Windows 10: which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

Discus and support which software is best to play DVD on external drive? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by earl1812, Feb 22, 2024.

1. earl1812 Win User

which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you recommend?

:)

earl1812, Feb 22, 2024

2. Windows 10 and External DVD drive

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to open the device manager and check if the drive shows up in device manager.

Follow the steps given below:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open device manager.

3. Expand DVD/CD-Rom drives and check if the external DVD drive is listed.

4. If so, right click on it and uninstall it.

5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Feb 22, 2024
  3. External Drive won't play CD or DVD

Hello BarbJay

Do you try to test the external drive Philips CDRW/DVD SCB5265 in other pc??. It is a new the external drive?

Do you review if the external drive Philips is recognize in your computer device with no one issue, Is it all correct? if not

Try to install driver for the Philips CDRW/DVD SCB5265 or update the controler.

If the problems persist please try with different burn software.

Maybe is a problems with external device try to clean the lens or play a dvd cleaners.

Have a great day

Leinier Hidalgo, Feb 22, 2024
  4. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

How to play a DVD from an external Dell DVD player

My HP envy wil not play a dvd from an external Dell dvd player; Windaows 10? Any suggestions?

***Title modified from: How to play a dvd from an external Dell dvd player; Windaws 10? Any suggestions?***

JeffreyGrant2, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

1. which software is best to play DVD on external drive? - Similar Threads - software best play

2. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  3. External DVD player not Playing

External DVD player not Playing: I have a fairly new Laptop & have just bought an external DVD Player but I cannot get it to play.I have installed various DVD software including Microsoft Media Player even paying extra but still no joy. See photo of error message from this. It shows that the disc doesn't...
  4. Best DVD Software for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best DVD Software for Windows 10?: Hello everyone. First time I write in this sub. I would need to do the following question and hopefully you can help me with this. It turns out that I am looking for the best DVD recorder and editor for Windows 10, and I am between two programs: Wondershare DVD Creator or...
  5. DVD not playing from external drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD not playing from external drive?: The DVD has BUP VBP & IFO files none will open with Windows Media Player is the VLC safe to download? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing-from-external-drive/54eda131-d26e-4c87-a24b-b5102c998b02
  6. external dvd drive

external dvd drive: can't find my external drive to download softwear on this computer. it is plugged in by usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-drive/8881c714-98f4-43a2-82b9-704293bd6ad2
  7. External Drive won't play CD or DVD

External Drive won't play CD or DVD: I've installed an external drive Philips CDRW/DVD SCB5265 on my Lenovo Ideapad. It appears in devices, says to insert a disc, but it doesn't play. The device whirs for a bit, but nothing shows on the computer screen (other than the little blue circle) and I don't hear...
  8. External dvd drive

External dvd drive: I'm trying to connect a cocopa external dvd reader with no success. Any ideas why it's not connecting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/external-dvd-drive/89b08ee8-6e6d-4287-a820-3526daeb1b49
  9. Best software to burn video files to DVD

Best software to burn video files to DVD: Hey all, Windows 7 had a built in DVD maker that was very helpful in burning video (.avi?) files to DVD*, but the program is not supported in Windows 10. Burning the files straight to disk even from the media player app doesn't seem to allow the video to be played on...
  10. Best FREE MP4 to DVD Software?

Best FREE MP4 to DVD Software?: I saw that there were several packages that I have always used, like CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn. However, these will not work with MP4 files. So, is there any good FREE software out there I should get? I ask as I only use this once or twice a year at the most. Thank you all. OH,...