Windows 10: Which version of Windows 10 is the best for stability and performance on an old pc?

Discus and support Which version of Windows 10 is the best for stability and performance on an old pc? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'll upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 & an SSD on an office PC with Core i3 530 CPU. I have a flash drive with 1703 that I know works great and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/adaa1262, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Which version of Windows 10 is the best for stability and performance on an old pc?

I'll upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 & an SSD on an office PC with Core i3 530 CPU.

I have a flash drive with 1703 that I know works great and it's the most stable version.

However I'm thinking of installing the latest version of Windows 10 home and turning off updates

(Before you judge it's a PC in the medical field that needs to get the job done instead of installing buggy feature updates )

Should I install the latest version or stick with 1703?

submitted by /u/adaa1262
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/adaa1262, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2020
  3. PC Stability & Security in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• What exactly do you mean by "repair stability and security" ?
    • Are you referring to Windows 10 ISO by " reimage repair"?
    • Are you not able to boot to Windows 10? If yes, What happens when you try to boot?

Please reply for further help.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Which version of Windows 10 is the best for stability and performance on an old pc?

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Which version of Windows 10 is the best for stability and performance on an old pc?

1. Which version of Windows 10 is the best for stability and performance on an old pc? - Similar Threads - version best stability

2. Which windows version is best for office work?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which windows version is best for office work?: Hey guys, I'm recently working on Startubefittings. So for office, I want to know which windows version is best windows 7 or windows 10? waiting for suggestion guys....
  3. Which windows version is best for office work?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Which windows version is best for office work?: Hey guys, I'm recently working onAnanka Fasteners. So for office, I want to know which windows version is bestwindows 7 or windows 10? waiting for suggestion guys....
  4. Which microsoft windows version is best?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which microsoft windows version is best?: Hello Everyone, I have started a new company Girish Metal India. I am looking out for Windows Version which is best? Can someone help me with it. Waiting for a positive reply. Thanks & Regards Girish Metal India...
  5. Which microsoft windows version is best?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which microsoft windows version is best?: Hey Guys, I have started a new company Nitech Stainless Inc. So, for my office work I want to know which windows version is best for office work? waiting for your positive reply....
  6. Best W10 version for gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best W10 version for gaming performance?: Has any youtuber or someone made benchmarks with different windows versions? I'm currently on version 2004 but i'm just curious if there's a version that has been proven to be better performance submitted by /u/nosceneLUL [link] [comments]...
  7. Best Windows 10 build version for an old laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best Windows 10 build version for an old laptop?: I have an old hp laptop (HP pavillion dv6;8 years old.) I only occasionally used this laptop and only for web surfing and watching movies. The time when I used this laptop much was when the first few versions of Windows 10 were released (When there was no activity history and...
  8. Which is Best for SSD and USB 3.0 Performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which is Best for SSD and USB 3.0 Performance: Hi All Is Standard ATA controller best, or is it best using the Intel 100/200 Serial ATA controller, my usb 3.0 transfer rate doesn't seem that fast, and transfers from my Secondary storage drive to my new USB 3.0 flash drive Clean Install of System other night right now...
  9. Which version of Windows 10 is best for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which version of Windows 10 is best for...: Okay, I'm building a new computer. The motherboard requires Windows 10 64-bit so I can't install a Windows 7. I've looked in many places but cannot find any information more recent than about three updates ago so I've come here to ask... First, I have a very dim view of...
  10. Which version of Windows is best for my old Dell Latitude D620 laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which version of Windows is best for my old Dell Latitude D620 laptop?: I have bought an old and used Dell Latitude D620, and on it, I currently have Windows XP preinstalled on it. But, since XP is very much outdated, I would like to upgrade the Windows version on it. So, the options available are the latest Windows 10 and the most popular...