Windows 10: White background on Taskbar Icons after Win 10 Anniversary Update

Discus and support White background on Taskbar Icons after Win 10 Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Friends, Today, I updated my Alienware to Anniversary Update, after it finished everything was OK but I noticed that the icons on the taskbar has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sardar, Aug 5, 2016.

1. sardar Win User

White background on Taskbar Icons after Win 10 Anniversary Update

Hi Friends,

Today, I updated my Alienware to Anniversary Update, after it finished everything was OK but I noticed that the icons on the taskbar has a white background and looked weird to me! this issue is only with the built-in and store apps! please help me fix it because they really look ugly! example picture of the issue is attached! thanks for helping.

White background on Taskbar Icons after Win 10 Anniversary Update [​IMG]

:)

sardar, Aug 5, 2016
  2. Keerah Win User

After Upgrading to The Anniversary all modern apps icons are white

After Upgrading to The Anniversary Win 10 update all modern apps icons on my both PCs became white.

Even in the the taskbar menu the icon for settings is white. They actually have the icon sign which is white, but it's on white background. Edge's sign is blue (on the taskbar) but has a white box background as well. But icons that are white are completely
    indistinguishable, and thus almost unusable.

I saw some people report this issue on Win 10, some of them solved it by gaining read access to WindowsApps folder (just by entering it with confirming the access) in Program Files folder. But my system denies any access to it. What should I do, it really
    breaks the experience.

Creating a new user leads to the same problem, and I definitely don't use high contrast mode

Please do not suggest Icon cache rebuild, SFC check and the script fixing Modern Apps. I've already tried them all. It's a bug

Keerah, Aug 5, 2016
  3. MJD68 Win User
    Taskbar Clock Font Not Readable After Win 10 Anniversary Update

My taskbar clock font is unreadable after the win 10 anniversary update. All the other icons are white and visible this seems to only affect the clock. I have tried running sfc/scannow which reports no problems found - ran dism options: checkhealth, scanhealth,
    restorehealth - all found no corruptions in the store, ran the update fix it tool - no problems found. Are there any fixes coming for this or do I just need to restore back to before the anniversary update?

MJD68, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

White background on Taskbar Icons after Win 10 Anniversary Update

1. White background on Taskbar Icons after Win 10 Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - White background Taskbar

2. Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?: My files app wasn't working so I used task manager to crash it. Right after it crashed, the taskbar along with the desktop turned comptley white. This has happened on many occasions.Windows 11...
  3. Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?: My files app wasn't working so I used task manager to crash it. Right after it crashed, the taskbar along with the desktop turned comptley white. This has happened on many occasions.Windows 11...
  4. white icons background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  5. white icons background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  6. TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing: I know no one understood the title so, Picture , that glowy thing dosen't go off its bugging me it does not even go off after I open the app it usually goes out I guess so someone help me...
  7. App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?

in Windows 10 Customization
    App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?: Since about November, all the icons of my UWP Apps on two of my PCs! suddenly appeared to be "broken". [ATTACH] This is what they look like on the Taskbar [ATTACH] And this is what i get on the search results. Right now they display the default image icon of my Photo...
  8. Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background?: Since Windows 10 1909, i've had this issue on two completely different devices. The tasbkar icons of all UWP apps (store apps as well as settings app etc) will suddenly get a white baclground, making many of them unreadable. I already deleted iconcahce.db, but it changed...
  9. Win 10 Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Anniversary update: My Laptop, running Win10 Pro 64-bit, updated yesterday, and I am now on this version. Is this the latest? i.e. the MS Anniversary update? [img] 58665
  10. Remove white border around taskbar active item (Anniversary Update)?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove white border around taskbar active item (Anniversary Update)?: Well I like the new agenda available at my clock, but is there a way to remove the unsightly white border around the date? I know it goes away when I click on a blank space, but it comes back again everytime I click on the clock in the taskbar. [img] 58880