Windows 10: Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

Discus and support Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My EFI is blown away. The rest of the disk is good. I have a thread going in 'general' but this is also relevant as it's kind of an upgrade you might... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dictum, Jan 4, 2019.

1. dictum Win User

Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

My EFI is blown away. The rest of the disk is good.
    I have a thread going in 'general' but this is also relevant as it's kind of an upgrade you might say.

I am overwhelmed by options.

There is diskpart, Macrium Reflect on the rescue disk, Bootrec.exe tool... what else.
    I am getting nervous running diskpart and rebuilding the EFI with it.

:)

dictum, Jan 4, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Disk Boot Failure, Attempting to restore EFI partition

I would highly recommend you do as @dalchina suggested and boot the computer from Kyhi's Recovery Tools and see what the diagnostic tools on his recovery tools can do to fix the drive - you need to look specifically at partition recovery programs. From the screenshots the only partition you have on the drive is the 450MB Windows 10 recovery partition at the very end of the drive. You need to do more than create an EFI partition or "Fix Windows boot problems", you need to recover the Windows partition, if possible.

NavyLCDR, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Disk Boot Failure, Attempting to restore EFI partition

So I've attempted the steps @dalchina suggested but it seems that Macrium Reflect can no longer "see" my Windows partition on my SSD drive. I am able to run Power Disk Recovery (should I be using something different?) and find what looks to be my Windows partition but I'm not sure if this is the best way to go about restoring my original boot partition - if indeed this is even advisable.

Is there a better way to rescue my old Win10 boot partition?

I'm also considering RMA'ing my SSD drive but would like to run a diagnostic on the drive itself first...

Is there a utility on Kyhi's Recovery Disk (HDDScan?) that will do this?

monikersupreme, Jan 4, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Can I delete one EFI partition?

You should be able to delete that middle EFI system partition. This is what I would do. Make a bootable USB flash drive or DVD of Kyhi's recover tools:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Boot the computer from it (to make sure it works, for one reason). Use Macrium Reflect Free to make an image backup of both the EFI System partitions. You can use AEOMI partition assistant on the same flash drive/DVD to delete the middle EFI system partition, then reboot the computer from the HDD/SSD. If it has a problem, boot back to Kyhi's recovery tools and restore the EFI system partition you deleted from the backup image and then attempt to delete the other EFI system partition from the HDD/SSD.

NavyLCDR, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk - Similar Threads - tool recover EFI

2. Recover deleted disk partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover deleted disk partitions: On January 28, with the assistance of MS team member I installed windows 10 using bootable USB on my home computer.The windows were not updating the disk partitions therefore, the advisor instructed me to deleted all partitions, which I did on his advice. Windows installed...
  3. Recover deleted disk partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover deleted disk partitions: On January 28, with the assistance of MS team member I installed windows 10 using bootable USB on my home computer.The windows were not updating the disk partitions therefore, the advisor instructed me to deleted all partitions, which I did on his advice. Windows installed...
  4. Recover deleted disk partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?

How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?: Hi i'm limon i need help, how to create recovery disk with efi partition?the reason i want this bc my computer is installed with non factory OS...
  6. Disk Partition EFI Management

Disk Partition EFI Management: DISK PARTITION INCLUDING EFI SYSTEM PARTITION AND RECOVERY DRIVE PARTITION. Earlier my File Explorer used to display C drive and D drive Recovery Drive which majorly contains only the recovery file. However, after a windows update a long time back, the D drive stopped...
  7. Recovering partitions using Kyhi's Rescue Disk Power Data Recovery too

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering partitions using Kyhi's Rescue Disk Power Data Recovery too: Two days ago my laptop would not boot up and I got an 0xC000 0098 error code. Using bootrec /buildBCD did not work, and bootrec reported that it found 0 windows partitions on the laptop, even though I multiboot that system between a "production" install and a "scratch-test"...
  8. Rescue Disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Rescue Disk: Hello, Does this place have any windows 10 rescue disk or on a usb stick? I want to have a windows 10 plus rescue disk hopefully something free Thanks, P999
  9. How to make an EFI Win10 boot instruction in EFI partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make an EFI Win10 boot instruction in EFI partition?: Hi all. There are hundreds of posts in these forums and on the internet about EFI and Windows 10 booting, but I can't seem to find a single one that describes how to boot Windows from an EFI partition. Short Background ------------------------ I have a 512GB SSD...
  10. Disk Boot Failure, Attempting to restore EFI partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Boot Failure, Attempting to restore EFI partition: Had a power loss and while I have my workstation on a battery backup I on impulse just killed the power to my PC instead of doing a proper shutdown. I had just completed a steam game installation at this point (Mafia III, not sure if this is relevant though). Long story...