasing a licence from them. I used to be able to use these programs just fine and...
  6. Genuine Product Keys for MS Office

Genuine Product Keys for MS Office: Hello, I'm new to this sub and I'm not really sure if this is the place to ask this. A friend of mine sells product keys for software like Windows, MS Office etc. I'm interested in buying one for MS Office to install in my new pc (70% cheaper compared to the price on...
  7. what does this code mean? ?Office XP Service Pack 3 - Error 0x80096004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what does this code mean? ?Office XP Service Pack 3 - Error 0x80096004: what does this code mean? ?Office XP Service Pack 3 - Error 0x80096004 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-code-mean-office-xp-service-pack-3/178468b3-cf0d-4e76-ad5f-da093b6b4509
  8. Cannot verify my Microsoft account / Cannot activate any of my Microsoft Office products

Cannot verify my Microsoft account / Cannot activate any of my Microsoft Office products: So... hello there! I have Win10 on its latest update for a few days now; my laptop is a Huawei MateBook D 15 with an x64 operational system. I am currently experiencing the issue of being practically unable to log in to my Microsoft Office account to use my products. I can...
  9. I accidentally deleted Microsoft office

I accidentally deleted Microsoft office: I didnt know Microsoft word was a part of Microsoft office. And i didnt use Microsoft office (atlease i thought that) but now i cant download it anymore. It says i have to pay. What should i do and how do i re-install it? And do i get the documents back then? submitted by...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly unactive after deleting Microsoft Office

Windows 10 suddenly unactive after deleting Microsoft Office: Hello, So yesterday I deleted Microsoft Office because I had a problem with it, and when i restarted my laptop I got "active windows" watermark on my screen. I went to Settings > Update & Security > Activation and i saw a message in yellow that says "We can't active Windows...