Windows 10: Which version of Windows 10 is best for...

Discus and support Which version of Windows 10 is best for... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Okay, I'm building a new computer. The motherboard requires Windows 10 64-bit so I can't install a Windows 7. I've looked in many places but cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chemist18, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Chemist18 Win User

Which version of Windows 10 is best for...

Okay, I'm building a new computer. The motherboard requires Windows 10 64-bit so I can't install a Windows 7.

I've looked in many places but cannot find any information more recent than about three updates ago so I've come here to ask...

First, I have a very dim view of Windows 10 but since I have no choice I'm going to try to make the best of it. That said, you'll have to overlook my whining and griping. Thank you.

When Windows 10 was first forced onto my computer I was able to turn off Cortana and other intrusive components of the operating system, then after an update I could no longer do that. During my attempts to find a way I came across the instructions for using the "Local Group Policy" settings but didn't have that capability in the version of Windows 10 MS installed on my computer.

Now that I'm building a new computer and must use Windows 10 I am trying to learn if I can disable Cortana in the "Pro" version of Windows 10. I've seen mention of an Enterprise edition but did not see it on MS's website available for purchase.

I'm sorry to those that like applications like Cortana but I find their existence on my computer offensive. So does one of the versions of Windows 10 still have the functionality to create or edit local profiles that will exclude Cortana and some of the other apps I can't or won't use.

I figure I might as well try to get some use from having to use user accounts. I've always despised having user accounts on my home computer, it supplied everyone with a new "you're an idiot" line, "are you trying it as Administrator"? Of course I am you jerk, it's my computer in my home on my desk. User accounts wouldn't bother nearly as much if they actually provided some useful tools, Administrator and "everyone else" is just stupid.

------------

For those that might wonder what my objection is to Cortana, it's simple, the program spies on you. Any application that can run on your computer and respond when you call its name even if your computer is locked is listening to you 24/7. I've recently read of two cases where Alexa actually recorded random conversations then sent the recordings to random contacts of the person that owned the gadget.

:)

Chemist18, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is best for... - Similar Threads - version best

2. I WANNA ASK THAT WHICH WINDOWS AND ITS VERSION ARE BEST FOR MY LAPTOP.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I WANNA ASK THAT WHICH WINDOWS AND ITS VERSION ARE BEST FOR MY LAPTOP.: I WANNA ASK THAT WHICH WINDOWS AND ITS VERSION ARE BEST FOR MY LAPTOP.HI I AM A OLD WINDOWS USER BUT MY COMPUTER IS NOT TOO MUCH HIGH TECH , SO MY CURRENT WINDOWS IS GOING WELL IN MY COMPUTER. I ALSO TRIED WINDOWS HACK OR MODIFIED VERSIONS BUT THERE WAS A PROBLEM THAT I...
  3. I WANNA ASK THAT WHICH WINDOWS AND ITS VERSION ARE BEST FOR MY LAPTOP.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I WANNA ASK THAT WHICH WINDOWS AND ITS VERSION ARE BEST FOR MY LAPTOP.: I WANNA ASK THAT WHICH WINDOWS AND ITS VERSION ARE BEST FOR MY LAPTOP.HI I AM A OLD WINDOWS USER BUT MY COMPUTER IS NOT TOO MUCH HIGH TECH , SO MY CURRENT WINDOWS IS GOING WELL IN MY COMPUTER. I ALSO TRIED WINDOWS HACK OR MODIFIED VERSIONS BUT THERE WAS A PROBLEM THAT I...
  4. I WANNA ASK THAT WHICH WINDOWS AND ITS VERSION ARE BEST FOR MY LAPTOP.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. the latest version of windows XP and the best version of Microsoft Office for it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the latest version of windows XP and the best version of Microsoft Office for it: Dear ExpertI want to know the latest version of windows XP service pack 3 and match it whit the latest possibility version of Microsoft Office; Please help me...
  6. the latest version of windows XP and the best version of Microsoft Office for it

the latest version of windows XP and the best version of Microsoft Office for it: Dear ExpertI want to know the latest version of windows XP service pack 3 and match it whit the latest possibility version of Microsoft Office; Please help me...
  7. I want to run PyCharm on my laptop which version is best for me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to run PyCharm on my laptop which version is best for me?: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz RAM 8.00 GB GPU IntelR HD Graphics 5500ROM 500 GB HDD no ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-run-pycharm-on-my-laptop-which-version/4b724aff-8bdb-4b12-b8d4-523e3b633569
  8. I want to run PyCharm on my laptop which version is best for me?

I want to run PyCharm on my laptop which version is best for me?: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz RAM 8.00 GB GPU IntelR HD Graphics 5500ROM 500 GB HDD no ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-run-pycharm-on-my-laptop-which-version/4b724aff-8bdb-4b12-b8d4-523e3b633569
  9. I want to run PyCharm on my laptop which version is best for me?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. new version of bejewelled keeps jumping a level. Also it gives my best score as way over...

new version of bejewelled keeps jumping a level. Also it gives my best score as way over...: When I play the new version of bejewelled it keeps jumping a level, missing one level out. Also it puts my highest score as far greater than it is as if it has added two scores together. How can I reset this?...