Windows 10: Which version does a Windows 10 Reset install?

Discus and support Which version does a Windows 10 Reset install? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I reset my windows 10 laptop, it's supposed to reinstall windows from the recovery partition, which contains the windows version that came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by F.S77, Feb 10, 2019.

1. F.S77 Win User

Which version does a Windows 10 Reset install?

When I reset my windows 10 laptop, it's supposed to reinstall windows from the recovery partition, which contains the windows version that came with the pc, right?

However, I performed a reset today and noticed it installed a newer version, not the one that shipped with the pc (old version from 2016).

Why is this happening?

I had sent my Pc for repairs under warranty a couple months ago, could they have changed the recovery partition?

I also noticed a bunch of apps installed on its own after the reset (Plex, Phototastic Collage, ACG Player, Xsplit Gamecaster), apps that DID NOT ship with the pc when i first bought it and that I never installed myself.

:)

F.S77, Feb 10, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Which version does a Windows 10 Reset install? - Similar Threads - version does Reset

2. Which Enterprise version to install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which Enterprise version to install?: Hi all! I'm a Visual Studio subscriber, and I'm planning on installing one of the Enterprise versions. I was considering installing the LTSC 2019 version, but hesitated due to its several limitations on software and hardware. Which enterprise version should I install instead...
  3. Question about "Reset this PC" for Windows 10. Which version would it reset to....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about "Reset this PC" for Windows 10. Which version would it reset to....: Let's say I purchased my PC, with Windows 10 version 1703 installed, plus a few OEM drivers and OEM application. Over the years, I've Windows Updates, and now I'm on Windows 10 version 1909. Now, what if I now use the "Reset this PC" button. Settings->Update &...
  4. choosing which version of Windows 10 to install

choosing which version of Windows 10 to install: I can't seem to choose which version of Windows I am installing in my laptop. Instead of asking me which version to install, it directs me to the question of which files to keep. At that point, it has already been decidednot by me that the windows that would be installed...
  5. If I do a fresh reset on Windows 10 which version of Windows is used?

If I do a fresh reset on Windows 10 which version of Windows is used?: Is it the original that I installed or the most recent one it updated too? If it is the first one I might just do a fresh install. 142354
  6. Confused as to which version of Win10 to install...

in Windows 10 News
    Confused as to which version of Win10 to install...: With all the problems and controversy surrounding Build 1809 recently, and with so many different updates being released rather willy-nilly, and finally, with me recovering from a recent stroke and not having an overabundance of high-grade gray matter available to "suss it...
  7. Which version of Windows 10 is best for...

Which version of Windows 10 is best for...: Okay, I'm building a new computer. The motherboard requires Windows 10 64-bit so I can't install a Windows 7. I've looked in many places but cannot find any information more recent than about three updates ago so I've come here to ask... First, I have a very dim view of...
  8. Windows 10 Which Version?.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Which Version?.: I have just finished a complete reformat of my daughters HP Pavilion g6 notebook PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Apart from a couple of solved hiccups it all went well although very time consuming. I am unsure however on where to find which version it is updated to. When I...
  9. Which version does Bill Gates use???

in Windows 10 Support
    Which version does Bill Gates use???: I have often wondered, which OS do the big guys use? Let's say Bill Gates his era was the start to Windows 7, so has he upgraded to 8, 8.1 or 10, or does he use what he helped design? Let's say Paul Allen his era was early on perhaps he is still using Windows 95 or 98...
  10. Which version of 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Which version of 10: Now I have been running 7 Home on my machines for years now and a couple with Pro now I am preparing for a new build and well the price difference for 10 is quite staggering $135 for Home and $209 for Pro and from a Google and from what I saw Pro is really for business use -...