Windows 10: Which Windows 10 version should I use for Clean Install ?

Discus and support Which Windows 10 version should I use for Clean Install ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am fed up with my computer's performance decreasing as new updates are installed. So I plan to do a clean install. Which build version of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AERegeneratel38, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Which Windows 10 version should I use for Clean Install ?

I am fed up with my computer's performance decreasing as new updates are installed. So I plan to do a clean install. Which build version of Windows 10 should I use?

submitted by /u/AERegeneratel38
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AERegeneratel38, Jul 13, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 13, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Which windows 10 version to choose

I'm making an USB windows 10 installation for my old windows 7 laptop.
    Which version of windows 10 to use? I have windows 7 home premium on it.

Should I use "windows 10" or "windows 10 Home Single Language" or "windows 10 N"

Thanks!

P4-630, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Which Windows 10 version should I use for Clean Install ?

Clean install - which version of Windows 10 should I use?

OK, here's the deal. My laptop's hard drive just gave up and died on me, so I'll be replacing it. I had Windows 10 installed on the laptop via the free upgrade (in my case, from 8.1, can't remember if I had the Home or Pro version of 8.1 though), and I'm
    wondering how to go about reinstalling 10 once I get the new hard drive installed.

I know all about the Media Creation Tool and all that jazz - my question stems from the fact that, in my Microsoft account, the laptop is listed as having "Windows 10 Core (10.0.10240.16487)" installed. If I use the MCT to create new install media (in this
    case, a bootable USB 3.0 stick), which version of Windows 10 should I select during the creation process? Hell, will the MCT even work for this, or will I need to go and drop $150 on the damned OS?

BrandonKoerber, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Which Windows 10 version should I use for Clean Install ?

1. Which Windows 10 version should I use for Clean Install ? - Similar Threads - version should Clean

2. Which version of Windows 10 should I have?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which version of Windows 10 should I have?: I’ve recently replaced the RAM on my HP Probook 470 G5 laptop after hardware diagnostic tests revealed the original Samsung modules to be faulty, and hoped that after doing so I would be able to download the latest 64 bit version of Windows 10 Pro, which I understand to be...
  3. Which version of Windows 10 should I have?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which version of Windows 10 should I have?: I’ve recently replaced the RAM on my HP Probook 470 G5 laptop after hardware diagnostic tests revealed the original Samsung modules to be faulty, and hoped that after doing so I would be able to download the latest 64 bit version of Windows 10 Pro, which I understand to be...
  4. Which version of Windows 10 should I have?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Which OS version should I install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which OS version should I install?: My dad asked me to help fix up his old laptop, a Thinkpad SL400. It has been upgraded to an SSD and 4GB of RAM. However, the cpu is still the same (core 2 duo). He will be using the laptop for browsing, office apps, and zoom calls. What edition of Windows 10 should I...
  6. Which version SHOULD I have?

Which version SHOULD I have?: I have Windows 10 Pro version 2004. As yet, I have not been offered the 20H2 update, but I have on my other PC which is version 1909. Firstly, should I manually update 2004 to 20H2, or wait to see if it appears in updates? Secondly, the update failed on my other PC so shall I...
  7. Which version of windows should i use on mac

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which version of windows should i use on mac: I have a mac and want to install windows on it in either a vm virtualbox or with boot camp. I will be running only 1 instance of windows. 1. Which version of windows should i use? Retail/OEM? 2. If i get a new mac and no longer use the old one, can i use the same windows...
  8. Which file should I use to start this installation?

Which file should I use to start this installation?: So far I've spent 3 days with various MS technicians (4 technicians and 4 Case Nos). Each in his own way has left me stranded ... this after the procedure to contact MS and then wait on phone for over an hour just to reach the technician. Then the hours spend sitting here...
  9. Which windows 10 should I use in this specs?

Which windows 10 should I use in this specs?: I am using windows 7 (64 bit) in an old desktop PC. My specs are- g31 motherboard 2.00 GHz Dual core processor (about 8 years old) 3GB DDR2 RAM Can I use windows 10 (64 bit) comfortably? or should I install 32 bit? or which windows should I use? please help!!...
  10. Which build of windows to use for clean install?

Which build of windows to use for clean install?: I have a desktop pc with Windows 10. In June of 2017 I experienced problem where it would proceed through bootup but never get to start. I quit using it and switched to a laptop. I have decided to do a clean install of windows 10 on the Desktop PC. My question is may I do the...