Windows 10: Which Windows 10 updates can I safely uninstall to speed up computer?

Discus and support Which Windows 10 updates can I safely uninstall to speed up computer? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We purchased my work computer about a little over a year ago, lightning fast gaming computer with VR support and everything! Its been great for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lark1000, Mar 12, 2019.

1. lark1000 Win User

Which Windows 10 updates can I safely uninstall to speed up computer?

We purchased my work computer about a little over a year ago, lightning fast gaming computer with VR support and everything! Its been great for running all my Adobe programs! And now today, it literally takes me 15-20 minutes for the computer to fully boot up and load up programs before I can actually use anything. Shutting it down isnt easy either, I have to start shutting programs down about 20 minutes before its time to leave so I can get out of here on time. Everything is SLOW!!!!! I was thinking it was the Adobe programs because I know they can be pretty demanding on memory so I tried uninstalling all of them and reinstalling but no change what so ever. So now Im thinking its got to be the Windows updates. Are there any updates (Windows 10) that I would be ok with uninstalling in hopes of speeding things back up?

:)

lark1000, Mar 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Thank you for your reply.

Some users have reported that they're experiencing some computer issues after installing KB4074588. In this case, we suggest uninstalling the said update by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Update & security.
    • Click Update history.
    • Under Update history, click Uninstall updates.
    • Highlight KB4074588, then click Uninstall (beside Organize).

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Mar 12, 2019
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Which Windows 10 updates can I safely uninstall to speed up computer? - Similar Threads - updates safely uninstall

2. Which files&programs can I uninstall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which files&programs can I uninstall?: I have to clean up and free up storage space on C: drive. Storage usage is at capacity. Which Microsoft files can I delete and which ones should I keep. A lot of MS programs and I know to keep the major ones like Edge and One Drive.Thanks in advance....
  3. Which files&programs can I uninstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which files&programs can I uninstall?: I have to clean up and free up storage space on C: drive. Storage usage is at capacity. Which Microsoft files can I delete and which ones should I keep. A lot of MS programs and I know to keep the major ones like Edge and One Drive.Thanks in advance....
  4. How can I speed up Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I speed up Windows?: My Windows system is very slow to start. Takes over 5 minutes to load. What are the minimum programs I need to load to speed it up. Once started is runs very slowly also. Any suggestions?...
  5. Windows Update installed Edge. Can I safely Uninstall it?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Update installed Edge. Can I safely Uninstall it?: Hi all I have Windows 10 Home edition (ver 1909). In one of the first Windows Updates after I got this laptop, Microsoft installed the Edge browser on this computer, without asking me, without me choosing anything. And that was despite the fact that I already installed a...
  6. How can I speed up Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I speed up Windows 10: I am an essay writer and working for an essay writing service. My nature of job requires me to use Google Chrome browser to use certain extensions and tools for my research, analysis and writing. I am encountering this issue from few days that whenever I use my browser in...
  7. Can I safely uninstall XSplit Gamecaster?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I safely uninstall XSplit Gamecaster?: I recently purchased an Acer Predator Helios 300 and I've been spending some quality time with it, gently removing the toxic garbage that it was born with. I came across the app called XSplit Gamecaster and a quick google search mentioned that it cannot be safely uninstalled....
  8. Can I safely uninstall MicrosoftOfficeHub

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I safely uninstall MicrosoftOfficeHub: I have Office 365 installed on same computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-safely-uninstall-microsoftofficehub/248e0cea-40b0-4941-b811-31ace4eb034e
  9. Which can i safely uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which can i safely uninstall: I'm trying to free up space, besides system files there is apps and games though I deleted everything I downloaded from my C drive to save space. I have 3.25 gb worth of apps and games, all pre-installed. Is there any I can delete that wont effect my computer. If needed I...
  10. how can i speed up my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can i speed up my computer: my computer is getting really slow, broadband ok through my phone wifi ect ok tried disk clean up ect , no improvement , whats next. the computers only 3 years old...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what can be deleted in windows ten to speed up computer

2. what is web media extensions windows 10

3. which windows 10 update can be safely uninstalled

4. removing programs to speed up the computer,
  5. what can be safely deleted in windows ten to speed up computer,
  6. can we uninstal bing safely from windows 10,
  7. which updatescan I ignoreon my windows 20 computer,
  8. can i uninstall updates on my computer,
  9. speed up windows 10 laptop safely,
  10. what is web media extensions