Windows 10: Which password in WinRE do the repair options require?

Discus and support Which password in WinRE do the repair options require? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, I updated my Lenovo 330 windows 10 and suddenly I could not print any document on my Kyocera FS-1120 printer. Every time I pressed a print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dennis126, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Dennis126 Win User

Which password in WinRE do the repair options require?

Hi guys,

I updated my Lenovo 330 windows 10 and suddenly I could not print any document on my Kyocera FS-1120 printer. Every time I pressed a print command in any of the applications, windows would shut down.

I tried to roll back the printer drivers but the roll back option was not available anymore. Then I attempted to uninstall them and possibly re-install the old drives directly from the printer but that too yielded no result.

I then opted to carry out a system restore where I had last printed a test page. The system restore seemed to have occurred and I was glad to now move on but windows 10, this time gave me a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED stop code and eventually/automatically took me to the winRE.

Now getting there, most for the repairs options are demanding a an admin account password, I have tried my local admin account password, its wrong, my microsoft password, its wrong, my email password, its wrong. Which password in WinRE do the options require? All my passwords are checked and logging me into the relevant apps on my other gadgets. I have not had any password security interference...

I don't want to reinstall using a boot disk because I will lose my files.

:)

Dennis126, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

WinRE password to spunk.funk

No, we haven't drifted. The Windows recovery environment requires an account and password from the system you are trying to repair. It needs an admin account and it checks the registry of the installed Windows to verify if the password you gave it is correct.

There is no other 'special' password just for WinRE, the only passwords it uses are those of the accounts on your system.

Bree, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Which password in WinRE do the repair options require?

Require Password after sleep not working.

Hi,

About your concern in removing the password in your PC. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Click “Start”, type “Power Options” in the start search box, and press “Enter”.
    • Click on “Require Password on Wakeup” on the left pane.
    • Select the option “Change settings that are unavailable”.
    • Select the option “Don't require a password".

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Which password in WinRE do the repair options require?

1. Which password in WinRE do the repair options require? - Similar Threads - password WinRE repair

2. No Option to Require Password in Netplwiz.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Option to Require Password in Netplwiz.exe: Just did a reinstall of Windows 11.Upon opening Netplwiz, ther is no option to require a password.I'm forced every boot to put in my PIN.I want to automatically log in.James...
  3. No Option to Require Password in Netplwiz.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Option to Require Password in Netplwiz.exe: Just did a reinstall of Windows 11.Upon opening Netplwiz, ther is no option to require a password.I'm forced every boot to put in my PIN.I want to automatically log in.James...
  4. How does WinRE option "Recovery from a drive" determine which drive to restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does WinRE option "Recovery from a drive" determine which drive to restore?: Hi, my laptop has three NVME SSDs, the first is a 1TB samsung 970Pro for Windows OS, Second is a 1TB Intel 660P for some temp files, and the third one is a 2TB Samsung 980Pro for all my personal data.Some days ago, I created a recovery drive in Windows 10, and after I boot...
  5. How does WinRE option "Recovery from a drive" determine which drive to restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How does WinRE option "Recovery from a drive" determine which drive to restore?: Hi, my laptop has three NVME SSDs, the first is a 1TB samsung 970Pro for Windows OS, Second is a 1TB Intel 660P for some temp files, and the third one is a 2TB Samsung 980Pro for all my personal data.Some days ago, I created a recovery drive in Windows 10, and after I boot...
  6. There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete

in Windows 10 News
    There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you try to run the System File Checker, you may see an error message – There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete, Restart Windows and run SFC again, If you face this issue, then this [...] This post There is a system repair...
  7. PC Sleep options password required?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PC Sleep options password required?: Can you guys do a favor for me and check in Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options and see if you have the same red warning text that policies are set to require a password when PC wakes from Sleep and the options are grayed-out? Because in my Group Policy settings I have all...
  8. PC Sleep options password required?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Sleep options password required?: Can you guys do a favor for me and check in Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options and see if you have the same red warning text that policies are set to require a password when PC wakes from Sleep and the options are grayed-out? Because in my Group Policy settings I have all...
  9. How do I choose custom time at which Windows requires password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I choose custom time at which Windows requires password?: Hi, I'm wondering if I could choose specific time at which Windows does or does not require a password to log in. For example, if it's between 17:00 and 21:00, I can boot my PC and log in with ease, no password required. Modifying Windows is the way to do it, I guess?...
  10. Password required for unbootable laptop for warranty repair tech

in Windows 10 Support
    Password required for unbootable laptop for warranty repair tech: Hi Probably worried for nothing but I need this repair to go with no snags or extra cost. I am about to send my unbootable laptop in to Lenovo on a warranty claim. What happens if I have forgotten the password (pin number in my case) for the laptop and a password is...