Windows 10: which partitions to backup Macrium and where to store?

Discus and support which partitions to backup Macrium and where to store? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; so I want to make the image disk before I update to win 10 ver 1903. macrium shows all the partitions like C:, G, D, system reserved, dell support,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by msongs, Oct 7, 2019.

1. msongs Win User

which partitions to backup Macrium and where to store?

so I want to make the image disk before I update to win 10 ver 1903. macrium shows all the partitions like C:, G, D, system reserved, dell support, etc. which one do I actually need to make an image?

tried doing C: only and it is way too huge for a thumb drive of 16gb, so how big is it? way to big for a dvd disc

thanks!

M. Songs

:)

msongs, Oct 7, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

which partitions to backup Macrium and where to store? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 7, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 7, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

What if macrium reflect backup fail

If a drive has important files on it and there is a Macrium backup image that has never been tested what are the steps to perform partition recovery if the drive is no longer bootable? (Windows recovery can not find the drive)
    And how could you test the Macrium backup image?

zbook, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. which partitions to backup Macrium and where to store? - Similar Threads - partitions backup Macrium

2. Which partitions to backup on a Bootcamp-ed Windows 10 in Macrium Reflect?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which partitions to backup on a Bootcamp-ed Windows 10 in Macrium Reflect?: I have a Macbook Pro and I run Windows 10 using Bootcamp. I wants to take a full system backup of Windows 10 using Macrium Reflect. Macrium Reflect gives me options to backup which partitions: https://i.imgur.com/risEsvI.png I know I need select number 3, if I only wants to...
  3. Which To Use? Custom Recovery Partition or Macrium Reflect?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Which To Use? Custom Recovery Partition or Macrium Reflect?: Someone tell me which one I should use and why? Advantages & Disadvantages of both 146682
  4. Modified Macrium backup

Modified Macrium backup: Dell Inspiron 15 5565, Win 10 Home I want to create a Mactium backup, but it's going to be huge unless I can properly modify it. I tried to use a USB with 28gb free space as the destination, but it wasn't enough [img] My first question is can I just image the first 4...
  5. Which drives to select in Macrium Reflect to make image backup

Which drives to select in Macrium Reflect to make image backup: I am confused which drives you select in MR to make an image. I have an SSD and a data HDD. When opening MR it shows disk 1 with 4 drives. And disk 2 shows 2 drives. Hope this image comes through! If I want to do an image backup with MR which one of these no name, none, Win...
  6. Use Macrium Reflect to backup a partition or the drive

Use Macrium Reflect to backup a partition or the drive: My laptop, which is essentially a portable version of my desktop, has one physical drive partitioned into System and Data partitions. The Data partition is sync'd with my laptop so, if it were to be lost, it could be readily, though slowly, recovered. I use Reflect to create...
  7. Question on Macrium backups

Question on Macrium backups: Thanks for thinking about answering my question! I currently have the following backup plan for my laptop - full backup on Sunday, then Differential every other day of the week. So in the case of a failure, I just have to restore the Sunday Full and the latest Differential...
  8. Macrium Backup error

Macrium Backup error: I was getting system hanging problem in my windows 10 for quite a days (my system is dual boot with two hard disk, one XP and other Windows 10). I already have macrium backup image but I tried to take a new backup of my windows 10 system drives with the free version from...
  9. Macrium installation & backup

Macrium installation & backup: Hello Forum, An hour ago I installed Macrium, after instl. it made (burned) a rescue dvd. I am trying to make my first backup to the system, but first I want to consult with my 'teachers', After installation please see screenshot "macrium - 01.jpg", there are 2 disks, C:...
  10. Macrium backup

Macrium backup: I have made a backup of my hard drive from my old computer with macruim reflect. It is a backup of a few installed applications and software packages but more importantly it is a copy of windows 10 professional with digital entitlement. I plan to buy a new laptop and am...