Windows 10: Which User Account Folders can I Delete?

Discus and support Which User Account Folders can I Delete? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to clean my laptop. I go into the "User" folder, and see all these user account folders. Because I am the only user on this laptop (admin),... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by chris426, Mar 4, 2016.

1. chris426 Win User

Which User Account Folders can I Delete?

I want to clean my laptop. I go into the "User" folder, and see all these user account folders. Because I am the only user on this laptop (admin), which folders can I delete? I am using the user "Chris" right now.

Administrator
    Chris (I use this one)
    Default (hidden)
    Default.migrated
    Public
    TEMP
    TEMP.CHRIS
    TEMP.CHRIS.000
    TEMP.CHRIS.001
    TEMP.CHRIS.002

:)

chris426, Mar 4, 2016

2. Apps Open but closes immediately

Thank you for the update, David. User profile can become corrupted because of a lot of things. One of which is when an upgrade took place. Can you recall any changes you made on the PC prior to the issue?

To transfer your files from the old account to the new one, log in using your old user account and go to your account folder. Keeping your old user account folder open, open a new File Explorer window and go to your new user account folder. You can easily
    find it by typing C:\Users. Return to the old user account folder, copy all files and folders, then paste them in the new user account folder.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Shaaddi Win User
    This PC documents, downloads, music, pictures, videos (all folders)

I have also done another attempt to understand what is going on; I copied some file into Pictures which is under "This PC" then checked subfolders of c:\users\.. It turns out the pictures are under a folder c:\users\user.Desktop-F9CQNN3 of a user account
    which I did not create called user.Desktop-F9CQNN3! This user account does not show under the control panel.

This means when I am logged in under the account "user" the pc does not realize it and instead uses user.Desktop-F9CQNN3!

I think the problem can be solved if documents point to the right user folder since it currently points to windows created user folder! I wish to clean my new pc so it contains only users' folders of users I created!

Shaaddi, Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

Which User Account Folders can I Delete?

1. Which User Account Folders can I Delete? - Similar Threads - User Account Folders

2. How can I manage user folders that are left when windows accounts are deleted and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I manage user folders that are left when windows accounts are deleted and...: I created a new windows user and deleted my other users but 2 user file folders are still there and have data. When I try to delete the folders I get a message that says that I need permission from some unknow user that starts with S-1-5-21-12.... When I go into the security...
  3. How can I manage user folders that are left when windows accounts are deleted and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I manage user folders that are left when windows accounts are deleted and...: I created a new windows user and deleted my other users but 2 user file folders are still there and have data. When I try to delete the folders I get a message that says that I need permission from some unknow user that starts with S-1-5-21-12.... When I go into the security...
  4. Is it ok to delete the administrator user folder if the account is deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it ok to delete the administrator user folder if the account is deleted: I had two administrator accounts once and i deleted one of them but when i went into my user folder the administartor user folder the account i deleted was still there and i'm not sure to delete it or not. all I need is a yes or no....
  5. Is it ok to delete the administrator user folder if the account is deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it ok to delete the administrator user folder if the account is deleted: I had two administrator accounts once and i deleted one of them but when i went into my user folder the administartor user folder the account i deleted was still there and i'm not sure to delete it or not. all I need is a yes or no....
  6. Is it ok to delete the administrator user folder if the account is deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can I delete unused user folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I delete unused user folders?: I have four user accounts on my Windows 10 desktop PC; mine, Administrator, Default and Public. As I am short of space on the C: drive I would like to safely remove the 'Default' and 'Public'. Can I simply delete these two folders without affecting the operation of my PC?...
  8. which folder can be deleted in c drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    which folder can be deleted in c drive: hi in my c drive their are three program files folders 1. program files {4,050 Files, 640 Folders, 1.57GB} 2. program files x86 {15,705 Files, 3,370 Folders, 4.43GB} 3. program data hidden folder {2,360 Files, 488 Folders, 1.41GB} pls let me know which folder i can...
  9. user accounts - can I delete a user account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user accounts - can I delete a user account?: can I delete a user account in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-accounts-can-i-delete-a-user-account/915ac1a1-46cd-42f4-bdcd-e917405b8ae9"
  10. Deleting a virtual user account....which created by netplwiz.exe

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleting a virtual user account....which created by netplwiz.exe: Hello, This is my first post to this forum. While trying to avoid typing passwords into my new computer - (run - netplwiz.exe and then clicking the box user must create...) , I did something wrong --- I am not sure what I did, but it looks like I have added some kind of...