Windows 10: While you are sleeping !

Discus and support While you are sleeping ! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi again, I have asked a similar question before ! Is it possible to set the maintenance schedule and updating throughout the night so I awake to "all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, Aug 11, 2022.

1. While you are sleeping !

Hi again, I have asked a similar question before ! Is it possible to set the maintenance schedule and updating throughout the night so I awake to "all done etc" ? I realise I would have to leave my laptop plugged in and set to sleep, also set to auto start my updates but would all this work ? I guess waking up to just a restart would be better with the actual install done throughout the night! I have friends who ask me the same question, in other words wake up to all maintenance and updates completed ! It definitely slows my PC down when all this is happening throughout the day so it was just

:)

BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, Aug 11, 2022

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 11, 2022
  4. While you are sleeping !

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

While you are sleeping !

1. While you are sleeping ! - Similar Threads - While are sleeping

2. Power darin while sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power darin while sleeping: While my one laptop conneted to a charger is sleeping , it always consume more power than others, and I can feel a lit bit hot from my laptop's surface.At the same time, there are too many event logs like the picand if I check powercfg /SYSTEMPOWERREPORTI can find that As I...
  3. Power darin while sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power darin while sleeping: While my one laptop conneted to a charger is sleeping , it always consume more power than others, and I can feel a lit bit hot from my laptop's surface.At the same time, there are too many event logs like the picand if I check powercfg /SYSTEMPOWERREPORTI can find that As I...
  4. While you are sleeping !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While you are sleeping !: Hi again, I have asked a similar question before ! Is it possible to set the maintenance schedule and updating throughout the night so I awake to "all done etc" ? I realise I would have to leave my laptop plugged in and set to sleep, also set to auto start my updates but...
  5. While you are sleeping !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While you are sleeping !: Hi again, I have asked a similar question before ! Is it possible to set the maintenance schedule and updating throughout the night so I awake to "all done etc" ? I realise I would have to leave my laptop plugged in and set to sleep, also set to auto start my updates but...
  6. Laptop freezes while sleeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes while sleeping: Hi I have W10 ver 21H1 (OS build 19043.1165) on an Acer Nitro 5 Spin laptop. My issue is that the laptop freezes during sleep. This happens 99% of the time. I don't know exactly how long it takes to freeze but I know it doesn't happen right away. My guess is hours. When I put...
  7. Not downloading while sleeps.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not downloading while sleeps.: My downloads continues when my laptop is open. But when i go to sleep mode my downloads became pause. I have changed my power plan settings,also changed additional power settings.But nothing working !!!...
  8. Crash while sleeping

Crash while sleeping: From time to time my HTPC will crash while going to sleep. There's nothing to see on screen - I just find I have to press the power button on the PC (the remote doesn't work) and the system starts up from scratch. The event log shows the crash. BlueScreenView reports...
  9. Tablet BSOD while sleeping

Tablet BSOD while sleeping: I have BSOD issues of a tablet of mine (Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140). Newest Bios is installed, also all (new) available drivers. I have two last dump files, which are though 550MB each, so I cant upload them here. I followed the tutorial of getting information from WinDbg, which...
  10. Battery drains while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.: Hello, Since the win 10 upgrade i am facing issues with my laptop. Earlier when i used to put my Laptop sleep mode it doesn't used to wake up, so I used to power it off and restart it again, now that got fixed on itself somehow. and now new issue has come up, now my...