Windows 10: while working on laptop should I work on battery or power

Discus and support while working on laptop should I work on battery or power in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am new to laptop though using desktop past 15 years. I am old person. while working laptop on battery the screen is less bright and not comfortable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by venkat1926, Jul 29, 2019.

1. while working on laptop should I work on battery or power

I am new to laptop though using desktop past 15 years. I am old person. while working laptop on battery the screen is less bright and not comfortable to read. But if I switch ON the power the screen is better for me to read. can I keep on the power switch as long as I am working and when work is over switch of power and put laptop on SLEEP mode. Does keeping on power while working spoil the battery . advance thanks.

:)

venkat1926, Jul 29, 2019
  2. endruw Win User

Electronics help - Laptop work without battery

I have a fujitsu laptop and i wanted to make it to work without battery( because it's can't work only from adapter) I ordered a 12v regulator and i solder it to the ac pins where the adapter attached than solder a diode ( to not let the power reverse to the adapter and destroy it) and solder the regulator output pin to battery socket's positive pin on the motherboard. I calculated it the battery gives 12 v and laptop needs 2, 2.5 amper for the higher power needed components, my regulator let 3 amper and convert 20v to 12v and the diode let the power only one way ,so i think i've cheated the laptop.Is it a working method to make my laptop work from adapter?

endruw, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Electronics help - Laptop work without battery

So the battery's completely gone then? What make and model is the laptop? I personally haven't encountered a laptop that didn't work without the battery.

If the battery's completely gone you should be able to find some really cheap chinese knockoff battery. The battery life will be horrible, but at least it'll work.

Frick, Jul 29, 2019
  4. frptdale Win User

while working on laptop should I work on battery or power

Laptop won't work on battery power

Thanks, I do hope you can help.

• This issue started after replacing the main board and HDD. Windows was already installed on the HDD, which came from an identical laptop.
    • The issue does not seem to occur in safe mode. I have not been able to try starting up in safe mode under battery power, but the computer does continue to operate normally if I unplug the AC adapter in safe mode. I had not tried safe mode prior to your
      suggestion, so I am now somewhat encouraged.
    • Yes, I believe all drivers are up to date. Are there any in particular that I should double-check?
    More details:

• The original main board was replaced because of a critical problem with power. The laptop would not turn on under any conditions. In fact, the AC adapter would turn off when plugged in.
    • Both the BIOS and Windows 10 were updated to latest releases after the problem showed up. Neither update seemed to make any difference.
    • Windows build: 15063.rs2_release.170317-1834

frptdale, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

while working on laptop should I work on battery or power

1. while working on laptop should I work on battery or power - Similar Threads - while working laptop

2. laptop suddenly goes on battery power while plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop suddenly goes on battery power while plugged in: i am having an issue with my laptop and that's when gaming while plugged in i get the same performance as its on battery and it never happened before ... but sometimes also when i open a game it gives me the same performance as before while plugged in before this issue starts...
  3. laptop suddenly goes on battery power while plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop suddenly goes on battery power while plugged in: i am having an issue with my laptop and that's when gaming while plugged in i get the same performance as its on battery and it never happened before ... but sometimes also when i open a game it gives me the same performance as before while plugged in before this issue starts...
  4. Should I use my laptop plugged in or in battery power when I am home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I use my laptop plugged in or in battery power when I am home?: My laptop has the health charching feature so what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-use-my-laptop-plugged-in-or-in-battery/62614b5d-0d32-4a83-a4da-ac74b8f6a8bf
  5. Should I use my laptop plugged in or in battery power when I am home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I use my laptop plugged in or in battery power when I am home?: My laptop has the health charching feature so what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-use-my-laptop-plugged-in-or-in-battery/62614b5d-0d32-4a83-a4da-ac74b8f6a8bf
  6. Search, powered by Bing not working as it should.

in Cortana
    Search, powered by Bing not working as it should.: according to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/search-with-bing, if you search something in ms search. You should be able to see an example while you'r typing or if you click on the arrow. But nothing happens.. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. flickering laptop screen while on battery power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flickering laptop screen while on battery power: I have an older Envy 15T Laptop out of warranty. It has a brand new battery onboard one month in. For about 6-8 months, the screen flickers intermittently when on battery power and the power level goes below 55%. Works perfectly when plugged into wall power. Any root...
  8. Power outage while working in Wordpad

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Power outage while working in Wordpad: I was about 800 words into a Wordpad document I was working on then the power blipped. Just long enough to turn the computer and the television off. When everything restarted my document has apparently disappeared. In Windows 10 is there anything that might save that document...
  9. laptop not behaving as power > battery settings mean it should

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop not behaving as power > battery settings mean it should: W10 Pro V 1903 OS build 18362.720 I have my power > battery settings set up as: low battery level - 20% with notifications turned on critical battery level - 10% also with notifications turned on see attached screenshots BUT, if I'm on battery the only notification I get...
  10. laptop battery driver not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop battery driver not working: When are you guys going to fix the compliant battery driver for laptops. update 1803 screwed it up and it doesnt work well now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/laptop-battery-driver-not-working/1c08555a-4243-471a-baed-a9a9a02da99d