Windows 10: which settings do you need to change to make the "Press Esc for Startup Menu" stay...

Discus and support which settings do you need to change to make the "Press Esc for Startup Menu" stay... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey! Does anyone know which settings you need to change to make the "Press Esc for Startup Menu" stay on-screen longer? Even when I am spamming Escape,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZeroFollowers, Aug 2, 2020.

1. which settings do you need to change to make the "Press Esc for Startup Menu" stay...

Hey! Does anyone know which settings you need to change to make the "Press Esc for Startup Menu" stay on-screen longer? Even when I am spamming Escape, it usually goes by too fast. Sometimes it even feels like it is skipped completely!

I am using Windows 10 on an HP EliteBook 8470p.

:)

ZeroFollowers, Aug 2, 2020

2. How do I make Num Lock default to 'ON' at startup (& then stay on!)?

Hello. How do I make my Num Lock default to the 'ON' setting at startup? At the moment, it defaults to off, and I have to press the Num Lock key each time to turn it on. It was always on by default in Windows 7 previously.

I have tried changing the code in Regit to 2147483650, as suggested somewhere online, and also to 80000002 as suggested somewhere else! But neither ensure that Num Lock comes on automatically at startup and then stays on permanently, which I want it to
    do. (Not wishing to make things complicated, one of those numbers seemed to make it turn on at the Windows 10 Lock/Login page, but then turn off afterwards!)

I use the numeric keypad a lot, so any helpful assistance gratefully received.

Franniefanakapan, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    Numbered Menu does not appear in Advanced Startup

I'm probably reading the F/numbered menu part wrong but that suggests the prompt of pressing the F2, F12, Del or Esc key to enter BIOS Setup or Boot choices which appear after maker's logo appears and are not strictly a Windows issue. The BIOS loads followed by the OS/Operating System reading the settings in it so the OS knows what resources are available and sets the machine up as it needs. Sometimes a reboot won't show those while a full shutdown then startup will show them.

Berton, Aug 2, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

which settings do you need to change to make the "Press Esc for Startup Menu" stay...

How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

1. Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    2. Click to open the start menu
    3. Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

which settings do you need to change to make the "Press Esc for Startup Menu" stay...

1. which settings do you need to change to make the "Press Esc for Startup Menu" stay... - Similar Threads - settings need change

2. Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys: Every now and then when I play games on my PC, the esc key would tab out of the game and open the start menu and every other keys would become unresponsive ex: can't type, can't alt + f4 out of programs/games, etc.. When it happens, the problem persists until I reboot my PC....
  3. Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys: Every now and then when I play games on my PC, the esc key would tab out of the game and open the start menu and every other keys would become unresponsive ex: can't type, can't alt + f4 out of programs/games, etc.. When it happens, the problem persists until I reboot my PC....
  4. Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My pc asks to press ESC key for startup menu,but evening I press it,it doesn't open. What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc asks to press ESC key for startup menu,but evening I press it,it doesn't open. What...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-asks-to-press-esc-key-for-startup-menubut/be6b749e-3533-4f1a-a08d-7e2c7e331fab
  6. My pc asks to press ESC key for startup menu,but evening I press it,it doesn't open. What...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc asks to press ESC key for startup menu,but evening I press it,it doesn't open. What...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-asks-to-press-esc-key-for-startup-menubut/be6b749e-3533-4f1a-a08d-7e2c7e331fab
  7. UAC by passable by pressing ESC!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC by passable by pressing ESC!!: What's the purpose of having UAC enabled and limited access accounts if they can just hit ESC when installing software to bypass pin/password for admin account! Windows 10 home, latest build. I was able to install multiple software applications -- by hitting ESC. Run...
  8. Start menu opens when I press esc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu opens when I press esc: Hello, my name is Maks and I have a question my problem is, when I click esc opens start menu and I can't change sites on firefox and other weird things, I turned off sticky buttons That bug doing at random times and when I restart the computer everything works for 10 min/1,5...
  9. Program uninstalled stays in the startup menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program uninstalled stays in the startup menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WorkJason319 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eppkli/program_uninstalled_stays_in_the_startup_menu/
  10. At boot.. press esc to show startup message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    At boot.. press esc to show startup message: Hello I have windows 10 on a Compaq c762nr laptop and i just noticed something and was wondering if anybody could explain. During startup, when you see boot options, there is an option to hit esc to enable startup message. I've never messed with it before, but I clicked on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Disable press the ESC key for startup menu

2. press the esc key for startup menu