Windows 10: Which version of Office 2019 should I upgrade to not to for this ?

Discus and support Which version of Office 2019 should I upgrade to not to for this ? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have had few tragic incidences of either losing older Outlook databases or the incompatibility of which despite whatever steps suggested by Microsoft... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Which version of Office 2019 should I upgrade to not to for this ?

I have had few tragic incidences of either losing older Outlook databases or the incompatibility of which despite whatever steps suggested by Microsoft to migrate them to new format .

So basically my pcs/laptops are now running on both office 2013 / 2016 , and since the 2013 version is starting to age i am considering upgrading all to 2019 , now are there any recommended versions that are more Outlook friendly / reliable than others to upgrade with less hassles ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Office 2019

If your still running W7 why would you purchase Office 2019? You wouldn't.

Jetster, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Which version of Office 2019 should I upgrade to not to for this ?

Is it possible to install Office 2019 on Windows 10 without uninstalling previous versions?

Upon trying to install Office 2019 (x64 version) on Windows10 x64, it displays a message:

"System restart required.. Error Code: 30182-39 (2)"

and links to a page suggesting to restart (which I tried) and then uninstall and reinstall Office. Office 2016 is already installed (also x64 version).

It is a huge hassle to uninstall Office, especially with licensing issues. Is there a way to install 2019 without having to uninstall 2016?

Edit: 10/26:
    Thanks for the responses! To clarify, here is what is happening:

Right now, my computer only has Office 2016 Pro Plus x64 installed on it from a .iso and activation key from Microsoft.

I am trying to install Office 2019 x64, also with .iso from MS, however without uninstalling Office 2016.

Events:

1) a while ago I downloaded the "Office 2016 Pro Plus x64" .iso from Microsoft and activated it with an "alphanumeric key" from them. I don't recall for this PC specifically, but when I did the same for another PC I have, and tried activating it with an alphanumeric key, it required me to login with the same account that I had acquired the key under (you presumably have only a certain number of activates per key) to complete the activation.

2) I am not sure of whether the Office 2016 was click-to-run or MSI (it was a .iso), but I occasionally see something like "Click to run" with the Office logo next to it in the Task Manager (I presume it is updating components).

3) Given the limited number of activates per key, and no clear way to deactivate, I am concerned that if I were to uninstall Office 2016, I will have completely lost use of that single activation quota (which means if they let you install on 3 PC's and I have it installed on 3 right now, and I uninstall it on this one I'm asking about, I will not be able to reuse this key on this PC or another).

My concern about 3) is that let's say I uninstall 2016, and afterwards, I see that 2019 still can't install; however I need an MS Office installation on my PC, so then I try to re-install 2016 and then either of the following occurs:

a. 2016 installation may now give an error (resulting in there not being any Office available to me on my PC)

or b. I can no longer activate Office 2016 with the key above, as it wasn't previously deactivated and MS thinks it is already installed on the quota of PC's it had assigned to me.

Edit 10/28:

I have other Office 2016 Products (MS Project 2016 x64 for example) that aren't covered by Office365, therefore requiring a key (which has a usage quota). I'd like to install Office365 (based on feedback here) and either keep or upgrade these installations to 2019.

Perhaps I should post this as a separate question, however is there a confirmed way to deactivate these other installations (Project) such that MS knows that I can reinstall without quota issues? I saw an article that the best way is to uninstall and then use phone-activation when running into an issue if re-installation is required - however I foresee problems with that method.

user3645994, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Which version of Office 2019 should I upgrade to not to for this ?

1. Which version of Office 2019 should I upgrade to not to for this ? - Similar Threads - version Office 2019

2. Which version of Windows 10 should I have?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which version of Windows 10 should I have?: I’ve recently replaced the RAM on my HP Probook 470 G5 laptop after hardware diagnostic tests revealed the original Samsung modules to be faulty, and hoped that after doing so I would be able to download the latest 64 bit version of Windows 10 Pro, which I understand to be...
  3. Which version of Windows 10 should I have?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which version of Windows 10 should I have?: I’ve recently replaced the RAM on my HP Probook 470 G5 laptop after hardware diagnostic tests revealed the original Samsung modules to be faulty, and hoped that after doing so I would be able to download the latest 64 bit version of Windows 10 Pro, which I understand to be...
  4. Which OS version should I install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which OS version should I install?: My dad asked me to help fix up his old laptop, a Thinkpad SL400. It has been upgraded to an SSD and 4GB of RAM. However, the cpu is still the same (core 2 duo). He will be using the laptop for browsing, office apps, and zoom calls. What edition of Windows 10 should I...
  5. Which version SHOULD I have?

Which version SHOULD I have?: I have Windows 10 Pro version 2004. As yet, I have not been offered the 20H2 update, but I have on my other PC which is version 1909. Firstly, should I manually update 2004 to 20H2, or wait to see if it appears in updates? Secondly, the update failed on my other PC so shall I...
  6. Upgrade Office 2010 to Office 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Upgrade Office 2010 to Office 2019: I have a computer running Windows 10 and I want to upgrade my current Office 2010 to Office 2019. I believe you cannot just simply upgrade over the existing Office program and so I need to know the comprehensive detailed steps of getting Office 2019 installed, settings, data...
  7. Which version of windows should i use on mac

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which version of windows should i use on mac: I have a mac and want to install windows on it in either a vm virtualbox or with boot camp. I will be running only 1 instance of windows. 1. Which version of windows should i use? Retail/OEM? 2. If i get a new mac and no longer use the old one, can i use the same windows...
  8. Is there anything I should know before buying Office 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Is there anything I should know before buying Office 2019: I've been running Office 2007 for a long time. I think it's time to replace it with Office 2019. Is there anything I need to know about before I buy? What things are fundamentally different? 142849
  9. Is there anything I should know before buying Office 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anything I should know before buying Office 2019: I've been running Office 2007 for a long time. I think it's time to replace it with Office 2019. Is there anything I need to know about before I buy? What things are fundamentally different? 142849
  10. Which version should I try out?

Which version should I try out?: After a few somewhat successful tests of TP 10041, updated to 10049, I deleted it. I am going to re-install to a 2nd hard drive. At this point 10056, 10051, 10049 and 10041 TP's are all available. What would be the recommendation as which one to install? Pretty much ruled out...