Windows 10: Which storage to create a bootable drive, a usb 2.0 flash drive or a microsd card?

Discus and support Which storage to create a bootable drive, a usb 2.0 flash drive or a microsd card? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; 8gb usb 3.0 drives cost $20 here in my country, but usb 2.0 and sdcards cost $5. Is it even viable to use them to restore Windows 10? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pridyider, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Which storage to create a bootable drive, a usb 2.0 flash drive or a microsd card?

8gb usb 3.0 drives cost $20 here in my country, but usb 2.0 and sdcards cost $5. Is it even viable to use them to restore Windows 10?

submitted by /u/Pridyider
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pridyider, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Chewy Win User

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jan 18, 2021
  4. forumlulz Win User

Which storage to create a bootable drive, a usb 2.0 flash drive or a microsd card?

How do I create a bootable flash drive?

Hey, I am looking for assistance with creating a bootable flash drive out of my 1GB Nano. I could really use some help. I have an old Dell Inspiron 1100 with no CDROM drive. I've Googled and have only found a few leads but they're not very good.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Create-an-XP-Bootable-USB-Flash-Drive&id=1484353
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Bootable-USB-Flash-Drives-and-How-to-Create-Them&id=1413135

I just want to do this low-level and dirty (if you will). The goal would be to place XP Pro (in order to install on the laptop) onto the drive along with Active@'s Password Recovery tool (both of which I have).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

forumlulz, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Which storage to create a bootable drive, a usb 2.0 flash drive or a microsd card?

1. Which storage to create a bootable drive, a usb 2.0 flash drive or a microsd card? - Similar Threads - storage create bootable

2. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a bootable flash drive: Hello beautiful people I'm creating a bootable thumb drive because I have 2 new computers and one is having issues. So going by the answers in these forums I have been unsuccessful fixing the issues and the next on the list from here was to do this . My question is How long...
  3. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a bootable flash drive: Hello beautiful people I'm creating a bootable thumb drive because I have 2 new computers and one is having issues. So going by the answers in these forums I have been unsuccessful fixing the issues and the next on the list from here was to do this . My question is How long...
  4. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart

Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart: Hi, Its great to see the addition of Option 4 (Diskpart method) in the Create Bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 10 Tutorial . Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 There's an extra command directly after the clean command, "convert mbr". Is this...
  6. Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart: Hi, Its great to see the addition of Option 4 (Diskpart method) in the Create Bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 10 Tutorial . Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 There's an extra command directly after the clean command, "convert mbr". Is this...
  7. Using Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive

Using Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive: Hi All, Ive decided to use Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive instead of using the Media Creation Tool to create the Windows 10 media. Im just going to use the Media Creation Tool to download the iso image and diskpart to prepare the flash drive. Are the following...
  8. Create both a USB Recovery drive & a bootable flash drive overkill?

in Windows 10 Support
    Create both a USB Recovery drive & a bootable flash drive overkill?: Is it overkill to create both a USB Recovery drive and a bootable flash drive to install Win10? HP 2000 laptop. Win10 Home (x64). 1.60 GHz AMD E-350. 320 GB HDD. 4/8 GB RAM I recently revitalized my friends HP 2000 laptop. Win10 Home (x64). 1.60 GHz AMD E-350. 4 GB RAM...
  9. Creating bootable USB 3.0 Flash Drive...

Creating bootable USB 3.0 Flash Drive...: I have followed instructions to create my own Windows 10 To Go flash drive. I have two suitable USB 3.0 flash drives: Corsair Voyager GTX and Super Talent RC4, both 128 GB versions. The Corsair Voyager GTX is not a certified Windows To Go drive, whereas the Super Talent...
  10. Format drive before creating a bootable USB flash drive?

Format drive before creating a bootable USB flash drive?: Hi, If your USB flash drive has data on it or maybe an earlier version of the Windows 10 installation media for example. Do you have to format the USB flash drive manually in windows (right click and format) before using the Windows Media Creation Tool to create the Windows...