Windows 10: which would be the right size of cmd.exe, 229k or 198k?

Discus and support which would be the right size of cmd.exe, 229k or 198k? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum and its the first time I ask a question in a forum, ever, due to some hard drive logic errors and some fiddling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 902313, Jan 30, 2016.

1. 902313 Win User

which would be the right size of cmd.exe, 229k or 198k?

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum and its the first time I ask a question in a forum, ever, due to some hard drive logic errors and some fiddling after using a bootable usb to fix errors I was locked out of my account, then I tried to use the utilman.exe trick to get a elevated command prompt, didn't work, renaming utilman.exe as cmd.exe, anyways, I have another properly working computer, and I was trying to fix these two files , restore them to their original form, and both of them show in the working computer twice and with different sizes in each instance, I'm unable to get a elevated command prompt in the computer having issues, somehow the explorer.exe doesn't work at all, and because of not having a elevated command prompt I'm unable to run sfc.exe /scannow to restore them, powershell also spits some errors, so I just unplugged my hard drive and inserted it into another pc to restore them manually, my question is, which one of the cmd.exe and utilman.exe are the correct ones?

Thank You All

:)

902313, Jan 30, 2016
  2. babis3g Win User

which would be the right Anti-Virus For C7

i had f-secure on my n8 and was getting message insert memory card switch off and on the phone

i delete it phone was fine

now on my c7 was preinstalled and delete it before download other apps

kaspersky from reviews is ok but some facing slow down the phone

i suggest as well (like the other users on top post) not install any because it will run in the background and will slow down phone and battery

how ever if you still want to have one at ovi is one free called mobishield

if ovi not available in your region google it but is not working good either on my n8 or c7 so was unistalled but was fast scanning (only the quick scan)

babis3g, Jan 30, 2016
  3. which would be the right Anti-Virus For C7

There are no viruses to affect Symbian phones, you DON'T NEED ANTI VIRUS !!! That's it !

carman58---01, Jan 30, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

cmd.exe:

which would be the right size of cmd.exe, 229k or 198k? [​IMG]

utilman.exe:

which would be the right size of cmd.exe, 229k or 198k? [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jan 30, 2016
  5. 902313 Win User
    Thanks LCDR, I'm still struggling to get my OS back to a working state, it seems I had those files with different sizes, will check for rootkits or viruses, I'm unable to get a elevated command prompt so no way to run sfc /scannow ,a proper backup is already in progress, reset windows 10 fails, either saving files or not, also restore point reload, so I'm running out of ideas, a new iso has been downloaded and imprinted into a flash drive, hopefully my credentials in MS cloud allow me to re activate this OS after a fresh install as I don't have the product key, this was originally a w7 pro, and I got the offer and went with the upgrade, the sticker was smeared and all the tools I tried like magicjellybean or produkey failed to load the hive.. I made zero changes in hardware so we'll see, I'll post the struggle and results when all this is over, unless anybody have any other ideas. by the way we have the same build of win 10.

902313, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. which would be the right size of cmd.exe, 229k or 198k? - Similar Threads - right size cmd

2. cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  3. cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  4. Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe: when trying to open "Uninstall or change a program", " System properties" from This PC or trying from right click on desktop to open Personalization or Display setting, a cmd open and close right after and nothing happens, but if click on that cmd right before it close, it...
  5. cmd closes with right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cmd closes with right click: When I press right click on the mouse the cmd window closes. This is on Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Any ideea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-closes-with-right-click/a928ea83-1b56-4211-b9ed-44b26efbc611
  6. CMD default opening size is tiny

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD default opening size is tiny: Hey all When I try open my command prompt it opens up very small, see for reference: [ATTACH] I have gone into the command prompt's default properties and changed the dimensions to what I want it to open to but it still opens up as a tiny box. This is doubly frustrating...
  7. Which driver would be better?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which driver would be better?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Papa-Lui [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g85naf/which_driver_would_be_better/
  8. X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe: Bonjour j'ai un problème avec mon pc (un lenovo yoga 300). À la fin d'une mise à jour, j'ai dû redémarrer mon pc et après le redémarrage je tombe sur une page qui me demande de choisir en l'option *Dépannage ou *Éteindre le pc. [IMG] J'ai donc essayé l'option dépannage:...
  9. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...
  10. Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit: I did a very stupid thing. I tried to make windows block one application by creating registry in Policies/Explorer named RestrictRun. I did it and then I also created DisallowRun. In KEy Restrict run I added one application, but i couldnt create key for DisallowRun and...