Windows 10: Which Office?

Discus and support Which Office? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Two completely different situations I'm trying to resolve. An elderly couple share a desktop PC. They are seeking my advice on a replacement PC,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tpriest, Jul 24, 2020.

1. tpriest Win User

Which Office?

Two completely different situations I'm trying to resolve.

1. An elderly couple share a desktop PC. They are seeking my advice on a replacement PC, that's straightforward. However I'm uncertain about Office.. They currently run Office 2003 on it. They use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; may occasionally need Publisher. So Microsoft 365 would seem to be the way forward.
      • They each have their own Login. Does that represent 2 Users?
      • Is a Microsoft account required for each person to install or manage such an installation?
      • The couple also have 2 laptops which currently have their own Office installation, later version but I suspect in the future they may prefer to be able to bring Office on all PCs into line. Are there any further implications there?
    2. I have both a desktop & a laptop PC, both running Office 2010 Professional. Im the only user and use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher. Want to learn Access but havent got round to it yet. I dont have a Microsoft Account (do have an old style desktop Skype login but its not an email address). Clearly it seems Microsoft 365 Personal is the way forward. Around a total of 60 / year for up to date Office on 2 PCs seems like a good deal.
      • Do I need to have a Microsoft Account?

Maybe Im unnecessarily concerned about Microsoft Accounts, its just that it seems more and more accounts are needed these days.

:)

tpriest, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 26, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Which Office?

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Which Office?

1. Which Office? - Similar Threads - Office

2. Yesterday there was a story on AI and hiring someone who would be chief AI officer, could...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yesterday there was a story on AI and hiring someone who would be chief AI officer, could...: Yesterday there was a story on AI and hiring someone who would be chief AI officer, could you give me a link to that please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-there-was-a-story-on-ai-and-hiring/1df04cd4-dfe3-47c6-b6cd-036baa8a6c5c
  3. Yesterday there was a story on AI and hiring someone who would be chief AI officer, could...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yesterday there was a story on AI and hiring someone who would be chief AI officer, could...: Yesterday there was a story on AI and hiring someone who would be chief AI officer, could you give me a link to that please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-there-was-a-story-on-ai-and-hiring/1df04cd4-dfe3-47c6-b6cd-036baa8a6c5c
  4. "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.: The "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo. I've tried:Restart machineRepairResetUninstall/InstallWindows info:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2/‎27/‎2023 OS build 22621.3447 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0...
  5. "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.

"Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.: The "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo. I've tried:Restart machineRepairResetUninstall/InstallWindows info:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2/‎27/‎2023 OS build 22621.3447 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0...
  6. HP Office Jet Pro 9130e will not print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Office Jet Pro 9130e will not print: I purchased a new HP laptop in August 2024. It is Windows 11. My Old HP printer died. I purchased the HP Office Jet Pro 9130e. It said it successfully connected to Wi-Fi, the next thing it said was It is not configured or connected, and the final thing said it is not...
  7. HP Office Jet Pro 9130e will not print

HP Office Jet Pro 9130e will not print: I purchased a new HP laptop in August 2024. It is Windows 11. My Old HP printer died. I purchased the HP Office Jet Pro 9130e. It said it successfully connected to Wi-Fi, the next thing it said was It is not configured or connected, and the final thing said it is not...
  8. impossible d'envoyer ave Office WORD 2016 vers le destinateur je pocéde windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    impossible d'envoyer ave Office WORD 2016 vers le destinateur je pocéde windows 10: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/impossible-denvoyer-ave-office-word-2016-vers-le/8551fcfb-7d2f-46cb-81bb-86c0a0692347
  9. impossible d'envoyer ave Office WORD 2016 vers le destinateur je pocéde windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    impossible d'envoyer ave Office WORD 2016 vers le destinateur je pocéde windows 10: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/impossible-denvoyer-ave-office-word-2016-vers-le/8551fcfb-7d2f-46cb-81bb-86c0a0692347
  10. impossible d'envoyer ave Office WORD 2016 vers le destinateur je pocéde windows 10