Windows 10: Which protocol for accessing NAS in local network - Win10 HOME

Discus and support Which protocol for accessing NAS in local network - Win10 HOME in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i have after each WIN update problems with accessing my NAS - configured SMB it seems Microsoft is trying to disable SMB1 feature we have 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jože_K, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Jože_K Win User

Which protocol for accessing NAS in local network - Win10 HOME

Hello,

i have after each WIN update problems with accessing my NAS - configured SMB

it seems Microsoft is trying to disable SMB1 feature

we have 4 PCs & NB's with MS WIN 10 HOME, with MS Office, etc... and is anoying each time looking for solution to make it work again

so which protocol should i configure my NAS to be able to work with Windows future proof?

Also it should work with KODI app

I read about NFS, but Win HOME version does not support it

My Asustor AS 302T have this:

Network Protocols
    • CIFS / SMB, SMB 2.0 / 3.0, AFP, NFS, FTP (Unicode Supported), TFTP, WebDAV, Rsync, SSH, SFTP, iSCSI/IP-SAN, HTTP, HTTPS, Proxy, SNMP, Syslog

https://www.asustor.com/datasheet?p_id=16

PS: thanks in advance from Slovenia

:)

Jože_K, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Toemsel92 Win User

Can't access network drives after installing win10

After I installed win 10 (fresh installation) I am able to access my network drives. (NAS) But after I installed the drivers and reboot the system, the network drives are not available any more:

Which protocol for accessing NAS in local network - Win10 HOME 0d2f8bfa-ea40-47a4-997c-02cd6c9482d8.png

• NAS is in the network and powered on. I can still access it with other PCs
    • The IP Address is static
    • Worked with Win8.1 and with Win10 before I had to reboot
    Rebooting Router/Switch/PC and NAS didn't help...

Thanks in advance

Toemsel92, Sep 17, 2018
  3. astrakan Win User
    windows 10 loosing local network access

Hi,

Well, frequently, I'm unable to access folders on my laptop (or desktop from laptop).
    Then I run network troubleshooting and windows says me the same thing again: one or more network protocols are not installed and necessary for connectivity. Then I accept the correction and I can access my network until the next time it will fail and will say me the same thing. One day, perhaps 3 if I am lucky.
    IT'S MASSIVELY BORING !! *Smile Which protocol for accessing NAS in local network - Win10 HOME :)

Any clue ?

astrakan, Sep 17, 2018
  4. MrWhoopee Win User

MrWhoopee, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Which protocol for accessing NAS in local network - Win10 HOME - Similar Threads - protocol accessing NAS

2. windows 11 home not access nas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 home not access nas: windows 11 home not accessing nas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-home-not-access-nas/7a43b340-5352-4d5e-9010-314dd8c897c3
  3. windows 11 home not access nas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 home not access nas: windows 11 home not accessing nas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-home-not-access-nas/7a43b340-5352-4d5e-9010-314dd8c897c3
  4. Access Synology NAS on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Synology NAS on network: When attempting to access the folders and files on my Synology DS418play I'm confronted with "You do no have permission to access\\DS418Play Contact your administror to obtain permission."I've seen reference on the web to this predicament many times in an attempt to solve...
  5. Trying to access HDD from a NAS locally

Trying to access HDD from a NAS locally: my brother has a NAS and has forgotten the login details (duh) cant reset the device as he will lose his data therefore I have taken the HDD out and put it into a HDD caddy to connect locally to my laptop however as it was a NAS the disk is formatted in a certain format and...
  6. troubleshooting local network file access between win7 and win10

troubleshooting local network file access between win7 and win10: I think I have the discovery, encription, pwd off, c file system share settings on both, but the win10 system cannot see the win7 one, and the win7 one can see the win10 one, but says the access is not allowed. What can I check now? I will recheck the win10 c drive...
  7. Cannot access Win10 machine via local network

Cannot access Win10 machine via local network: I am 'birthing' my first Win10 machine, OS V1809, and must have goofed something up... All machines in my home belong to the same Workgroup and the users/passwords are consistent across all machines. From my Win7 desktop, I: Can access my Win10 machine, via Explorer, using...
  8. Win10 stopped listing home network machines through SMB2 protocol.

Win10 stopped listing home network machines through SMB2 protocol.: A week or two ago (around NewYear 2019) my Win10 based laptop stopped seeing local network machines using SMB2 protocol. Accessing shares by explicit machine names works fine. Before that I had no problems with listing active machine names. Nothing was changed from my side;...
  9. Network Protocols

Network Protocols: Problem trying to connect to internet on laptop, but all working as normal on desktop. Investigations revealed....one or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer, also Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing....this on both...
  10. Occasionally unable to see NAS drives in home network, Win10 64-bit

Occasionally unable to see NAS drives in home network, Win10 64-bit: Win 10 64-bit. Paired Drobo 5N2 NAS. These two units (synched with a master and slave) are attached through my home network. Every once in a while, the master unit will become undiscoverable in File Explorer. It remains "ping-able". The resolution of the problem is to reboot,...