Windows 10: which product for upgrade FROM Win7 HomePremium OEM to Windows 10 Home?

Discus and support which product for upgrade FROM Win7 HomePremium OEM to Windows 10 Home? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've got a legit install of Win7 HomePremium OEM. I want to in-place upgrade to a roughly equivalent version of Win10. I suspect that's Win10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pgmsca, Mar 13, 2019.

1. pgmsca Win User

which product for upgrade FROM Win7 HomePremium OEM to Windows 10 Home?

I've got a legit install of Win7 HomePremium OEM.

I want to in-place upgrade to a roughly equivalent version of Win10.

I suspect that's Win10 Home OEM or Upgrade/Retail.

I do *not* want to do a full/clean install -- I want to upgrade what I have. Ideally keeping as many settings/configs/app-installs/etc. as possible ...

What specific upgrade product do I need to buy? A link to a product in a store (Microsoft or otherwise) would be appreciated.

I've already contacted MS 'pre-sales' support. Repeatedly. Let's say it's been less than fruitful ...

:)

pgmsca, Mar 13, 2019

2. Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Mar 13, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Mar 13, 2019
  4. which product for upgrade FROM Win7 HomePremium OEM to Windows 10 Home?

Dennis Mop, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

which product for upgrade FROM Win7 HomePremium OEM to Windows 10 Home?

1. which product for upgrade FROM Win7 HomePremium OEM to Windows 10 Home? - Similar Threads - product upgrade Win7

2. Win 10 Pro OEM Product Key will not upgrade from Home when reinstalled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro OEM Product Key will not upgrade from Home when reinstalled: I have a laptop with a win 10 Pro OEM.The laptop has been rebuilt several times to provide a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro without any issues.I am no longer to able to do this, i now have to install Win 10 Home and then upgrade to Pro but this fails as the product key is...
  3. Win 10 Pro OEM Product Key will not upgrade from Home when reinstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro OEM Product Key will not upgrade from Home when reinstalled: I have a laptop with a win 10 Pro OEM.The laptop has been rebuilt several times to provide a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro without any issues.I am no longer to able to do this, i now have to install Win 10 Home and then upgrade to Pro but this fails as the product key is...
  4. Win 10 Pro OEM Product Key will not upgrade from Home when reinstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to upgrade from windows 10 home oem to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade from windows 10 home oem to pro: I just got a new laptop and I'm trying to upgrade from Home 2004 oem to Pro with a key. I woiuld prefer not to have to do a clean install as I just finished setting it up. I've tried the media creation tool it doesn't give me the option to upgrade. I've also tried...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM Product Key

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM Product Key: We purchased a new computer which included an OEM Product Key for Windows 10 Pro. Rather than install Windows and then copy all the data and apps from our old computer which had Windows 10 Home, we cloned the old hard-drive to the new PC. This means the new computer is...
  7. Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM: I currently have windows 7 professional OEM on a build. Is it possible to do a clean install on the system with with the same motherboard with new SSD? Or will I run into activation issues? submitted by /u/K3N5T3R [link] [comments]...
  8. $99 upgrade from windows 10 home (oem) to pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    $99 upgrade from windows 10 home (oem) to pro.: Hello all, I have been searching for the answer to this and have seen some mixed advice on the subject. I currently have Windows 10 home OEM installed and activated on my computer. I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 pro. Ideally I would like to get the retail version of...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows PRO

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows PRO: I have an OEM Windows 10 license tied to a virtual machine. The license was originally from an old Dell XPS laptop (which got the free upgrade from OEM Windows 7). Apparently the license is tied to my microsoft account, but I'm no longer able to transfer it to new machines...
  10. free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro

free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro: i have another laptop with pre-installed of win7 pro. its oem license and activated. i can download win10 media creation tools from microsoft website and installed it into that laptop and that win10 shows it is activated. my question is do i need to purchase license for win10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 home premium