Windows 10: Which software for changing caps lock button

Discus and support Which software for changing caps lock button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My keyboard capslock died. I want to change it to F6. Can anyone recommend an easy software? 162292 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystvearn, Aug 10, 2020.

1. mystvearn Win User

Which software for changing caps lock button

My keyboard capslock died. I want to change it to F6. Can anyone recommend an easy software?

:)

mystvearn, Aug 10, 2020

2. Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Terrysutt Win User
    Caps Lock button

I`ve lost the sound notification when pressing the Cap Lock button,the light works ok,
    where do I look for the solution to enable the sound?

Terrysutt, Aug 10, 2020
  4. ttsoldier Win User

Windows 10 Caps Lock light

Strangely enough, since updating to 9879, the caps lock light on my keyboard does not work.

I know it may seem small but it is really annoying not knowing when caps is on or not. My keyboard is backlit and the keys light up fine but the light on the capslock key does not.

I'm dualing booting with Windows 8.1 and if I switch back to 8.1, the caps lock button light works fine, so I know the light it self is not the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

ttsoldier, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Which software for changing caps lock button - Similar Threads - software changing caps

2. Changing Caps Lock to Behave Like Shift Lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Caps Lock to Behave Like Shift Lock: Is there any way to change the behavior of caps lock on Windows 11 to behave like a shift lock key? To be more specific, I would like to be able to not only type capital letters LIKE THIS but also special characters !@{} by using the caps lock key. I am NOT asking about...
  3. Changing Caps Lock to Behave Like Shift Lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Caps Lock to Behave Like Shift Lock: Is there any way to change the behavior of caps lock on Windows 11 to behave like a shift lock key? To be more specific, I would like to be able to not only type capital letters LIKE THIS but also special characters !@{} by using the caps lock key. I am NOT asking about...
  4. Which software for changing caps lock button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which software for changing caps lock button: My keyboard capslock died. I want to change it to F6. Can anyone recommend an easy software? 162292
  5. CAP LOCK BUTTON DO NOT OFF

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CAP LOCK BUTTON DO NOT OFF: MY CAP LOCK BUTTON REFUSES TO OFF. ITS A MALFUNCTION. PLS WHAT DO I DO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cap-lock-button-do-not-off/ee69e721-fd67-4b81-8d63-29953eaf10d3
  6. Caps Lock button

in Windows 10 Support
    Caps Lock button: I`ve lost the sound notification when pressing the Cap Lock button,the light works ok, where do I look for the solution to enable the sound? 137638
  7. Caps lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps lock: Hi! My problem is that when i turn my caps lock on some letters are big some aren't , like this: HeLLO! I WaNT tO tALK AbOUT SoMeTHIng. i don't know why is like that and i don't know how to fix it....
  8. CAPS LOCK

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAPS LOCK: CAPSLOCK STUCK ON EVEN WHEN KEY SAYS IT IS DISABLED WHEN IN WORD DOCUMENT Able to use normal small case otherwise so not my key board. Any ideas? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock/243a3c52-5759-4e85-ae6a-086683d94bec
  9. My Caps lock button is not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Caps lock button is not working properly.: So there's a problem. My 2018 Microsoft Surface Laptop's caps lock is not working properly. When I press the button, the light turns on but no capitol letters show up. And then, randomly after, there is only caps letters, and when you hold down shift, it is lower case, but...
  10. Caps lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps lock: My new keyboard does not have an LED to indicate caps lock and nothing on the screen shows the status. How can I get a notification on the screen to show caps lock status? I don't have sound turned on because I don't want to disturb my disabled wife....