Windows 10: Which one is my Linux Partition?

Discus and support Which one is my Linux Partition? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I did a dual boot thing a few weeks back starring Ubuntu Budgie. It's great on my Mini PC by the TV but I'm over it on my desktop. I'm following a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Aug 28, 2018.

1. The Pool Man Win User

Which one is my Linux Partition?

So I did a dual boot thing a few weeks back starring Ubuntu Budgie. It's great on my Mini PC by the TV but I'm over it on my desktop. I'm following a tutorial by a trusted YouTube bloke but hit a stumbling block using Minitool: I can't figure out which part of the partition is the Ubuntu.

(I can guess but I'd rather be certain.)

I felt like I created a 10-20 GB partition. I have disk partition and MiniTool showing. Is it the 100MB one? *Huh My hard drive is a 512 SSD.

Which one is my Linux Partition? [​IMG]

Which one is my Linux Partition? [​IMG]

:)

The Pool Man, Aug 28, 2018
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Aug 28, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 28, 2018
  4. NaivedyaBansal Win User

Linux Partition

I have ubuntu in a separate partition along with windows 8.1 installed on my pc. Would the partition be affected if I do a clean upgrade to windows 10.? I want the upgrade to erase everything in the windows partition only and install there from scratch
    without affecting the linux partition. How do I accomplish that?

NaivedyaBansal, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Which one is my Linux Partition? - Similar Threads - Linux Partition

2. Running Linux on Windows 10 easier with Hyper-V Quick Create

in Windows 10 News
    Running Linux on Windows 10 easier with Hyper-V Quick Create: Today, we’ve made running Linux even easier on Windows 10. With the Hyper-V Quick Create feature added in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, we have partnered with Ubuntu and added a virtual machine image so in a few quick minutes, you’ll be up and developing. This is...
  3. Dual boot Linux on my Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Linux on my Windows 10 Laptop: I want to Dual Boot ubuntu on my windows 10 laptop. I have tried it once before on my previous laptop and once I started using Ubuntu my activated windows 10 stopped working. I just want to know if it is possible for me to dual boot Ubuntu on my laptop and not loose my...
  4. Install Ubuntu in Windows Subsystem Linux got error Installation Failed! and Error: 0x80004002

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Ubuntu in Windows Subsystem Linux got error Installation Failed! and Error: 0x80004002: Hello, Please support to me about error code 0x80004002 when I install Ubuntu after enable feature Windows Subsystem Linux...
  5. HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound: Hi folks trying an experiment I hadn't thought of before Going through some old junk I found a small mini USB sound and Mic adapter. Tested it on a Native CENTOS machine (the one with the radeon GPU where I couldn't get sound working in any case) Worked fine -- hardware...
  6. Windows 10 Standard User cannot connect to Red Hat Linux Share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Standard User cannot connect to Red Hat Linux Share: I have an issue that has been ongoing. I will use one user as an example, but it is happening with multiple users. We setup a new system with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (latest updates). All Windows systems have static IP addresses. We are using a domain and not a workgroup....
  7. Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise

in Windows 10 News
    Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise: Recently, customers in an enterprise environment have asked if there is a way to install WSL without an internet connection. These companies had some machines that would benefit from having WSL, but don't have an internet connection for security, logistics, or other reasons....
  8. Several orphaned drive partitions after failed linux dual boot install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Several orphaned drive partitions after failed linux dual boot install: Partitions can be merged only when next to each other.
  9. No pb to mount partition in linux e/t Fast Startup is enabled in W10

in Windows 10 Support
    No pb to mount partition in linux e/t Fast Startup is enabled in W10: hi.I just found out that Fast Startup feature is still enabled in my version of Windows 10 (currently 1703).And I was able to mount the C: NTFS partition in linux read/write without problem (ntfs-3g is supposed to warn you and prevent you from mounting it RW if fast startup...
  10. Using EasyBCD to boot a Linux partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using EasyBCD to boot a Linux partition: Moderator: If this is the wrong forum for this question, please move this post to the right forum. Has anyone used EasyBCD to book a Linux partition? Can you post how you accomplished that. Thanks in advance.*Smile 58360

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which linux partition