Windows 10: Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers?

Discus and support Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For window 7, HomeUsers workgroup is available for selection, but HomeUsers is not available for window 10. I would like to know on which workgroup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by oemSoft, Feb 19, 2020.

1. oemSoft Win User

Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers?

For window 7, HomeUsers workgroup is available for selection, but HomeUsers is not available for window 10.

I would like to know on which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers as shown below

Window 10 only offer following workgroup selection.

• Administrators
    • Device owners
    • Distributed COM Users
    • Event Log Readers
    • Guests
    • Hyper-V Administrators
    • IIS_USRS
    • Performance Log Users
    • Performance Monitor users
    • Remote Management Users
    • System Managed Accounts group
    • Users

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

:)

oemSoft, Feb 19, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Switch from Homegroup to Workgroup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+ X, select
      System.

• Click on Advanced System settings.

• Under Computer Name tab click on
      change.

• Under “Member Of” change the Workgroup name

• Then click on OK, then when prompted
      reboot your device.

And also refer the article given below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/join-or-create-a-workgroup

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 19, 2020
  3. KRSPDS Win User
    Windows 10 Administrator access with a single HomeUser account

Yes, I set up a Microsoft account when I upgraded to Windows 10, however, this was never listed as an Administrator Account, just a HomeUser account. I didn't have problems until I removed the need to log in every time I turn on the computer. So now I
    need to know how to access the administrator account, which according to everything else I've read should automatically be my Microsoft account - which was
    never set as an administrator account, just the HomeUser (I wasn't given another choice at the time).

In theory, I should have a second account on this computer, the original one set up with the computer, but I cannot find it or access it - again everything I've read to date suggests this may be the administrator account, but I believe it is a HomeUser account.

KRSPDS, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers?

In Windows 10 Home - why would you disable the ability to change the default workgroup name from "workgroup" to something else?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to change the work group name?
    Have you tried as below steps if not I suggest you to follow as below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Click on “system”.
    • Then under “computer name, domain and workgroup settings” option.
    • Click on change “settings” on the right hand side.
    • Click on “computer name” tab.
    • Under the option “to rename this computer and change its domain or workgroup, click change”
      click on “change option”.
    • Under “computer name tab” enter the computer name accordingly and click on
      “ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers?

1. Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers? - Similar Threads - workgroup similar HomeUsers

2. What is HomeUsers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is HomeUsers?: I was checking security permissions for a folder on my windows 10 laptop the other day and I found a couple of options:SYSTEMmy user New-PC\NewHomeUsers New-PC\HomeUsersAdministrators New-PC\AdministratorsMy question is, am I the only one on my laptop, is there someone...
  3. What is HomeUsers?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is HomeUsers?: I was checking security permissions for a folder on my windows 10 laptop the other day and I found a couple of options:SYSTEMmy user New-PC\NewHomeUsers New-PC\HomeUsersAdministrators New-PC\AdministratorsMy question is, am I the only one on my laptop, is there someone...
  4. What is HomeUsers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WHICH GRAPHIC CARD IS SIMILAR TO 3050 TI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    WHICH GRAPHIC CARD IS SIMILAR TO 3050 TI: WHICH GRAPHIC CARD IS SIMILAR TO 3050 TI???
  6. Removing HomeUsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing HomeUsers: Hello, I run netplwiz. Under the user names list, I have my account designation listed twice. Once as admin and once as homeuser. Under the properties tab for the one listed as homeuser, it is marked as "other" homeuser. I am the only user/admin and I do not use any groups...
  7. Workgroups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workgroups: how do I unjoin from a workgroup ? Somehow I am in a workgroup that I never recall joining and it is causing me problems. what can I do to remove my desktop from a workgroup?...
  8. workgroup

workgroup: After 10 updated my homegroup was deleted. I can't get workgroup to connect to hard wired lan. Is there a better way to network and share resources? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/workgroup/a0046796-660b-4a4a-92ae-a8974cf0900b
  9. workgroup

workgroup: How do I setup a workgroup in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/workgroup/549ade62-03ff-435f-b64a-a53c87d620ee
  10. workgroup

workgroup: From a windows 10, Having trouble creating a workgroup with a windows 7. Bill https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/workgroup/5d5266c5-b447-4fe7-8324-104e5328d3d0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. domain users similar to workgroup

2. what does HomeUsers mean in windows 10 file sharing

3. homeusers windows 10