Windows 10: while downloading i get the message i am not the administrator.

Discus and support while downloading i get the message i am not the administrator. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; purchased home office365 several days ago. simply cant download ai tried almost anything i could think about. i am desperate now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hakeemkiss, Oct 5, 2018.

1. while downloading i get the message i am not the administrator.

purchased home office365 several days ago. simply cant download ai tried almost anything i could think about. i am desperate now

:)

hakeemkiss, Oct 5, 2018

2. How to access administrative settings to authorize the download

Hi James,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please provide us the following information:

• Are you logged in using Local account\ Administrator account?

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion by Ravi.Shankar from the following link.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ssion-to/62732e6e-39f8-4f76-89d6-c7d924020797

(Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well)

Do update us with the above information, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 7, 2018
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

while downloading i get the message i am not the administrator.

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

while downloading i get the message i am not the administrator.

1. while downloading i get the message i am not the administrator. - Similar Threads - while downloading message

2. As the Administrator, Why am I getting this message "The system administrator has set...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    As the Administrator, Why am I getting this message "The system administrator has set...: I am attempting to load Sonos app on a Windows 11 laptop and as the administrator I continue to get this error message:"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" ....
  3. As the Administrator, Why am I getting this message "The system administrator has set...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As the Administrator, Why am I getting this message "The system administrator has set...: I am attempting to load Sonos app on a Windows 11 laptop and as the administrator I continue to get this error message:"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" ....
  4. I am getting this error message 0x80070005 while trying to download Windows 11. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting this error message 0x80070005 while trying to download Windows 11. Please help.: Getting this error 0x80070005 while trying to download Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-this-error-message-0x80070005-while/bf72210a-bae8-45e8-a165-8f9834b2c2f7
  5. I am getting this error message 0x80070005 while trying to download Windows 11. Please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting this error message 0x80070005 while trying to download Windows 11. Please help.: Getting this error 0x80070005 while trying to download Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-this-error-message-0x80070005-while/bf72210a-bae8-45e8-a165-8f9834b2c2f7
  6. I am getting this error message 0x80070005 while trying to download Windows 11. Please help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I *AM* the Administrator!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I *AM* the Administrator!: How can I convince my computer that I really am the administrator? I own the darned thing, no one else uses it, who ELSE would be the Administrator? Yet, when attempting certain tasks, it tells me that only an Administrator can do that. Then it presents me with a button that...
  8. I *AM* the Administrator!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I *AM* the Administrator!: How can I convince my computer that I really am the administrator? I own the darned thing, no one else uses it, who ELSE would be the Administrator? Yet, when attempting certain tasks, it tells me that only an Administrator can do that. Then it presents me with a button that...
  9. Am I an Administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Am I an Administrator?: If I go, to Settings/Accounts. There is my picture, my email address. And, in big letters, Administrator.But I'm often, installing, deleting something.And I see. Must be an, Administrator.So how, do I change it. Get Administrator rights?This is, my computer. So, having,...
  10. while downloading i get the message i am not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    while downloading i get the message i am not the administrator.: purchased home office365 several days ago. simply cant download ai tried almost anything i could think about. i am desperate now...