Windows 10: Which services does Windows Hello camera login use? (10 1909)

Discus and support Which services does Windows Hello camera login use? (10 1909) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi! I like to turn off unused services on my laptop. I have a laptop that supports a Windows hello camera; when my services are on default settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ickam, May 10, 2020.

1. Ickam Win User

Which services does Windows Hello camera login use? (10 1909)

Hi! I like to turn off unused services on my laptop. I have a laptop that supports a Windows hello camera; when my services are on default settings this works, but when I turn a lot of them off, it doesn't work.
    Obviously, I turned on the biometric service (WbioSrvc) and RPC (RpcSs), but it seems to depend on something else. At this point, I don't even get an option to log in with PIN
    Would anyone have an idea

:)

Ickam, May 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 10, 2020
  3. MaxPower Win User
    Can other programs then Windows Hello access an external IR Camera?

I got two web cameras, one normal and another which has an IR camera build in for my Windows Hello sign in function. I can access my normal camera in various applications but I just don't see any app or other way to open up a viewfinder for the IR Camera except when you set it in Windows Hello.

I have put tape over every web camera (except the IR one) but I'm uncertain if it even is possible to spy on me through that IR camera? Anyone who knows a way to spy on me through it? Or does Windows somehow lock it for 3rd party apps after being connected to the Windows Hello login method?

I want to be able to just login without having to take away and reinstall the tape every time i login. It kind of defeats the purpose of having this ease of use login method to begin with.

Here is an similar camera to the one that I got right now:
    CSL Computer Hello DX1 HD webcam 1280 x 720 p Stand, Clip mount, Supports Windows Hello | Conrad.com

MaxPower, May 10, 2020
  4. Which services does Windows Hello camera login use? (10 1909)

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Which services does Windows Hello camera login use? (10 1909)

1. Which services does Windows Hello camera login use? (10 1909) - Similar Threads - services does Hello

2. hello does not recognise camera.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello does not recognise camera.: hello says camera not compatible on my dell xps 15 7590. dell says camera ok is w11 issue. checked driver etc. also have dell xps 17 which i be;leive has same camera and thats ok...
  3. hello does not recognise camera.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello does not recognise camera.: hello says camera not compatible on my dell xps 15 7590. dell says camera ok is w11 issue. checked driver etc. also have dell xps 17 which i be;leive has same camera and thats ok...
  4. Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?: Help! The Windows hello camera doesn't come on when I try to set it up. I have the latest build of Windows 11.*Moved from Windows insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-come-on-for-windows-hello/6eb12017-f8c8-4eaf-9fdf-08b8b680995c
  5. Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?: Help! The Windows hello camera doesn't come on when I try to set it up. I have the latest build of Windows 11.*Moved from Windows insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-come-on-for-windows-hello/6eb12017-f8c8-4eaf-9fdf-08b8b680995c
  6. How does the Windows Hello camera login works?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How does the Windows Hello camera login works?: So how does the Windows Hello Face Login works? When I setup the Windows Hello, I was thinking that when I sit down, the Camera should notice my face and log me in. Instead, I get a message that windows cannot turn on the camera. To login, I select my account and then press...
  7. Windows hello login does not work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello login does not work: Hi, We enabled the GPO "Windows hello for business". We were able to set up the PIN and fingerprint in the settings but when we try to login using the fingerprint and PIN its throws an error stating that "your credentials are not being verified". We use : HP elitebook...
  8. Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked: My Dell Precision has a built-in IR camera, which works great when the laptop isn't docked. I have a Logitech Brio 4k camera connected to my docking station. I cannot get Windows 10 to use the Brio when docked. It always defaults to the built-in IR camera even though the lid...
  9. Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked

in Windows 10 Support
    Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked: My Dell Precision has a built-in IR camera, which works great when the laptop isn't docked. I have a Logitech Brio 4k camera connected to my docking station. I cannot get Windows 10 to use the Brio when docked. It always defaults to the built-in IR camera even though the lid...
  10. Does Windows 10 support multiple Windows Hello cameras?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Does Windows 10 support multiple Windows Hello cameras?: Hello, I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2, which has a built-in IR camera and have it configured to use Windows Hello. It works great when I'm using my Surface Book as a laptop. I also have a Surface Dock with 2 monitors, keyboard and mouse setup. When I connect my Surface...