Windows 10: Which partition should be used for windows 10 installation? System, or promary

Discus and support Which partition should be used for windows 10 installation? System, or promary in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Which partition should be selected for windows setup to install windows; system or primary?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JosephMurphy5, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Which partition should be used for windows 10 installation? System, or promary

Which partition should be selected for windows setup to install windows; system or primary?

:)

JosephMurphy5, Mar 4, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 4, 2021
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Which partition should be used for windows 10 installation?  System, or promary partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Carsomyr Win User

Which partition should be used for windows 10 installation? System, or promary

Partition SSD during windows 10 install

I'm assembling a new PC and running a fresh windows 10 install. I'd like to know how to partition the ssd into 2 separate partitions during the windows install (I'm using a bootable usb drive to install Windows).

I want to know if I need to input specific settings for those partitions or if it's all automatic?

I need one partition for Windows on and another for my documents. The ssd has 960gb size.

So I'm guessing it has about 60gb over-provisionning. I could leave out a bit more, but it probably doesn't matter that much

Carsomyr, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Which partition should be used for windows 10 installation? System, or promary

1. Which partition should be used for windows 10 installation? System, or promary - Similar Threads - partition should used

2. Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?: I am intending to do a clean install of win 10 on an acer nitro but I am unsure as to which partitions to wipe and which one i should install the operating systemThe following partitions are listed Which partition is safe to install it on and can all the others be...
  3. Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?: I am intending to do a clean install of win 10 on an acer nitro but I am unsure as to which partitions to wipe and which one i should install the operating systemThe following partitions are listed Which partition is safe to install it on and can all the others be...
  4. which one of "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy Recovery partition" should I delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which one of "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy Recovery partition" should I delete: I recently deleted windows 10 that was installed in my HDD and I installed windows 11 on my SSD and if you look at the screenshot, the 122 GB deleted volume is where my windows 10 was installed and now I'm confused that should I delete "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy...
  5. which one of "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy Recovery partition" should I delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which one of "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy Recovery partition" should I delete: I recently deleted windows 10 that was installed in my HDD and I installed windows 11 on my SSD and if you look at the screenshot, the 122 GB deleted volume is where my windows 10 was installed and now I'm confused that should I delete "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy...
  6. Which Windows 10 version should I use for Clean Install ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which Windows 10 version should I use for Clean Install ?: I am fed up with my computer's performance decreasing as new updates are installed. So I plan to do a clean install. Which build version of Windows 10 should I use? submitted by /u/AERegeneratel38 [link] [comments]...
  7. Which file should I use to start this installation?

Which file should I use to start this installation?: So far I've spent 3 days with various MS technicians (4 technicians and 4 Case Nos). Each in his own way has left me stranded ... this after the procedure to contact MS and then wait on phone for over an hour just to reach the technician. Then the hours spend sitting here...
  8. On which partition should I install Windows 10?

On which partition should I install Windows 10?: I recently faced a serious booting issue. I was unable to reset or restore my PC since there were no restore points available. And I don't wanna lose my personal data. So I decided to custom install windows and then recover my files from Windows.old folder. I booted with...
  9. Which windows 10 should I use in this specs?

Which windows 10 should I use in this specs?: I am using windows 7 (64 bit) in an old desktop PC. My specs are- g31 motherboard 2.00 GHz Dual core processor (about 8 years old) 3GB DDR2 RAM Can I use windows 10 (64 bit) comfortably? or should I install 32 bit? or which windows should I use? please help!!...
  10. Which key should I use?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which key should I use?: Hi! I have Samsung laptop that came with preinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit). I have COA sticker on bottom of my device too. I use ProduKey to check my Windows 7 key but it doesn't match to my key on COA sticker. Furthermore I checked this key from ProduKey in...