Windows 10: Which partition can I delete during clean installation of Windows 10?

Discus and support Which partition can I delete during clean installation of Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While doing a clean install of windows 10, I get list of partition on my hard drive. I am too much confused as to which one should I delete to get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SHREYANSH_JHA, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Which partition can I delete during clean installation of Windows 10?

While doing a clean install of windows 10, I get list of partition on my hard drive. I am too much confused as to which one should I delete to get a clean install of windows 10 and it gets activated automatically. Here is a screenshot of my disk management.

:)

SHREYANSH_JHA, Jul 17, 2020

2. The Efi system partition deleting during clean install....

Hello,

I have the Dell inspiron 15 5558 and i wanted to know that mine got a partition called the "EFI system partition" which is of 100mb. So, when i will go to clean install of windows 10 to the step to delete all my partitions, will that system reserved partition
    be recreated during install? Or i have to click on new, and then that system reserved partition gets created(which will be of 500mb for windows10 according to my research)?

Milind Goel, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Avocado Win User
    Delete or format partition during clean install windows

Step 1:

If the entire hard drive not show as unallocated space, then delete all partitions on the hard drive until it's unallocated (see screenshot below). Select a partition and click on the "Delete" option for each partition.

Which partition can I delete during clean installation of Windows 10? [​IMG]

Step 2:

- Option 1:

Click on the "Next" button. The installation of Windows 10 will begin. All the required partitions are created automatically during the install.

- Option 2:

Select the "New" and "Apply" buttons.

Click on the "Next" button. The installation of Windows 10 will begin.

For more info about UEFI mode and Legacy BIOS mode, look at post #5 in this thread: Cant install Windows 10 because of GPT partition error message

Avocado, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Which partition can I delete during clean installation of Windows 10?

Error: We couldn't delete the selected partition. [Error: 0x800701b1] when trying to delete partition during Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need the following information from you to help you further:

• How are you trying to install Windows?
    • Which partition are you trying to delete?

In the meantime, you can refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Formatting the partition

If you are trying to delete one particular partition, you can format the partition and see if that helps. To format the partition, on the installation screen select the partition that you want to format and click on
    Format.

Method 2: Using Diskpart command

If you are performing a clean installation on the computer and want to delete all the partitions from the computer, you may try using the Diskpart commands. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. On the installation screen press Shift key + F10 to open Command Prompt.
    2. Type Diskpart and hit Enter.
    3. Type list disk.
    4. Type select disk 0.
    5. Type clean.
    6. Now, close command prompt window and continue installation.
    Note: Running clean command will erase all the information from the hard drive.

For more information on performing a clean installation, please refer the article

How to Clean Install Windows 10 on a PC Step-by-Step Guide
    created by PaulSey...

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Which partition can I delete during clean installation of Windows 10?

1. Which partition can I delete during clean installation of Windows 10? - Similar Threads - partition delete during

2. Windows 11 clean install,which partitions to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean install,which partitions to delete: Hi I want to install windows on drive 1. Do I delete all drive 0 partitions and then install on drive 1 or do I delete all drive 0 and drive 1? Many thanks...
  3. Windows 11 clean install,which partitions to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 clean install,which partitions to delete: Hi I want to install windows on drive 1. Do I delete all drive 0 partitions and then install on drive 1 or do I delete all drive 0 and drive 1? Many thanks...
  4. Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?: I am intending to do a clean install of win 10 on an acer nitro but I am unsure as to which partitions to wipe and which one i should install the operating systemThe following partitions are listed Which partition is safe to install it on and can all the others be...
  5. Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?: I am intending to do a clean install of win 10 on an acer nitro but I am unsure as to which partitions to wipe and which one i should install the operating systemThe following partitions are listed Which partition is safe to install it on and can all the others be...
  6. Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. What are these partitions for and which can be safely deleted (clean install)

What are these partitions for and which can be safely deleted (clean install): I'm planning on doing a clean install of Windows 10 from ISO on a USB. Looking at the partitions I have now, I'm not sure exactly what all these are for and which I should/could keep/delete. [ATTACH] I know what (C:) obviously is, and Disk 1 is an external drive, so...
  8. Which partitions can I delete?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which partitions can I delete?: Hi Which of these partitions can I delete? See attach. 1 or more negate Macrum. OS on SSD. 2 additional HDs. Thank you. 47405
  9. Delete or format partition during clean install windows

Delete or format partition during clean install windows: Hey guys i just join this forum and today i've plan to clean install my PC well i kinda noob with this one and i like to ask some question. Once you get to the Custom (Advanced) tab of Windows 10 clean install there are options to delete the partition, format, etc. Which one...
  10. Incorrect partitioning during clean install.

Incorrect partitioning during clean install.: Hey guys, I had to do a clean install windows 10 and I've never done it before. When it says where you would like to install windows I had 3 partitions and instead of deleting 3 of them to make one unallocated, I only deleted two and formatted the primary partition where I...