Windows 10: Which "Windows 10" to install

Discus and support Which "Windows 10" to install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Soon I intend to buy a new computer, I am a little confused about the operating system - which windows 10 to buy - home or pro (cost). Right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Motim Win User

Which "Windows 10" to install

Hello,
    Soon I intend to buy a new computer, I am a little confused about the operating system - which windows 10 to buy - home or pro (cost).
    Right now on my problematic old computer os is windows 10 pro.
    I use the computer at home, for internet, e-mail, some video and images editing, viewing movies, some office programs (Libre office), listening and editing some music.
    So I would like to have your advice which window 10 to buy, can I add later Hebrew language ?
    In short, this is my question.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Feb 25, 2018
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Feb 25, 2018
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Feb 25, 2018
  4. Which "Windows 10" to install

Hi,
    No contest 10 pro,
    Even a little more control is better than no control in 10 home *Smile
    Don't go by old hardware
    Don't go by preinstalled crapware from new hardware
    Clean install 10 pro and see what it's like good bad or indifferent *Smile

ThrashZone, Feb 25, 2018
  5. Agreed.

I have W10 Home on my laptop and I think the lack of control is horrible.

lehnerus2000, Feb 26, 2018
  6. Callender Win User
    What do you want to control? Windows Updates or something else?

Callender, Feb 26, 2018
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Why buy Windows 10? Why not just move the existing license for Windows 10 Pro from the old computer to the new one via a Microsoft Account?

NavyLCDR, Feb 26, 2018
  8. Which "Windows 10" to install

Pro is a waste of money. Lots of features that are useful in a corporate environment, but really nothing usable in the home.

margrave55, Feb 26, 2018
  9. lx07 Win User
    If you buy a PC (rather than build it yourself) it will most likely come with Windows installed. If it is Home and you find it is missing something you want (like Windows Update control or Bitlocker encryption) then as @NavyLCDR you should be able to transfer your Pro license. Probably though home will be fine as long as you don't want encryption (a must for me) but you should know better if you use any of the Pro features currently.

See this link for differences: Compare Windows 10 Editions Pro

And yes you can add Hebrew (both language and keyboard) to either. Just go to settings and download it. It is free.

Which "Windows 10" to install [​IMG]

10. I sent you a Visitor Message, so this thread wouldn't be hijacked. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Feb 26, 2018
  11. Hi,
    Quite a few items in group policy i use *Smile

ThrashZone, Feb 26, 2018
  12. Motim Win User
    Hello,
    Where and what message ??

Motim, Feb 27, 2018
  13. Which "Windows 10" to install

The answer is the same as it always is for these threads. The best version is the one that fits your needs properly. We don't know that info, so only you will be able to decide. Compare Home vs Pro and you'll have your answer.

However, when you compare, look into languages. I was thinking only Pro allowed multiple languages.

DeaconFrost, Feb 27, 2018
  14. lx07 Win User
    Home lets you change language (as long as it isn't Single Language edition). Windows 7 was more fussy - I had to upgrade to Ultimate to change language to English...

15. That message was a response to Callender (that's why I included Callender's quote). *Smile

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Which "Windows 10" to install

1. Which "Windows 10" to install - Similar Threads - install

2. Unable to open Virus and Threat Protection after installing Windows 11 in my laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to open Virus and Threat Protection after installing Windows 11 in my laptop.: This screen is being showed whenever I try to open Virus & Threat Protection in Windows 11. I am the only one who uses my laptop. Who is my IT administrator in this picture?...
  3. Install Windows Subsystem for Linux with a single command

in Windows 10 News
    Install Windows Subsystem for Linux with a single command: Windows 10 administrators who want to install WSL, the Windows Subsystem for Linux, can do so running a single command on Windows 10 versions 2004 and later. Microsoft introduced the enhancement in Insider preview builds back in October 2020, and has now pushed the...
  4. How many machines can I use my Windows 10 install USB on?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How many machines can I use my Windows 10 install USB on?: A few years ago I bought an instance on windows 10 for a PC I was building and I was wondering if I can use that same usb install key to reinstall windows 10 on windows 10 on another PC? The other PC is a laptop that came with windows 10 installed and I wanted to know if the...
  5. Installing Windows 10 on a new PC and transferring license from a broken laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 on a new PC and transferring license from a broken laptop: My son's Windows 10 laptop is beyond repair so we are about to replace it with a new desktop PC. He's as you can imagine on a budget so of course the option of buying a PC without a pre-installed operating system will save him a considerable amount of money if he then...
  6. Subsequent sync of installed apps with Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Subsequent sync of installed apps with Store: Is it possible or perhaps even done automatically to sync the apps you installed from Store while NOT logged in, with your Microsoft account if you log into Store later on?For instance, if you installed an app which was free for a limited time from Store while not being...
  7. Is patching windows 10 to install icons illegal?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is patching windows 10 to install icons illegal?: Is patching windows 10 to install icons illegal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-patching-windows-10-to-install-icons-illegal/8e315099-547d-4078-8480-197ae9fc7a8d
  8. Help deleting files and removing system and trusted installer permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help deleting files and removing system and trusted installer permissions: So I installed Mozilla Fire Fox for a bit and I didn't quite like it. I uninstalled and still have some mozilla.browser files and firefox.browser files on my computer. Whenever I try to delete them, I get blocked by SYSTEM, or TrustedInstaller. Help would be appreciated to...
  9. Windows slows down comparing when it was fresh installation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows slows down comparing when it was fresh installation: Hi I am using windows 10 64 bit I dont know if I should believe myth that says do a fresh windows installation every 4 or 5 years as it gets clogged and I feel windows slows down comparing when it was fresh installation Although I use utility Revo Uninstaller (there are...
  10. I CANNOT INSTALL THE MEDIA FEATURE PACK FOR WINDOWS 10 :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I CANNOT INSTALL THE MEDIA FEATURE PACK FOR WINDOWS 10 :: I watched several tutorials on YouTube on how to install the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10, because I need the camera for my upcoming online class this month. But the installation keeps on failing, and I already spent more than 3 hours to fix the problem. Please tell me...