Windows 10: While using a CD/DVD internal or external hard drive it freezes my computer

Discus and support While using a CD/DVD internal or external hard drive it freezes my computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; While using a CD/DVD internal or external hard drive it freezes my computer. Window 10 - 16 GB Ram, new 256 GB SSD, computer built by store.Using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LidaPenn, Nov 18, 2022.

1. LidaPenn Win User

While using a CD/DVD internal or external hard drive it freezes my computer

While using a CD/DVD internal or external hard drive it freezes my computer. Window 10 - 16 GB Ram, new 256 GB SSD, computer built by store.Using a CD/DVD player freezes the system, and this is a brand CD/DVD drive. It would show "not responding" and I would have to use task manager to close it down. I updated all the drives. I can usually play, test, copy one CD and then it freezes for the 2nd or 3rd CD. The 3 programs I have used, EAC, Windows media and Easy CD extractor. It hangs up the computer, even freezes facebook. I cleared my history. About 50

:)

LidaPenn, Nov 18, 2022

2. CD/DVD Internal and External Drives

My internal CD/DVD drive was working and now has stopped. I have also added two external CD/DVD drives. One drive is a Blu-ray and the other is a standard CD/DVD drive burner/writer etc. I have made sure Windows 10 is updated, I have also tried just update
    the drivers and lastly, I have deleted the drives and restarted my system but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions.

terrydavidlywood, Nov 18, 2022
  3. External cd/dvd Drive

My laptop has no internal cd/dvd drive...just the external that im trying to use to watch dvds on my laptop.

angelajones6, Nov 18, 2022
  4. While using a CD/DVD internal or external hard drive it freezes my computer

External cd/dvd Drive

My laptop has no internal cd/dvd drive...just the external that im trying to use to watch dvds on my laptop.

angelajones6, Nov 18, 2022
Thema:

While using a CD/DVD internal or external hard drive it freezes my computer

1. While using a CD/DVD internal or external hard drive it freezes my computer - Similar Threads - While using DVD

2. While using a CD/DVD internal or external hard drive it freezes my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While using a CD/DVD internal or external hard drive it freezes my computer: While using a CD/DVD internal or external hard drive it freezes my computer. Window 10 - 16 GB Ram, new 256 GB SSD, computer built by store.Using a CD/DVD player freezes the system, and this is a brand CD/DVD drive. It would show "not responding" and I would have to use task...
  3. While using a CD/DVD internal or external hard drive it freezes my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    While using a CD/DVD internal or external hard drive it freezes my computer: While using a CD/DVD internal or external hard drive it freezes my computer. Window 10 - 16 GB Ram, new 256 GB SSD, computer built by store.Using a CD/DVD player freezes the system, and this is a brand CD/DVD drive. It would show "not responding" and I would have to use task...
  4. External CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External CD/DVD Drive: Hi Microsoft : I recently purchased an external cd/dvd drive. The problem is with re-writeable CDs. FORMATTING and re-writing. The unit works with re-writeable DVDs FORMATTING and re-writing. When I checked in DEVICE MANAGER, it lists the drive with the HP brand. Listing it...
  5. External CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External CD/DVD Drive: Hi Microsoft : I recently purchased an external cd/dvd drive. The problem is with re-writeable CDs. FORMATTING and re-writing. The unit works with re-writeable DVDs FORMATTING and re-writing. When I checked in DEVICE MANAGER, it lists the drive with the HP brand. Listing it...
  6. CD/DVD external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD external drive: When trying to eject a disc from a external driver. I get the following error message: An errer occurred while ejecting yje cd. What does this mean and how do i fix this problem?...
  7. CD/DVD Internal and External Drives

CD/DVD Internal and External Drives: My internal CD/DVD drive was working and now has stopped. I have also added two external CD/DVD drives. One drive is a Blu-ray and the other is a standard CD/DVD drive burner/writer etc. I have made sure Windows 10 is updated, I have also tried just update the drivers and...
  8. External CD/DVD drives

External CD/DVD drives: After the last Windows update my Computer does not see the external drive. When I connect an external drive the is an indication by the computer that a device has been inserted, but when I go to This Computer it does not show a CD or DVD external drive. Worked well befor...
  9. Windows 10 CD/DVD Drive not recognized; internal or external

Windows 10 CD/DVD Drive not recognized; internal or external: I know this is an old and seriously aggrivating problem but the comments are locked and I have not been able to resolve. I did the reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 thing and that did not...
  10. External cd/dvd Drive

External cd/dvd Drive: 2.0 usb external hard drive not working with my 3.0 port laptop. My laptop is a new HP i7, 8gb, 1 tb. The laptop has a 3.0 port and the external drive is a 2.0 Verbatim slimline cd/dvd writer. Using the installation cd, components of the external drive were installed on my...