Windows 10: While typing with Microsoft Pinyin, I cannot see any candidates characters, the pop-up...

Discus and support While typing with Microsoft Pinyin, I cannot see any candidates characters, the pop-up... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; While typing with Microsoft Pinyin, I cannot see any candidates characters, the pop-up window is not there, but I can see the underline below my input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ḝṽåᾗ., May 9, 2021.

1. While typing with Microsoft Pinyin, I cannot see any candidates characters, the pop-up...

While typing with Microsoft Pinyin, I cannot see any candidates characters, the pop-up window is not there, but I can see the underline below my input

:)

Ḝṽåᾗ., May 9, 2021
  2. Markadob Win User

Chinese Pinyin typing "Candidate window"

"Candidate window" only shows Chinese characters.
    Is there a way for the candidate window to show English Pinyin as well?

I am looking for something like the ruby text display while typing.

Thank you

While typing with Microsoft Pinyin, I cannot see any candidates characters, the pop-up... b5f31310-8e6d-4e20-ac4e-51819eb6f9b3.jpg

While typing with Microsoft Pinyin, I cannot see any candidates characters, the pop-up... 112661b4-b84a-435c-8a60-e88b7a36c066.jpg

Markadob, May 9, 2021
  3. tracy2016 Win User
    Where can I get the candidate characters while typing in traditional characters?

I am trying to type in Traditional Chinese, but the candidate list does not show at all!

It is impossible to type two keys as you suggested. Is there any way I could type in traditional characters as I do in simplified characters?

Can you help me solve this problem? Many thanks.

tracy2016, May 9, 2021
  4. Jokies Win User

While typing with Microsoft Pinyin, I cannot see any candidates characters, the pop-up...

While typing with Microsoft Pinyin, I cannot see any candidates characters, the pop-up window is not there, but I can see the underline below my input

It is not my default language, and I'm not using office when I experience the problem.

After I switch to Microsoft Pinyin and ensure it is in Pinyin input mode, I cannot see character candidates regardless of typing in metro application or desktop application, there are underline below the alphabets as I type, indicating the input method is
    working but an error occurred.

I have tried to reset IME preference, turn off cloud input but it didn't help.

My default input method is English, ANSI keyboard.

Jokies, May 9, 2021
Thema:

While typing with Microsoft Pinyin, I cannot see any candidates characters, the pop-up...

1. While typing with Microsoft Pinyin, I cannot see any candidates characters, the pop-up... - Similar Threads - While typing Microsoft

2. Chinese characters pop up box did not show up for simplified hanyu pinyin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese characters pop up box did not show up for simplified hanyu pinyin: I tried to use simplified hanyu pinyin but the chinese characters suggestions did not appear. It's strange because it was working well previously. Why is there always a change in windows setting every time it get update? Extremely frustrating!...
  3. Suggested mandarin characters don't appear when typing with mandarin pinyin keyboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suggested mandarin characters don't appear when typing with mandarin pinyin keyboard?: For some reason whenever I type something (eg "he") the suggested characters with that pinyin dont appear? (with the example then 喝 is what is chosen as that was the most recent common use of the pinyin when I am trying to type 和 - copied from google translate as keyboard...
  4. Microsoft Pinyin change character select menu style

Microsoft Pinyin change character select menu style: The character select menu in Microsoft Pinyin appears different than it did on my previous PC. How do I change the menu style to the previous one? The first image is the current menu style while the second is the desired result. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  5. Cannot See Private Use Characters in Character Map

Cannot See Private Use Characters in Character Map: I have been trying, to no avail to access private use characters from a font I downloaded. I am use to opening character map and copying and pasting the characters or glyphs that I need into my Cricut software, but I have been unable to. My PC has been updated and I have...
  6. Typing Pinyin Tone Marks

Typing Pinyin Tone Marks: I'm trying to type Pinyin tone marks on my computer, but I can't find an option in Windows that lets me do that. Note: I have already setup the Simplified Chinese keyboard, but that only allows me to type Chinese CHARACTERS, not Pinyin. How do I type Pinyin?...
  7. Media App Pop Up while Typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media App Pop Up while Typing: Hi, This recently started happening for no apparent reason, whenever I am typing - doesn't seem to matter in which program - emails, word docs or even now as I type this, the media player or Groove Music will randomly pop up, seems like it might be responding to short cut...
  8. Small drop down menu pops up while typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Small drop down menu pops up while typing: Please help me to get rid of this small drop down menu that pops up while I am typing, forcing me to stop. I have to make a click with a mouse in order to continue typing. Please see att. Thank you in advance. 128887
  9. How can I enable typing accented Pinyin characters? (Pinyin input is easy. I want Pinyin...

How can I enable typing accented Pinyin characters? (Pinyin input is easy. I want Pinyin...: I'm taking a class in Mandarin and would like to be able to type out pinyin characters with accents for their phonetic representations of the symbols. I don't see any option for doing that in windows 10 without installing a 3rd party product. I can type the characters...
  10. Cannot See any Icons or change View Type

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot See any Icons or change View Type: Hi there, I am currently having an issue with icons not displaying on Windows 10, I also cannot change the folder layout as it is grayed out as you will see in the snip it below. For some reason Adobe PDF icons still display but all the others are just folder icons or...