Windows 10: Which Speeds Up Windows 10? A Custom Paging File or No Paging File

Discus and support Which Speeds Up Windows 10? A Custom Paging File or No Paging File in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Some people say that using no paging file speeds up Windows 10, and some people say that using the custom paging file speeds up Windows 10. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DeriLoko3, May 22, 2021.

1. DeriLoko3 Win User

Which Speeds Up Windows 10? A Custom Paging File or No Paging File

Some people say that using no paging file speeds up Windows 10, and some people say that using the custom paging file speeds up Windows 10. This conflict drives me furious, so I think that it is up to you viewers to decide which method speeds up Windows 10.

:)

DeriLoko3, May 22, 2021
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, May 22, 2021
  3. Paging File

Go to the page file settings and select custom size. Make the initial size the same as the maximum size. Then your page file will never become fragmented in the first place.

Polaris573, May 22, 2021
  4. DeriLoko3 Win User

Some people say that using no paging file speeds up Windows 10, and some people say that using the custom paging file speeds up Windows 10. This conflict drives me furious, so I think that it is up to you viewers to decide which method speeds up Windows 10.

Which Speeds Up Windows 10? A Custom Paging File or No Paging File [​IMG]

DeriLoko3, May 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Which Speeds Up Windows 10? A Custom Paging File or No Paging File - Similar Threads - Speeds Custom Paging

2. Paging file issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paging file issue: Dear community,Everytime my computer starts, a "Performance Options" window is already open on the desktop, the "Advanced" tab is active. In "virtual memory", "no paging file" is set. The Paging File Size of C: is "none". If I set "system managed size" and "automatically set...
  3. Which Speeds Up Windows 10? A Custom Paging File or No Paging File

in Windows 10 Support
    Which Speeds Up Windows 10? A Custom Paging File or No Paging File: Some people say that using no paging file speeds up Windows 10, and some people say that using the custom paging file speeds up Windows 10. This conflict drives me furious, so I think that it is up to you viewers to decide which method speeds up Windows 10. 179706
  4. Paging Files/VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Paging Files/VM: Okay, so here I am playing my world of warship game and notice that sometimes my fps drops or the computers starts to slow things down on me. So I looked at my drive that the game is on (as I have 2 M.2 and 3 SSD) and notice that it's taking it over 2 ms to read or write. So...
  5. Page file increase or not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page file increase or not?: Hi there. I have a Lenovo ideapad D330. Specs: 64GB SSD, 4GB ram, Windows 10 pro, Intel Celeron N4000 1.10 Ghz x 2ALL SOLDERED EXCEPT FOR THE DRIVE i think It's running good no problems. I've just installed HDSDR to run my RTL.SDR dongle. My laptop has started to freeze now...
  6. Customize Home Page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Home Page: The option to customize home page has disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-home-page/757e8171-846b-4e60-801f-9bd46ab0b743
  7. Page File Query

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Page File Query: I only have 4 gigs memory. Dell says I can only upgrade to 6 gigs but Crucial says 2 banks of 4 gigs is okay. MS recommends my page file to be set at 1394 megs. I've read that 2 x memory total is a number to shoot at. That would be around 8 gig page file. Space is not a...
  8. Paging File

Paging File: Hi I am running windows 10 pro with 12GB of RAM. What is the best setting to use on the paging file to get the best proformance and how can I calculate it in case I increase the memory?...
  9. Problem with paging file.

Problem with paging file.: Hi, with some paging file settings, how can I maximize RAM or get rid of unnecessary services, can make Windows 10 run even faster. And how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-paging-file/0f75f49c-97b8-42b7-b798-fec968ca08f5
  10. Paging files or not?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Paging files or not?: Hi! I currently have a laptop with a PCIe SSD, 16GB RAM DDR4 and an HDD mainly for games and storage. In terms of paging I have system-managed size paging files for the SSD and for both partitions of the HDD. Would I experience any improvements in performance by not...