Windows 10: Which version of Java should i install to run minecraft 1.8.9?

Discus and support Which version of Java should i install to run minecraft 1.8.9? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, i have a Minecraft 1.8.9 client that is required by a server, i already reported a bug to them that it keeps crashing with the latest version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SandyPlayz86, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Which version of Java should i install to run minecraft 1.8.9?

Hi, i have a Minecraft 1.8.9 client that is required by a server, i already reported a bug to them that it keeps crashing with the latest version of java. So, what version of java should i install?

P.s, they told me that i should install another version, but they never told me which one, they then closed the bug report as "Resolved"

:)

SandyPlayz86, Jan 8, 2021

2. Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

Hi Debalena,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you want to swap your editions of Minecraft that you have purchased, please
    Contact Mojang Support and they will help you with this.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

As you need the Java Edition of Minecraft, you can follow the steps mentioned in
    How do I install Minecraft: Java Edition? and install
    the Java Edition of Minecraft on your computer.

Before purchasing the Java Edition of Minecraft, I suggest you to refer the system requirements for installing the Java Edition of Minecraft from
    Minecraft: Java Edition system requirements.

For reference, you may also refer the Different Minecraft Editions
    to know more about the different versions of Minecraft.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 8, 2021
  3. hiphopper Win User
    Java usage to high while playing minecraft/related

We have some confusion going on here.

First of all, the PC edition of Minecraft always used Java, and you will see it using CPU when you run Minecraft. This is normal, and I'm not sure why this is causing the OP to be concerned.

There is a new (Beta) version of "Minecraft for Windows 10" available in the Windows Store. Apparently Mojang converted the code from Java to C++ to run natively under Windows. When this version is running, there should be no Java running. This is not the same thing as the Minecraft PC (or Mac) edition.

If you are running "Minecraft for Windows 10" and you see Java running, it is another application on your system that is using Java. A completely different issue entirely. There are a number of desktop apps that use Java. Crashplan is one example.

hiphopper, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Which version of Java should i install to run minecraft 1.8.9?

Minecraft FTB (Legacy Launcher)/ATLauncher java problems (no java?)

I have the java runtime (10.0.2 x64) installed on my computer, and decided to try my hands at a minecraft modpack with the legacy ftb launcher; problem is, the launcher does not detect java running on my computer, even though the latest JRE IS installed. I tested this out with the ATLauncher, and it too says "no java, download it"

Went on the ftb discord channel, and one user said "most of all mods need java 8 to work, java 10 won't be posibile for a long while". So problem solved, I guess

BrokenDaily, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Which version of Java should i install to run minecraft 1.8.9?

1. Which version of Java should i install to run minecraft 1.8.9? - Similar Threads - version Java should

2. I have 1 exit errors in minecraft java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 1 exit errors in minecraft java: I have 1 exit errors in minecraft java https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-1-exit-errors-in-minecraft-java/4d1b223f-d964-4413-a478-b8311d431dce
  3. I have 1 exit errors in minecraft java

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 1 exit errors in minecraft java: I have 1 exit errors in minecraft java https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-1-exit-errors-in-minecraft-java/4d1b223f-d964-4413-a478-b8311d431dce
  4. I can't install another minecraft versions ,like 1.18, on minecraft java launcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install another minecraft versions ,like 1.18, on minecraft java launcher: i don't know what hapen but i cant play minecraft java because i cant install another minecraft version on the minecraft launcher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-another-minecraft-versions-like-118/b9dcf3f3-73cf-429c-bd3e-d92332d74947
  5. I can't install another minecraft versions ,like 1.18, on minecraft java launcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't install another minecraft versions ,like 1.18, on minecraft java launcher: i don't know what hapen but i cant play minecraft java because i cant install another minecraft version on the minecraft launcher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-another-minecraft-versions-like-118/b9dcf3f3-73cf-429c-bd3e-d92332d74947
  6. Which OS version should I install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which OS version should I install?: My dad asked me to help fix up his old laptop, a Thinkpad SL400. It has been upgraded to an SSD and 4GB of RAM. However, the cpu is still the same (core 2 duo). He will be using the laptop for browsing, office apps, and zoom calls. What edition of Windows 10 should I...
  7. bought a JAVA Minecraft version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bought a JAVA Minecraft version: Hello everyone, I hope there is an explanation in Hebrew here.I bought a JAVA Minecraft versionI received an email invoice with a download link.When I enter the link he asks if I want to buy.Do not understand how to start playing...
  8. Which version SHOULD I have?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which version SHOULD I have?: I have Windows 10 Pro version 2004. As yet, I have not been offered the 20H2 update, but I have on my other PC which is version 1909. Firstly, should I manually update 2004 to 20H2, or wait to see if it appears in updates? Secondly, the update failed on my other PC so shall I...
  9. Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8: I wanted to play some classic minecraft and started it, but I always got an error that says that "it couldnt find javaw.exe". The file was there and I manually tried to fix it but it didnt matter what I did, I still got the same error. Half a year ago I tried to install...
  10. Unable to install Minecraft Java version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Minecraft Java version: I bought minecraft java and when i tried to download windows 10 eddtion and it took me to the store and i had to buy it to play the full version Modified title from: ***why***...