Windows 10: Which Windows settings are synced to the Microsoft Online account?

Discus and support Which Windows settings are synced to the Microsoft Online account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to get a list as detailed as possible. Some concrete questions I have: Is the list of installed apps being synced? If so do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Martype, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Martype Win User

Which Windows settings are synced to the Microsoft Online account?

Hello,

I would like to get a list as detailed as possible.

Some concrete questions I have:

1. Is the list of installed apps being synced? If so do default scam apps I uninstalled on my machine also get uninstalled the next time I install that machine or another using my account?
    2. What about app specific permissions like giving access to the microphone or location and such?
    3. How about having Chrome as the default browser?
    4. Task bar?
    5. Start menu?
    6. Windows explorer settings? Hidden file extensions and such
    7. How about registry?

Despite some answers an official list would be great.

:)

Martype, Feb 14, 2019

2. Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Feb 14, 2019
  3. philc43 Win User
    Microsoft Account and Syncing

Not sure what else to suggest but since you mentioned it, try variations of the sync settings on your W8.1 phone. It is just possible that this is causing some confusion with your Microsoft account and the W10 settings.

philc43, Feb 14, 2019
  4. balubeto Win User

Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Looking at the picture 4 of the step 4 of this link http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadF...in-windows-10/ , I noticed that the window for data synchronization, which lets choose which data to sync, is never displayed when I step from a local to Microsoft account.

Why this window does not appear?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Which Windows settings are synced to the Microsoft Online account? - Similar Threads - settings are synced

2. Microsoft Account not Syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account not Syncing: Since Microsoft has taken down the account troubleshooter, is there anything else to use? My account is not syncing between devices. Am using Windows 10.Have tried to turn sync settings on and off, verified the account, edit the registry keys, run sfc /scan now, DISM /online...
  3. What does a microsoft account sync? Does it sync settings in places outside of the settings...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does a microsoft account sync? Does it sync settings in places outside of the settings...: Or does it only sync where it says it will? submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jegm60/what_does_a_microsoft_account_sync_does_it_sync/
  4. Windows 10 Microsoft online not syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Microsoft online not syncing: After finding out one of my Windows 10 PCs was not using my Microsoft Online password, I attempted to fix the problem using steps posted in other threads. These did not work. Furthermore, after removal of the device from Microsoft Online, it no longer shows up there despite...
  5. Conflict between my local Settings and the Microsoft Account online

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Conflict between my local Settings and the Microsoft Account online: Hi, I have bought a Windows 10 app but it tells me "it looks like you don't have any devices linked to your account". I try to add a Windows PC, and get the dialog box telling me how to do it. "Go to Settings - Your info - click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"...
  6. Sync - Which computer controls the settings?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sync - Which computer controls the settings?: I am brand new to Sync. I wanted to learn the rules of how it operates so I clicked on the convenient link just above where one turns it on or off in Settings and instead of a proper explanation from Microsoft I was dumped into a Bing search of "How does syncing work?"....
  7. Microsoft Account and Syncing

Microsoft Account and Syncing: Hi Everyone I have just discovered the sync settings in Windows 10 and found out about how I can sync my settings and themes (which I am particularly interested in) I had the settings enabled with my computer and surface also with my existing Microsoft account signed in...
  8. Online Account Syncing

Online Account Syncing: When we all come to install the final build of Windows 10, is there a way to enable the online account but not to let it sync all the settings? 3981
  9. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: I have often wondered what happens when you upgrade Windows with regards to syncing settings etc. For Windows 10 I don't want to find that I am syncing settings from older versions of Windows or from Windows 10 beta. So how do I ensure that for the first install of...
  10. Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to your Microsoft account. If...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change settings synced account microsoft online

2. what user settings are synched with microsoft accounts

3. what settings are synced with microsoft account