Windows 10: Which version do I need?

Discus and support Which version do I need? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, Building a new PC, and PCPartpicker is showing me 2 different versions of Win10 Home 64bit. What is the difference between part# kw9-00139 vs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/malfini, Nov 22, 2020 at 2:17 AM.

1. Which version do I need?

Hi all,

Building a new PC, and PCPartpicker is showing me 2 different versions of Win10 Home 64bit.

What is the difference between part# kw9-00139 vs kw9-00140 ?? One is $70 more expensive than the other?

Of course if you can point me to a cheaper source... Thanks

submitted by /u/malfini
    [link] [comments]

:)

2. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

3. What kind of quad.

I suspect you are at "the edge" of the power rating for the mainboard. Perhaps Q6600 wasnt listed due to TWO versions, C3 stepping at 105W and G0 stepping at 95W. Furthermore, if you OC the G0 Q6600 then it will use more than 95W. Since Q9300 is on a 1333 buss, then perhaps the BIOS doesnt give you scope to OC it, keeping it well withing the 95W envelope.

My suggestion is, if the mainboard is important to you and you dont want to blow the power regulators or caps, to NOT OC the Q6600. Take the thing out of design spec (by OC'ing it) and you may very well rapidly reduce the half-life of your board.

Also, as erocker suggests, there are 65W quads out now. I think those are better suited to this mainboard.

Good luck.

lemonadesoda, Nov 22, 2020 at 2:22 AM
  4. groze Win User

Which version do I need?

Build 10240 - Any expiry on ACTIVATED versions??

I was going to do that for my benefit because of the way I have my partitions setup and to be legal with the EULA that isn't a step by step instruction. Right now I am waiting to see if build 10240 is actually the release build and yes I know at lot of people don't believe 10240 is the release version. I still may need to do that if build 10240 is not the release version.

Thema:

Which version do I need?

1. Which version do I need? - Similar Threads - version need

2. Do I need to update my SATA AHCI driver to Intel's version of the driver when I upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I need to update my SATA AHCI driver to Intel's version of the driver when I upgrade to...: I've just recently upgraded my laptop HDD to an SSD and clone the HDD contents to the new SSD. Do you think that I need to update my AHCI driver to Intel's AHCI driver or use the Standard SATA AHCI Controller Driver instead?...
  3. Is new Windows 10 iso needed for each new version install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is new Windows 10 iso needed for each new version install?: I want to verify whether or not my understanding is correct. My current version is 2004. Newest pending version is October 2020 Update, version 20H2. After version 20H2 is installed I need to create a new bootable recovery flash drive. The new recovery drive must have...
  4. Is new Windows 10 iso needed for each new version install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is new Windows 10 iso needed for each new version install?: I want to verify whether or not my understanding is correct. My current version is 2004. Newest pending version is October 2020 Update, version 20H2. After version 20H2 is installed I need to create a new bootable recovery flash drive. The new recovery drive must have...
  5. What is the amount of mb needed to uprade to windows 10 version 10240 to version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the amount of mb needed to uprade to windows 10 version 10240 to version 20H2: I have a Windows 10 version 10240 pc and i want to upgrade it to version 20H2 but i don't know how many mb to have in order to download it. Can you tell me?...
  6. Windows 10 Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041, BSOD!! need help finding issue!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041, BSOD!! need help finding issue!: Hello, I've ran into 2 BSOD's in the last 2 months or so on a new desktop that was installed with windows 10 about 4 months ago. I've uploaded the dump files to here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au83AGpJclImhT2Vvxn3JYu9giKc?e=KcHoBa...
  7. Will I need to find my activation Key when doing windows10 rollback to version 1909?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will I need to find my activation Key when doing windows10 rollback to version 1909?: Need my audio software to run optimally and since I've gone to 2004 everything is just mad glitchy... It's been over 10days and so I thought I'd might as well go back to 1909 the thing is I'm not sure where to find my key BUT Google searches say I don't need it??? I'm just...
  8. Computers running various old versions of Windows show in WSUS as not needing any updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computers running various old versions of Windows show in WSUS as not needing any updates: Hi All, I have a problem with about 7 / 8 PC's on our network that report in to our WSUS server claiming to be 100% up to date with updates etc. On closer inspection most of these PC's are running Windows 10 version 1709. Having run an SLMGR /DLI on one of them I can see...
  9. Need to remove all versions of OneDrive.exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to remove all versions of OneDrive.exe: We're failing a software audit due to all of the old versions of One Drive installed in Windows 10. OneDrive.exe is located in the user profile, and if a user no longer has the PC and someone else is using it, the onedrive.exe file left under the old user profile doesn't ever...
  10. Need to rmove all versions of OneDrive.exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to rmove all versions of OneDrive.exe: We're failing a software audit due to all of the old versions of One Drive installed in Windows 10. OneDrive.exe is located in the user profile, and if a user no longer has the PC and someone else is using it, the onedrive.exe file left under the old user profile doesn't ever...