Windows 10: Which Windows do I need to choose to download onto my USB drive 32 better 64? and this is...

Discus and support Which Windows do I need to choose to download onto my USB drive 32 better 64? and this is... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, how can I tell which version of Windows I need to download on to my hard drive for restarting from factory settings BIOS ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sanija Eliasson, Jun 10, 2023.

1. Which Windows do I need to choose to download onto my USB drive 32 better 64? and this is...

Hi, how can I tell which version of Windows I need to download on to my hard drive for restarting from factory settings BIOS ?

:)

Sanija Eliasson, Jun 10, 2023
  2. pepoluan Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Jun 10, 2023
  3. Edwin Win User
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

Use Option Two in Brinks tutorial and in step #6 choose DVD instead of USB.

Edwin, Jun 10, 2023
  4. Which Windows do I need to choose to download onto my USB drive 32 better 64? and this is...

how to change Windows10 32 bit to 64 bit

You need to do this on the windows PC that you are trying to install 64 bit

You need to have a 64-Bit processor first.

Step 1: Download the media creation tool on this website and run the program

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...s10?d2784474-fdb0-4e9d-9e47-5e88c0e053ec=True

Step 2: Accept the Terms of service.

Step 3: Click on create installation media.

Step 4: Click on use recommended options for this PC. If it says 32-bit uncheck use recommended options for this PC then click 64-bit.

Step 5: Click on the option that says USB flash drive. The flash drive should be 8GB or more. Plug in the flash drive on the computer.

Step 6: Select your USB flash drive.

Step 7: The application should say Downloading Windows 10.

Step 8: When it is finished turn off the computer.

Step 9: Press Win + R then type shutdown /r /o. Press OK.

Step 10: Click Close when You’re about to be signed out prompt shows up.

Step 11: You will see some options. Click on use a device and then click on your USB drive.

Step 12: Follow the instructions of the Windows Setup.

GabrielMagpayo, Jun 10, 2023
Thema:

Which Windows do I need to choose to download onto my USB drive 32 better 64? and this is...

1. Which Windows do I need to choose to download onto my USB drive 32 better 64? and this is... - Similar Threads - need choose download

2. Stuck on choose 32 or 64 bit for windows boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on choose 32 or 64 bit for windows boot: I am trying to install windows into my pc but when it asks if I would like to run 32 or 64 bit, I select 64 bit windows logo comes up with a loading circle thing underneath and will load for about 5 minutes before restarting the computer and taking me back to the 32 or 64 bit...
  3. Stuck on choose 32 or 64 bit for windows boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on choose 32 or 64 bit for windows boot: I am trying to install windows into my pc but when it asks if I would like to run 32 or 64 bit, I select 64 bit windows logo comes up with a loading circle thing underneath and will load for about 5 minutes before restarting the computer and taking me back to the 32 or 64 bit...
  4. Stuck on choose 32 or 64 bit for windows boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Which Windows do I need to choose to download onto my USB drive 32 better 64? and this is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which Windows do I need to choose to download onto my USB drive 32 better 64? and this is...: Hi, how can I tell which version of Windows I need to download on to my hard drive for restarting from factory settings BIOS ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-windows-do-i-need-to-choose-to-download-onto/d8bd498a-3f25-4061-8da6-085582cb7ea2
  6. Which Windows do I need to choose to download onto my USB drive 32 better 64? and this is...

Which Windows do I need to choose to download onto my USB drive 32 better 64? and this is...: Hi, how can I tell which version of Windows I need to download on to my hard drive for restarting from factory settings BIOS ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-windows-do-i-need-to-choose-to-download-onto/d8bd498a-3f25-4061-8da6-085582cb7ea2
  7. Which option should I choose to boot usb drive which contains windows for MSI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which option should I choose to boot usb drive which contains windows for MSI?: Hello,I am aware that there are many similar questions to mine, but I could not find one for MSI computers. The boot options are UEFI USB Hard Disk, USB CD/DVD, USB key, and USB Floppy. I am very unfamiliar with all of these terms as I have very little computer experience....
  8. Which option should I choose to boot usb drive which contains windows for MSI?

Which option should I choose to boot usb drive which contains windows for MSI?: Hello,I am aware that there are many similar questions to mine, but I could not find one for MSI computers. The boot options are UEFI USB Hard Disk, USB CD/DVD, USB key, and USB Floppy. I am very unfamiliar with all of these terms as I have very little computer experience....
  9. which program is better 64 or 86

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    which program is better 64 or 86: I'm finding that some drivers do not support 86proga=ram down loads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-program-is-better-64-or-86/c6f65ce3-e54a-4bdb-b738-dec22e79b0bc
  10. which one should i choose to boot my usb drive

which one should i choose to boot my usb drive: Hi I’m trying to upgrade my win10 32bit into win10 64bit, it’s based on 64 processor and the win was activated. I’ve downloading the tool into my 16GB flash drive. The only problem I have is the boot menu. These are the choices on the boot menu(From top to Bottom): LS120,...