Windows 10: Which tutorial guides me through non-destructive OS upgrade?

Discus and support Which tutorial guides me through non-destructive OS upgrade? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm forced to 'upgrade' to Windows 10 from a windows 7x64 Ultimate box (I love Windows 7, best OS they ever produced) but tax and accounting software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by obieephyhm, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Which tutorial guides me through non-destructive OS upgrade?

I'm forced to 'upgrade' to Windows 10 from a windows 7x64 Ultimate box (I love Windows 7, best OS they ever produced) but tax and accounting software has ceased to run so I'm taking my 'office' computer and want to move it on up the the bloated mess that windows 10 is BUT I want to do it so that I preserve my installed programs. I had my user profiles and appdata set up to be written to an HDD (non-system) since I only want the o.s. and programs on my SSD. However, I temporarily moved them back and made sure the %systemdrive% us pointed to correctly.

Is there a specific tutorial that will guide me through this, making sure that I don't lose anything more than I have to? I have searched but I'm not clear on which one is the best to follow in my particular case? Pointers, anyone?

:)

obieephyhm, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Kreij Win User

Guides and Tutorials

I was just pondering the idea of putting the guides and tutorials for each section under a sub-heading (like ATI and Nvidia are under graphics cards) called, oddly enough, "Guides and Tutorials".

That way they would be in a easily found place and not just stickies at the front of the section.

I also think it may prompt people to write more guides and tutorial, which I think would be very useful to most of the people who come to TPU.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Flames?

Kreij, Mar 22, 2021
  3. miahallen Win User
    miahallen, Mar 22, 2021
  4. a111087 Win User

Which tutorial guides me through non-destructive OS upgrade?

3d gamestudio

dark basic comes with built in help that includes a tutorial and all kinds of help to get you started and even offers a step by step guide to creating your first game

a111087, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Which tutorial guides me through non-destructive OS upgrade?

1. Which tutorial guides me through non-destructive OS upgrade? - Similar Threads - tutorial guides through

2. is there any video that guide me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there any video that guide me?: is there any video that guide me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-video-that-guide-me/953a3f5f-4f6d-4ba8-96c9-20b50aaa1465
  3. Which tutorial guides me through non-destructive OS upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which tutorial guides me through non-destructive OS upgrade?: I'm forced to 'upgrade' to Windows 10 from a windows 7x64 Ultimate box (I love Windows 7, best OS they ever produced) but tax and accounting software has ceased to run so I'm taking my 'office' computer and want to move it on up the the bloated mess that windows 10 is BUT I...
  4. Which OS Build is better for me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which OS Build is better for me?: started with 1903 to 1909 to 2004 to 2009 on 1903 it was working good when gaming on 1909 was much better on 2004 started crashing on some game on 2009 started with game crashing and even low FPS on some game but before i downgrade to an older version, did you guys faced the...
  5. NAS With Non-Destructive Write Directories (to foil ransomware)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS With Non-Destructive Write Directories (to foil ransomware): Are there any NAS devices for home use which support what I'll call non-destructive write directories? So if I set up such a directory and write file XYZ it is written but does not destroy earlier instances of XYZ. If I read XYZ I get the latest instance written. If I want an...
  6. Synology Guide / Tutorial to get Propper Speeds! in Windows 10 again!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Synology Guide / Tutorial to get Propper Speeds! in Windows 10 again!: Hello, i guess i should probably have posted my guide/tut in here? if so, please move my guide/tut :) Thx. Backstory... Okey so my Synology Nas died around 2017/07.. i did everything i could to get it up & runnin again. Nothing worked! So i accepted my dataloss and the...
  7. Synology Guide / Tutorial to get Propper Speeds! in Windows 10 again!

in Windows 10 Support
    Synology Guide / Tutorial to get Propper Speeds! in Windows 10 again!: Hello, i guess i should probably have posted my guide/tut in here? if so, please move my guide/tut :) Thx. Backstory... Okey so my Synology Nas died around 2017/07.. i did everything i could to get it up & runnin again. Nothing worked! So i accepted my dataloss and the...
  8. Increase space on NAS drives (non destructive)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Increase space on NAS drives (non destructive): Hi folks I know a load of people on these forums use some sort of LINUX on NAS systems whether dedicated or "home built" for file sharing / media serving. A very common file system used these days is on those systems EXT4. Typically this reserves between 5% and 10% for...
  9. Complex Setup Upgrade Guide

Complex Setup Upgrade Guide: Hello, TL;DR version at the bottom I've been trying to update my Vaio Netbook from Windows 7 to 10, unfortunately with no luck up until now. I will explain in a few steps and hopefully someone else will find this useful as well: First of all my setup. A bit complex,...
  10. non-destructive downgrade to windows 8.1 from disk

non-destructive downgrade to windows 8.1 from disk: Windows 10 is completely broken now. It won't even start. It started with Cortana and my start menu not working, then I couldn't access store, or make a new account. I tried checking the disk but no problems. I downloaded classic shell to get a working start menu, but I...