Windows 10: Which type of Restore for wounded PC?

Discus and support Which type of Restore for wounded PC? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My Win 10 Insider system is analogous to a soldier shot in the leg: It cripples on, but it is not at fighting strength. I lost and restored my c: drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Kupuna, May 5, 2016.

1. Kupuna Win User

Which type of Restore for wounded PC?

My Win 10 Insider system is analogous to a soldier shot in the leg: It cripples on, but it is not at fighting strength. I lost and restored my c: drive boot sector, Insider updates won't load, my logon presents duplicate accounts, System File Checker won't run to completion and more, almost all the problems are OS related......woe is me (or my PC)!
    I know there are several ways to restore the system, but one of my crashes took out my pre-insider backups. I believe the System backups I have probably include the problems I'm fighting with.
    I have hope: There is a clean 120GB SSD, available, and plenty of storage on other drives.
    What I fear is that a clean OS install will be "unlinked" from my other important files and apps. I know they won't be deleted, but will I be able to mate them with the new OS? Could I put the OS (only) on the SSD and still communicate with the files on the old C: ?
    How would you repair my installation? What version of Win 10 should I reinstall? Thanks for contributing to this discussion. I really don't know the best way to proceed right now.

:)

Kupuna, May 5, 2016

2. Automatic repair

I meant to say that we wound up using system restore and it fixed the problem for now

NatalieRobins, May 5, 2016
  3. farby Win User
    which type of attachments can i open from Mail for Exchange in Nokia E 7.

As per the specifications..

Email and messaging

• Easy-to-use email client with attachment support for e.g. images, videos, music and documents .doc, .xls, .ppt, .pdf, .zip

farby, May 5, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Install only the SSD, leave all other hard drives disconnected. Boot the computer from a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD created with either the Media Creation Tool or from Microsoft Tech Bench. Do a clean install of Windows 10 to the blank SSD.

Once you have Windows reinstalled on the SSD, then reconnect your other hard drives. Make sure BIOS stays set to boot from the SSD.

If you don't like those results, you haven't wasted anything but time. Erase the SSD and you are back to where you started.

NavyLCDR, May 6, 2016
  5. Kupuna Win User
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Kupuna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Which type of Restore for wounded PC? - Similar Threads - type Restore wounded

2. Is there an AM3 type CPU which is compatible with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an AM3 type CPU which is compatible with Windows 11: Is there an AM3 type CPU which is compatible with Windows 1, I cannot find a single one listed anywhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-an-am3-type-cpu-which-is-compatible-with/1322f294-b819-46a9-84c3-4bd81dcf28fe
  3. System Restore Point Types

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Point Types: I notice that there are many types of restore points in the System Recovery system. I have not seen a documented comprehensive list of restore point types and what they actually mean. What are their significance?Here are the different variations I have...
  4. I'm using a type-C ANC earphones with my PC but not sure which is best.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm using a type-C ANC earphones with my PC but not sure which is best.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/namesdemi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwei8p/im_using_a_typec_anc_earphones_with_my_pc_but_not/
  5. restoring my window which i rest it

restoring my window which i rest it: My question: How do I restore my computer to the way it was before this update was automatically installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-my-window-which-i-rest-it/2b68edc3-b059-4f6f-ab6f-ce9e0f3a6ebf
  6. Which Windows backup type contains only the system files needed to install/restore

Which Windows backup type contains only the system files needed to install/restore: Which Windows backup type contains only the system files needed to install/restore Windows to a computer without a functioning OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup/3cbd7911-e1e0-4bd0-898c-f83fe60475dc
  7. Type of pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Type of pc: I would like a Desktop pc not a laptop, do you still get desktop pc's ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-of-pc/069efe62-03ae-4e13-8d48-322cf264978e
  8. which file types to exclude from AV scans?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    which file types to exclude from AV scans?: I use NIS (free with Comcast). I have several TB of total files on my system and I would like to exclude file types can can be excluded safely. As an example, I do a lot of photography, so I want to exclude NEF (RAW file created by Nikon cameras) and PSD (file type created...
  9. Which type of updates will be installed automatically

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which type of updates will be installed automatically: There are 3 typesof Windows Updates, Important, Recommended and Optional, Which of these 3 types of updates will be downloaded and installed automatically? 16571
  10. Onenote wound not start after updated

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Onenote wound not start after updated: My Samsung Tablet was set to updated automatically. Last a couple of days, it did that and OneNote no longer work. Nothing happens at all after I click on the program icon. Try uninstalling through Powershell and reinstalling it, but no luck. Anyone please help. My system...