Windows 10: while holding left click And then drag your mouse somewhere, there appears like window to...

Discus and support while holding left click And then drag your mouse somewhere, there appears like window to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/surge86CZLP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e6i9xe/while_holding_left_click_and_then_drag_your_mouse/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/surge86CZLP, Dec 5, 2019.

1. while holding left click And then drag your mouse somewhere, there appears like window to...

/u/surge86CZLP, Dec 5, 2019
  2. TheGlow Win User

Left and right click drag, 1 sec delay for action

I had this issue and ended up reinstalling Win10 last week so not sure what the trigger is.
    If I left click or right click and drag anything, the icon doesnt respond for 1 sec.
    The mouse cursor moves fine, no lag.
    Example, I left click and drag a desktop folder a few spots over and release. the mouse cursor clicks on the folder, the cursor moves over. and about 1 second from when I left clicked, the folder will appear where I released it.
    If I left click the folder, drag it over, but hold left click, then the folder will appear under the cursor and I can move it around like normal.
    If I right click and drag a folder and release it takes about 1 sec for the context menu to show up.
    Just right clicking brings up the context menu instantly.
    This isnt restricted to the desktop. This is any icon, in any folder. Drag/drop to same folder, different folders or even across drives, it makes no difference.

TheGlow, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Dragging Windows

Hi Over It, welcome to the Ten Forums.

I am sorry, I think you will not like my response: There's no issue in Windows 10 regarding dragging & dropping application windows. You place the pointer over the empty place in the titlebar, hold down the left mouse button and drag the window where you want it, then release the mouse button:

NPXKMxXlLTI

This might not be your case but I have had this issue a few times, I've always found out that the issue was a faulty mouse rather than Windows. Not only that I was not able to drag anything but also that a left click was often interpreted by the mouse as double click. In my case, I am a fan of Logitech ergonomic mice. They have a quite common issue, after some time in heavy use the tiny spring under the white plastic bits shown in the screenshot below stops working. When the mouse button is pressed and hold down, the click is received but immediately released. This means that although I kept holding the left mouse button down trying to drag an object, in reality the faulty spring had already released the button thus making dragging impossible.

while holding left click And then drag your mouse somewhere, there appears like window to... [​IMG]

In my case I solved this by replacing the mouse although Internet is loaded with for this specific issue.

You can test if this is your issue quite easily, just get another mouse and try if dragging works better.

Kari, Dec 5, 2019
  4. while holding left click And then drag your mouse somewhere, there appears like window to...

Drag and Drop

When using "Drag and Drop":
    • "Alt + left mouse button" to create a Link/Shortcut
    • "Ctrl + left mouse button" to Copy the file
    • "Shift + left mouse button" to Move the file

lehnerus2000, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

while holding left click And then drag your mouse somewhere, there appears like window to...

1. while holding left click And then drag your mouse somewhere, there appears like window to... - Similar Threads - while holding left

2. Mouse left hold click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left hold click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11: if i hold left mouse button,the cursor just miss out by it self but in that time i'm still holding the left button and if I move the cursor on full screen game automatically minimize game it also minimize all program,i do so much thing to fix it, it's been 6 month that...
  3. Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging: Issue with my mouse's left click? Every time I try to drag something, anything it clicks on its own and cancels it and its very annoying when I'm trying to move files around. I switched the primary button to right click and it seems to be working fine. Ive been trying to look...
  4. Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging: Issue with my mouse's left click? Every time I try to drag something, anything it clicks on its own and cancels it and its very annoying when I'm trying to move files around. I switched the primary button to right click and it seems to be working fine. Ive been trying to look...
  5. Mouse lets go/clicks while dragging

6. When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking: I've started to notice that my mouse keeps on clicking when I hold my left mouse button down and I've tried to troubleshoot it but I have not gotten anywhere near the issue. What's wrong?!...
  7. When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking

When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking: I've started to notice that my mouse keeps on clicking when I hold my left mouse button down and I've tried to troubleshoot it but I have not gotten anywhere near the issue. What's wrong?!...
  8. When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking

9. Windows 10 mouse lag when dragging (Holding left click, dragging icons and clicking on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 mouse lag when dragging (Holding left click, dragging icons and clicking on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kein_Humor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g190gy/windows_10_mouse_lag_when_dragging_holding_left/
  10. Mouse left click acting like a right click

Mouse left click acting like a right click: Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the primary button. I have reset the computer and I have checked for and installed updates and the problem still persists. What can I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. click hold drag black window appear