Windows 10: While in system restore if keeps saying password incorrect and I cant do anything

Discus and support While in system restore if keeps saying password incorrect and I cant do anything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need urgent help. Please. My pc is booting to system restore and im teying to do a sytem restore. But for some reason it keeps saying password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeremyGarside, May 1, 2020.

1. While in system restore if keeps saying password incorrect and I cant do anything

I need urgent help. Please. My pc is booting to system restore and im teying to do a sytem restore. But for some reason it keeps saying password incorrect!!! I cant cant do anything. Please help me

:)

JeremyGarside, May 1, 2020

2. Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, May 1, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 1, 2020
  4. While in system restore if keeps saying password incorrect and I cant do anything

After system restore cannot login, says 'Incorrect password'

Original title: Password not working

My computer did a system update yesterday and I was able to log in just fine. I went to log in today and now it is saying incorrect password. I have owned my computer for less than a month, it came with Windows 10 already installed. And now it is a $3000.00
    paper weight. We have tried changing the password, but it won't allow us to. We have tried a system restore. Again, it wont allow us to. We have tried connecting it to a LAN line. Again, nothing.

This is so unbelieably infuriating. Why would you release something or update it knowing full well this issue exists and then not have a way to troubleshoot it or have support that can actually help.

This is just a total load of bullcrap.

NicoleBaruzzini, May 1, 2020
Thema:

While in system restore if keeps saying password incorrect and I cant do anything

1. While in system restore if keeps saying password incorrect and I cant do anything - Similar Threads - While system restore

2. I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect: My login keeps on saying password incorrect while that is my corrected password **** I need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-it-keeps-on-saying-password-incorrect/be230791-1099-4c78-851a-c6924b5a29cc
  3. I can't do anything in start up repair as it says "The password is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't do anything in start up repair as it says "The password is incorrect": even though I have checked so many times and it works. However it just doesn't work on start up repairs, meaning my pc is stuck and it's inaccessible I can't launch it in safe mode as it instantly goes to automatic repair....
  4. I can't do anything in start up repair as it says "The password is incorrect"

I can't do anything in start up repair as it says "The password is incorrect": even though I have checked so many times and it works. However it just doesn't work on start up repairs, meaning my pc is stuck and it's inaccessible I can't launch it in safe mode as it instantly goes to automatic repair....
  5. I can't do anything in start up repair as it says "The password is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. System Restore show password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore show password incorrect: I try to System Restore and i checked all the passwords, but noone work.I just want to exit from System Restore, everytime when i restart PC System Restore run automatic.Can i exit from System Restore and launch windows normally?I try to Forgotten your password, but PC just...
  7. System Restore show password incorrect

System Restore show password incorrect: I try to System Restore and i checked all the passwords, but noone work.I just want to exit from System Restore, everytime when i restart PC System Restore run automatic.Can i exit from System Restore and launch windows normally?I try to Forgotten your password, but PC just...
  8. System Restore show password incorrect

9. password incorrect in system restore

password incorrect in system restore: my pc started crashing with, 'Your PC Ran Into an issue'the blue screen once in the morning and as time went by, it started crashing more often and by evening it crashed in some seconds after I started it. so I went to restore point and restored my pc 5 days before, which had...
  10. System restore keeps giving password incorrect

System restore keeps giving password incorrect: 1. Power dipped and PC switched off. When power returned I switched on my PC 2. A message appeared saying Microsoft was preparing an automatic repair 3. A screen appeared requesting I select my account & enter my password. 4. I selected my Admin account & entered the...