Windows 10: Which SMB is on my Network

Discus and support Which SMB is on my Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Well, trying to get more organized today. For the life of me I cannot find the website that had a command so that one could see a list of all computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AirPower4ever, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Which SMB is on my Network

Well, trying to get more organized today. For the life of me I cannot find the website that had a command so that one could see a list of all computers on the network and which SMB version they were using.

Does anyone know the command? I wanted to see and make sure that all my devices connected to my network were on SMB2/3 or 4. When I ran it I had some of my machines on including my newest FreeNAS v11 which the command listed it at running on 4.1. My Win 7 machine showed 2 and my Win10 1903 showed, if I recall 3. At that time I did not have all my machines on. Today, however, I have the family out of the house and it is a rare time where I can run everything, but not have them being used by someone.

I did not save the site (my bad, but in a rush to work) so if someone has the command it would be greatly appreciated. Again, it was a command in CMD that shows all connected devices and showed each devices SMB version. Thanks

:)

AirPower4ever, Jun 15, 2019

2. 0x800704cf when connecting to smb shares on home network.

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Are using Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Enterprise?

• Is your system connected to Domain network?

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Network Adapter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Update driver manually.

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Extend Network adapters driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Network driver and click on Update driver Software.

Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Donna Men Win User
    Network problem

Hi Bob,

There are a few reasons why this issue may occur, such as outdated driver, new settings or changes from current update. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to try all the troubleshooting steps on this
    link. If issue persists, try change Windows Features settings by following these steps:

• Open start menu, type "Windows Features."
    • Select Turn Windows Features On or Off.
    • Make sure that SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support feature is checked.
    • Restart PC.

Keep us updated with the result.

Donna Men, Jun 15, 2019
  4. emelsom Win User

Which SMB is on my Network

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Which SMB is on my Network

1. Which SMB is on my Network - Similar Threads - SMB Network

2. How the SMB network connection issues to be fixed in S2D 2 node cluster, Mellanox adapter...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How the SMB network connection issues to be fixed in S2D 2 node cluster, Mellanox adapter...: configured IP for 2 nic ports on each node and executed the cluster validation report was successful , Installed DCB and changed few DCB related settings for RDMA RocE v2 post configuring the cluster and enabling the S2D in 2 node, facing issue with SMB connections please...
  3. Bridged Networks and SMB on a NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bridged Networks and SMB on a NAS: I have a wireless connection to my router, and a wired ethernet connection to a Synology NAS. I want to bridge the two adapters, so that the NAS is visible for SMB shares on the local network and also has a route to the internet.I have been going round in circles and though...
  4. Bridged Networks and SMB on a NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bridged Networks and SMB on a NAS: I have a wireless connection to my router, and a wired ethernet connection to a Synology NAS. I want to bridge the two adapters, so that the NAS is visible for SMB shares on the local network and also has a route to the internet.I have been going round in circles and though...
  5. Would it be problem, if I go outside with mounted network drive of nas with smb or etc.. on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Would it be problem, if I go outside with mounted network drive of nas with smb or etc.. on...: Even if smb service doesn't work in outside, Though I'm concerning activated smb service with mounted, itself make such a problem in security, which provide ways to intrude to my window and nas.I've encountered many people who disconnect mounted netwrok drive to prevent...
  6. Would it be problem, if I go outside with mounted network drive of nas with smb or etc.. on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would it be problem, if I go outside with mounted network drive of nas with smb or etc.. on...: Even if smb service doesn't work in outside, Though I'm concerning activated smb service with mounted, itself make such a problem in security, which provide ways to intrude to my window and nas.I've encountered many people who disconnect mounted netwrok drive to prevent...
  7. Would it be problem, if I go outside with mounted network drive of nas with smb or etc.. on...

8. Wouldn't it be problem, if I go out with mounted network drive of nas with smb?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wouldn't it be problem, if I go out with mounted network drive of nas with smb?: Even if smb service doesn't work in outside, Though I'm concerning activated smb service with mounted, itself make such a problem in security, which provide ways to intrude to my window and nas.I've encountered many people who disconnect mounted netwrok drive to prevent...
  9. Wouldn't it be problem, if I go out with mounted network drive of nas with smb?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wouldn't it be problem, if I go out with mounted network drive of nas with smb?: Even if smb service doesn't work in outside, Though I'm concerning activated smb service with mounted, itself make such a problem in security, which provide ways to intrude to my window and nas.I've encountered many people who disconnect mounted netwrok drive to prevent...
  10. Wouldn't it be problem, if I go out with mounted network drive of nas with smb?