Windows 10: While scrolling with mouse it freezes and closes the program

Discus and support While scrolling with mouse it freezes and closes the program in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey there , Firstly i am not able to search through my start menu Secondly if i scroll down with mouse wheel it freezes the start menue menue and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AryanGupta1, Dec 30, 2018.

1. While scrolling with mouse it freezes and closes the program

Hey there ,

Firstly i am not able to search through my start menu

Secondly if i scroll down with mouse wheel it freezes the start menue menue and then closes it . Same thing is happening in windows settings.

Please help

:)

AryanGupta1, Dec 30, 2018

2. MICROSOFT MOUSE PROGRAM

Hi Richard,

Since the above suggestions didn't work on your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below for us to further locate the device driver that has been causing conflict on your system.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Devices.
    • Scroll down, then select Device manager.
    • Look for the mouse icon, then click it.
    • Right-click on the available drivers.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Re-connect your Microsoft mouse, so that the system will reinstall the correct driver.

Keep us updated with the result so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Mouse Scroll Jumps

Hello Nate,

It is possible that the Vertical Scrolling is set to a higher numeric value. To assist you with your concern I would suggest checking the Vertical Scrolling to isolate the issue. Just follow these steps to isolate the issue.

• Press the Windows key and go to Settings.
    • Click Devices and go to Mouse.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Wheel tab.
    • Put a bullet on Roll the wheel one notch to scroll and change the numeric value to 2 or 3 (Depending on your preference.)
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Check if this will resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jay Jap, Dec 30, 2018
  4. While scrolling with mouse it freezes and closes the program

Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

While scrolling with mouse it freezes and closes the program

1. While scrolling with mouse it freezes and closes the program - Similar Threads - While scrolling mouse

2. Mouse keeps stopping when closing a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse keeps stopping when closing a program: Please help me my mouse keeps stopping when i close a program or randomly. I checked in Devices tab and it showed me this.I don't know the fix. I tried removing the device still showing this. If someone knows the fix please let me know....
  3. Mouse keeps stopping when closing a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse keeps stopping when closing a program: Please help me my mouse keeps stopping when i close a program or randomly. I checked in Devices tab and it showed me this.I don't know the fix. I tried removing the device still showing this. If someone knows the fix please let me know....
  4. MOUSE SCROLLING

MOUSE SCROLLING: I have a Surface Laptop 3 running Windows 11 and the Microsoft Precision mouse. I find the scrolling in Word, Excel, browsers and any other app annoying it is not smooth at all it goes "line by line" as the mouse settings specify. Rotating the wheel makes the page scroll as a...
  5. Keyboard and mouse freeze while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse freeze while gaming: Hi trying to figure out what my issue might be. The keyboard and mouse keep freezing only while gaming. Like as soon as I open the game it will freeze immediately every time. Any other time they work perfectly for long periods. I’m currently using a battery keyboard and mouse...
  6. Keyboard and mouse freeze while gaming

Keyboard and mouse freeze while gaming: Hi trying to figure out what my issue might be. The keyboard and mouse keep freezing only while gaming. Like as soon as I open the game it will freeze immediately every time. Any other time they work perfectly for long periods. I’m currently using a battery keyboard and mouse...
  7. Keyboard and mouse freeze while gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. program closing while using

program closing while using: A program closes when I open parts of it to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-closing-while-using/47173f37-ea99-4eef-ab1d-472c088766d4
  9. Mouse scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scrolling: My mouse scrolls very fast when ever I go on Facebook. It works fine on all other sites. I have tried several suggestions, but no results. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling/12bd117e-b1e5-48fb-959f-4da0dc1d9edf
  10. 1 second mouse freezing when opening or closing programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1 second mouse freezing when opening or closing programs: I have this weird issue that started when I upgraded to Windows 10. Whenever I open a program or in some cases an explorer window my mouse will freeze up for about half a second, as if the hard drive is bottle necked very briefly. I have two drives in my laptop, an SSD and a...