Windows 10: Which Windows 10 editions get which features?

Discus and support Which Windows 10 editions get which features? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Wondering whether Windows 10 Home, Pro, Enterprise or Education will have all the bells and whistles you want and need? Here's Microsoft's feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by DavidY, Jul 1, 2015.

1. DavidY Win User

Which Windows 10 editions get which features?

More in the full ZDNet Article here

Compare Windows 10 Editions

:)

DavidY, Jul 1, 2015

2. Which Edition?

have a few qestions about the new windows 10 editions

1. what is N in the home n and pro n? yes I live in America

2. what the difference between

home

home N

home single language

pro

pro N

Breeze Dorling, Jul 1, 2015
  3. Mike Hall... always, Jul 1, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

On July 2, Microsoft posted for the first time a comparison chart which shows how its various Windows 10 for PC editions stack up.

There are not many surprises for those of us who've been following every Windows 10 twist and turn.

The Home, Pro, Enterprise and Education editions all will get the same set of core features, including customizable Start Menus; InstantGo and Hiberboot support for fast startup; TPM support; integrated Cortana assistant technology; Windows Hello security technologies; Continuum switching from PCs to tablets; and the new Microsoft Edge browser.

It's on the "business experience" side where things diverge. Here are the charts from Microsoft's site:
    Windows 10 Fundamentals compared:

Which Windows 10 editions get which features? [​IMG]

Source

swarfega, Jul 1, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I notice No additional Languages options in the tables. Previous versions of Windows you could only install Language packs or Interface packs with PRO / Enterprise / Ultimate (W7). You couldn't on HOME edition.

I don't see any mention of any language feature on the Windows features table for the different Windows versions.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 2, 2015
  6. Windows 7 Ultimate users are being short changed too. 7 Enterprise and Ultimate are identical except the volume licensing.

Indianatone, Jul 3, 2015
  7. Kari Win User
    This was changed in Windows 8, which allowed language packs be installed on any edition. The same seems to be with Windows 10, you can try installing the Home edition and see it by yourself, the language packs are there.

Kari, Jul 4, 2015
  8. Which Windows 10 editions get which features?

Your getting a free upgrade to a new OS and your getting short changed? If you don't like the deal, then don't take them up on the offer.

alphanumeric, Jul 4, 2015
  9. unifex Win User
    I find group policy to be a useful tool. The rest of the features lacking in the Home version are less important to me. Still, I don't see any reason to get the Home version, especially if it's free.

unifex, Jul 4, 2015
  10. I won't be trading in my 7 Ultimate licences or the 3 machines running Media center but will sacrifice some 7 Pro licenses for dual booting so I can keep tabs on what is going on. I am not stupid, I am going to install 10 Pro and continue on the insider preview giving my feedback to improve the OS. Will not lose 7 Ultimate or 8.1 with media center. So I guess I'll have to get 7 Pro installed on my dual booting machines ready for a few days after the big day.

Indianatone, Jul 8, 2015
  11. bromanbro Win User
    I'm doubting that old licences will get cancelled. Just that the option to use them for Win10 (probably a separate upgrade key) will be added.

At least I hope so...I have a system image for my Win7 in case I change my mind and just want a 10 TP partition.

bromanbro, Jul 8, 2015
  12. Gary Win User

Why would you consider anyone staying in The Insider Program trying to help other people and help MS build a better OS Stupid??

Thema:

1. Which Windows 10 editions get which features? - Similar Threads - editions features

2. I have Windows 11 Home Edition. How can I get the Media Feature Pack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Windows 11 Home Edition. How can I get the Media Feature Pack?: Please don't tell me to go to Settings, and down to optional features. The Media Feature Pack is not on the list. I even used PowerShell, and it doesn't exist in my Windows 11 Home Edition. I need to download it from a Microsoft site. Is there a place to do this?...
  3. I have Windows 11 Home Edition. How can I get the Media Feature Pack?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have Windows 11 Home Edition. How can I get the Media Feature Pack?: Please don't tell me to go to Settings, and down to optional features. The Media Feature Pack is not on the list. I even used PowerShell, and it doesn't exist in my Windows 11 Home Edition. I need to download it from a Microsoft site. Is there a place to do this?...
  4. Looking for a PDF editor with advanced features like digital signatures, editing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for a PDF editor with advanced features like digital signatures, editing...: I'm in search of a PDF editor with similar features that adobe does, such as the ability to sign, edit, highlight, etc. Any recommendations for your preferred tools in research? Thanks in advance!"...
  5. Looking for a PDF editor with advanced features like digital signatures, editing...

Looking for a PDF editor with advanced features like digital signatures, editing...: I'm in search of a PDF editor with similar features that adobe does, such as the ability to sign, edit, highlight, etc. Any recommendations for your preferred tools in research? Thanks in advance!"...
  6. why cant i edit my word documents? why have the word features been disabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i edit my word documents? why have the word features been disabled?: I tried to sign in with my school account but it is saying my school account is no longer active. my google account is saying it does not have office. please help me....
  7. why cant i edit my word documents? why have the word features been disabled?

why cant i edit my word documents? why have the word features been disabled?: I tried to sign in with my school account but it is saying my school account is no longer active. my google account is saying it does not have office. please help me....
  8. The EDIT feature doesn't work on Premium OneDrive. It doesn't SAVE photos after I crop it....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The EDIT feature doesn't work on Premium OneDrive. It doesn't SAVE photos after I crop it....: The EDIT feature is not working in Premium OneDrive. After I crop a photo and click SAVE or SAVE AS COPY nothing happens. It doesn't save the changes I made....
  9. The EDIT feature doesn't work on Premium OneDrive. It doesn't SAVE photos after I crop it....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The EDIT feature doesn't work on Premium OneDrive. It doesn't SAVE photos after I crop it....: The EDIT feature is not working in Premium OneDrive. After I crop a photo and click SAVE or SAVE AS COPY nothing happens. It doesn't save the changes I made....
  10. The EDIT feature doesn't work on Premium OneDrive. It doesn't SAVE photos after I crop it....