Windows 10: While typing keyboard cursor keeps moving left

Discus and support While typing keyboard cursor keeps moving left in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello This problem is driving me nuts. I use ASUS Zen book win 10 home. I also use blue tooth Logitech mouse and keyboard. While typing a word in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NafiulAziz, Oct 2, 2020.

1. While typing keyboard cursor keeps moving left

Hello

This problem is driving me nuts. I use ASUS Zen book win 10 home. I also use blue tooth Logitech mouse and keyboard. While typing a word in firefox address bar or in viber, after two or three letters, the cursor shifts automatically to the left sometimes. This problem has been occurring for two days. I also factory reset the win 10. Another problem for mouse is that I cant scroll down properly. I am not sure whether it is device problem mouse or keyboard or Win 10. Please shed some light.

Thank you

Regards

Nafi

:)

NafiulAziz, Oct 2, 2020

2. Cursor moves but I cannot type!

Hi,

Are you able to enter using the On-screen keyboard? If you haven't tried yet, follow the below steps and check.

• When you're on login screen, click on Ease of Access
      at bottom right and select On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with
      On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol
      (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 2, 2020
  3. prasadvv Win User
    Fix for cursor moving to left?

What is the fix for the cursor moving to the left? Upon first signing in to Windows 10 I type the first letter of my password and the cursor moves to the left. I have to delete the first letter and start my user name
    again and then the cursor behaves normally. This also occasionally happens when typing a document or typing something into "search". I type the first letter, the cursor moves to the left and I have to delete the first letter and retype.

prasadvv, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

While typing keyboard cursor keeps moving left

Cursor moves to the left while I'm typing

Hi,

There are multiple factors that we can consider why you’re having this cursor issue on your computer. We would recommend that you check the response of
    Azam K on this
    thread
    . This will provide you steps on how to run a complete virus scan and safe mode on your device.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

While typing keyboard cursor keeps moving left

1. While typing keyboard cursor keeps moving left - Similar Threads - While typing keyboard

2. Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11: Hello,I have a strange behavior since a month or so, when typing the r&R letter, the typing cursor moves to its left, making it impossible to write when using this laptop. I'm facing this issue only when using external keyboards. Furthermore, I have tried unplugging,...
  3. Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11: Hello,I have a strange behavior since a month or so, when typing the r&R letter, the typing cursor moves to its left, making it impossible to write when using this laptop. I'm facing this issue only when using external keyboards. Furthermore, I have tried unplugging,...
  4. Cursor is moving left automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor is moving left automatically.: Sir./ madam I have recently Flashed windows 11 in my pc . and I am facing a problem. That Cursor is moving left automatically. I have tried by uninstalling driver to fix this issue. I got failed. Please help me. Is there any file or s/w corrupted.?...
  5. Cursor is moving left automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor is moving left automatically.: Sir./ madam I have recently Flashed windows 11 in my pc . and I am facing a problem. That Cursor is moving left automatically. I have tried by uninstalling driver to fix this issue. I got failed. Please help me. Is there any file or s/w corrupted.?...
  6. Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing: I've windows 10 and in the recent past, my keyboard and mouse cursor is acting crazy. Like when I use keys such as backspace, number keys above the letters number pad while typing cursor automatically jumps to the left and it is really frustrating when I'm writing an email....
  7. Cursor moves to the left while typing in any app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor moves to the left while typing in any app: First, thanks in advance for your consideration, and I also want to point out that the issue I'm about to describe has been raised before, though having thoroughly reviewed the forum posts about it, and taken all recommended steps to address it without avail, I'm hoping...
  8. Editing in forums; cursor jumps to the left while typing

in Browsers and Email
    Editing in forums; cursor jumps to the left while typing: I can't figure out exactly what is happening but if I am editing text, most often in a forum, my cursor suddenly jumps back to the start of a word then behaves in an odd way. The workaround is to clear the characters to the right and re-write the text I clear. But I can't...
  9. Moving cursor while typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving cursor while typing: When I am typing, emails, chat msgs, etc and I am careful to avoid the touchpad, my cursor will automatically move back to the front or middle of verbiage I have already typed, and cause over typing. 44976
  10. Cursor does not move while using keyboard.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor does not move while using keyboard.: I've tried to disable Palmcheck but that did no good. If anyone has any idea how to solve this, it'd really help me out. Thanks. 9835