Windows 10: Which personal Windows settings should I enable during Windows Setup?

Discus and support Which personal Windows settings should I enable during Windows Setup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; During a clean installation you are always presented with several choices during the setup procedure after entering your Microsoft Account sign in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Which personal Windows settings should I enable during Windows Setup?

During a clean installation you are always presented with several choices during the setup procedure after entering your Microsoft Account sign in details. The options are :-
    Activity History (I have only one PC-and don't link it to my android phone)
    Android or iPhone setup
    Cortana (Ive tried and don't really find it useful)
    OneDrive (I turn this Off)
    Online Speech recognition
    Improve Inking and Typing
    Set Diagnostics to Full or Basic
    Tailored Experiences for Diagnostics
    Let Apps use Advertising ID
    Im questioning which of these are actually beneficial to the PC user if you enable them ? (apart from Cortana and OneDrive).
    Ive no problem sending data to Microsoft as I personally think privacy fears are a bit overblown but Im sure that some of these will also be working in the background and using up system resources with no real benefit to the user (Using memory and slowing down internet etc). So, which of the above settings are beneficial to the PC user and which are unnecessary or only beneficial to Microsoft for collecting data and should be turned off?
    I would value experienced users opinions on this-not just from a privacy standpoint because privacy isn't my main concern as I personally feel that data is collected everywhere nowadays anyway. Thanks guys

:)

sportsfan148, Jan 6, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 6, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Which personal Windows settings should I enable during Windows Setup?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Which personal Windows settings should I enable during Windows Setup?

1. Which personal Windows settings should I enable during Windows Setup? - Similar Threads - personal settings should

2. Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?: I am unable to backup a VM because some VSS Services are running. One the backup software console [Commvault], there is an error that states there is another backup software running. Commvault support states to reboot and/or contact Microsoft support if the case lingers. I...
  3. Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?: I am unable to backup a VM because some VSS Services are running. One the backup software console [Commvault], there is an error that states there is another backup software running. Commvault support states to reboot and/or contact Microsoft support if the case lingers. I...
  4. What do Windows audio and surround sound setting actually do and which ones should I enable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do Windows audio and surround sound setting actually do and which ones should I enable?: I am using a stereo gaming headset if it matters.1. Windows has an "Enhance Audio" setting. I don't know what it does.2. My motherboardand I presume most motherboards came with access to a Realtek Microsoft store app which has a setting titled "Virtual Surround". 3. Because...
  5. What do Windows audio and surround sound setting actually do and which ones should I enable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do Windows audio and surround sound setting actually do and which ones should I enable?: I am using a stereo gaming headset if it matters.1. Windows has an "Enhance Audio" setting. I don't know what it does.2. My motherboardand I presume most motherboards came with access to a Realtek Microsoft store app which has a setting titled "Virtual Surround". 3. Because...
  6. Chose work instead of personal during setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Chose work instead of personal during setup: While setting up my computer, I accidentally choose to set up my laptop for work/education use instead of personal. Since I don't have a work/education login, I'm unable to get in. Is there any way I can fix this?...
  7. Which Windows 10 should I get?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which Windows 10 should I get?: I am a 15 year old student who will be using the laptop for educational purposes as well as some light gaming. The laptop is coming pre installed with Windows 10 home, but should I upgrade to Pro or Enterprise or the Insider program? submitted by /u/Zeus_Kira [link]...
  8. Which Windows 10 should i get?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which Windows 10 should i get?: So, my University is giving me free windows 10, which version/edition should i get? There are so many options here: A) Assessment and deployment B) Education C) Features on demand D) Hardware lab kit E) Software development F) Driver kit G) 1809, 1909 and 1903 Also, should...
  9. How to Enable Administration Account During Windows 10 Setup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Enable Administration Account During Windows 10 Setup?: I just purchased a new Windows 10 laptop and was wondering whether it is possible to enable the built-in administrator account during the setup process? This would be my initial user account. I would then login as Administrator and finished adding the Standard User accounts....
  10. WiFi - Should I enable Intel Connection Settings?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi - Should I enable Intel Connection Settings?: I notice under my WiFi connection properties there is a tick box to use Intel Connection Settings and a Configure button. What are the advantages (if any) of using this and what are the recommended settings? I'm only sing 2.4GHz WiFi at present. 61597