Windows 10: Which version do i have, and why does it indicate test mode

Discus and support Which version do i have, and why does it indicate test mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just deferred feature updates for 30 days so I could upgrade from 1903 to 1909, which is what I did. the Hwinfo tool says i am currently running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kitpzyxmsir, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Which version do i have, and why does it indicate test mode

I just deferred feature updates for 30 days so I could upgrade from 1903 to 1909, which is what I did.

the Hwinfo tool says i am currently running Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 18363.900 (1909/November 2019 Update)

with Winaero Tweaker, I put the Windows version on my desktop. It says Windows 10 pro build 18362-19h1_release 190318-1202. Is this 1903? And whats with the "test mode. How did that happen?

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Jun 27, 2020

2. Test Mode Watermark Windows 10

Hi Lee,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Which operating system are you using?
    • When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    The test mode message indicates that the test signing mode of the operating system is started on the computer. The test signing mode may start if an installed program is in a test phase because it uses drivers that are not digitally signed by Microsoft.
    Microsoft added test mode to Windows so that users can test programs without having to provide an authentication certificate.

Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy or type the command below and then hit Enter:

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    Test Sign mode

Hi Koutz,

The test mode message indicates that the test signing mode of the operating system is started on the computer. The test signing mode may start if an installed program is in a test phase because it uses drivers that are not digitally signed by Microsoft.

I'd like to know some details of the concern to help provide the appropriate resolution. Kindly answer the following question below:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you running?
    • Is BitLocker enabled on your computer?
    For you to disable the test mode, you will need to run it as an administrator. To do this:

• Search cmd on the taskbar then right-click on
      Command Prompt
      then select Run as administrator.
      If you are prompted by a User Account Control window, tap or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type the following command, and then press Enter:bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF
    • After you see the confirmation, close the Command Prompt window.
    • Save any unsaved work, and then restart the computer.

If it still wouldn't disable the test mode, I suggest that you enable the built-in administrator account so you can disable this feature. Please note that you will be using this solely for troubleshooting purposes only. I do recommend disabling this after
    the troubleshooting to avoid messing up your computer's functionality.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar, right-click Command Prompt, and then click
      Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes, and then press Enter.
    • Type net user administrator <Password>, and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter.
    • Log off the current user account.
    • Log back in with the admin account then disable the test mode by following the steps above or you can refer to this
      link.

To disable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar, right-click
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:no, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter.
    • Log off the current user account.
    Update us with the results.

Marie Ave, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Which version do i have, and why does it indicate test mode

Why do I have a battery indicator?

Hi,

Thank you for replying back with the status of this issue.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check whether the power icon have grayed out in settings.

• Type settings in the search bar and press enter

• Click on System

• Select Notification and action

• Click on Turn system icon on or off
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Which version do i have, and why does it indicate test mode

1. Which version do i have, and why does it indicate test mode - Similar Threads - version why does

2. Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my pc indicate i have 2 monitors, when I only have one?: After i reinstalled the graphics driver my pc was behaving as if i had two monitors, also in display adapter. the annoying part is that i cannot set the resolution to the max anymore for some reason. please someone suggest what to do that doesn't require reinstalling graphics...
  3. Which Retail Windows version do i have

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which Retail Windows version do i have: So update to this posthttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-discover-is-windows-activation-cracked-or/37c35f53-9aa6-4074-a636-353fd6c302b1Why does this pc have 2 keys installed to them { Windows 10 Retail and Windows 8 OEM }when i type wmic path...
  4. Which Retail Windows version do i have

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which Retail Windows version do i have: So update to this posthttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-discover-is-windows-activation-cracked-or/37c35f53-9aa6-4074-a636-353fd6c302b1Why does this pc have 2 keys installed to them { Windows 10 Retail and Windows 8 OEM }when i type wmic path...
  5. Which Retail Windows version do i have

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Which version do I need?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which version do I need?: Hi all, Building a new PC, and PCPartpicker is showing me 2 different versions of Win10 Home 64bit. What is the difference between part# kw9-00139 vs kw9-00140 ?? One is $70 more expensive than the other? Of course if you can point me to a cheaper source... Thanks...
  7. Which version SHOULD I have?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which version SHOULD I have?: I have Windows 10 Pro version 2004. As yet, I have not been offered the 20H2 update, but I have on my other PC which is version 1909. Firstly, should I manually update 2004 to 20H2, or wait to see if it appears in updates? Secondly, the update failed on my other PC so shall I...
  8. Which version of Excel do I have?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which version of Excel do I have?: Hi everyone, I have an Excel exam tomorrow, and I was told I must have Excel 2016 on my computer. How do I know whether my excel version is 2016? When I go to File and then Account, it tells me I am subscribed to Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise. Does this mean I have Excel...
  9. Which version of laptop do I have?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which version of laptop do I have?: I purchased a GT76 Titan DT-230 from xotic pc. The laptop is great but I’ve been having some type of confusion on what drivers to download. I found the product page for the DT-230 and downloaded the drivers. When I ran a few benchmarks and looked at my detailed hardware...
  10. Compatibility mode test does nothing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Compatibility mode test does nothing: I have a brand new laptop with Windows 10 as I cannot update mine from windows 7 and i am hating it already! The layout is for children, random apps appear out of nowhere that are impossible to uninstall no option on right click, not showing in the list of apps or in...