Windows 10: White bar at the top of maximized (full screen) programs

Discus and support White bar at the top of maximized (full screen) programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm having an issue when certain programs are maximized (Firefox and Chrome) they cause a bar to appear at the top of them on a second monitor above... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ginotuch, Jul 14, 2020.

1. White bar at the top of maximized (full screen) programs

I'm having an issue when certain programs are maximized (Firefox and Chrome) they cause a bar to appear at the top of them on a second monitor above the one the program is on. This bar appears over any window that's on the second monitor as long as the maximized program is in focus.

Screenshots: Not maximized, Maximized

Photo in real life: https://i.imgur.com/BI8WVXP.png

On Firefox a white bar appears, on Chrome a thinner black bar.

Computer info:

• GPU: Nvidia GTX1080
    • GPU Driver: 451.67
    • OS: Windows 10 Pro 19041.329 (Fully updated, fresh install today)

Things tried:

• Doing a clean GPU driver installed (using DDU)
    • Changing the display scaling options
    • Changing resolutions of both displays
    • Changing display cables (different ports, using hdmi instead of display)
    • Changing registry values per this reddit comment.
    • Changing order/position of screens in display settings, different monitors being above others.

The only thing that did anything at all was changing the compatibility settings of Firefox to Windows 8. This made the white bar slightly thinner, but still definitely covering other windows like in the screenshot.

Another strange thing is if I enable the title bar in the Firefox customization screen, it'll remove the white bar (although now there is a giant title bar, so this is definitely not a fix).

As mentioned already, this same issue is talked about here.

Any help or possible troubleshooting steps would be amazing.

submitted by /u/Ginotuch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ginotuch, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Roan T Win User

Small white bar on right side of screen

Hi Bardan,

We'd be glad to provide assistance. To better narrow this down and deliver you accurate solutions, please answer
    the following questions:

• Is the white bar present regardless of what program you are using on your computer?

• Can you send us a screenshot of the
      white bar?
      Please edit the image if any personal information may be exposed.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

This issue could also be related to
    damaged screen. We suggest that you contact your manufacturer to have your computer checked for hardware issues.

Regards.

Roan T, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Eric Laut Win User
    Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows

Hi,

Several users in my organization (Windows 10, updated to latest 1809 version, on recent Dell computers) have the following issue: when maximizing a window (Chrome, Slack, Adobe Acrobat, etc.), they see a large white band at the top, sometimes at the bottom,
    of the maximized window. When at the top, for example, the entire upper part of the window in not only hidden by the bar, but also unclickable. In fact, when one clicks on it, it actually acts as if one clicks on the desktop behind of the window even though
    this application is maximized.

Can anyone help get rid of this very annoying bug?

Thank you in advance.

Eric Laut, Jul 14, 2020
  4. White bar at the top of maximized (full screen) programs

program sits on task bar not maximizing on screen

win 10 program sit on task bar only and not maximizing on screen when you try to open it.

GonzaloMarquez, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

White bar at the top of maximized (full screen) programs

1. White bar at the top of maximized (full screen) programs - Similar Threads - White bar top

2. My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I...: So I found an issue with the top bar of Movies and TV. When I watch an video on it, the maximized window goes front of the top bar. How do I fix this issue? Thanks! I can't provide any screenshots...
  3. My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I...: So I found an issue with the top bar of Movies and TV. When I watch an video on it, the maximized window goes front of the top bar. How do I fix this issue? Thanks! I can't provide any screenshots...
  4. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White bar at the top of screen: I'm having a white bar at the top of my screen for the past three months with two monitors connected to my PC. Ctrl + Shift + Win + B doesn't help anymore. I've tested my computer's RAM and found errors, therefore replaced the RAM with a new one. After that I reinstalled OS...
  5. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White bar at the top of screen: I'm having a white bar at the top of my screen for the past three months with two monitors connected to my PC. Ctrl + Shift + Win + B doesn't help anymore. I've tested my computer's RAM and found errors, therefore replaced the RAM with a new one. After that I reinstalled OS...
  6. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. White bar on top left screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White bar on top left screen: Does anyone know how I can get rid of this bar? It really annoys me when I am playing games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-bar-on-top-left-screen/8f3b2972-0e47-4e5e-9f2f-0884f5b0ff60
  8. White screen at the top of my bar

White screen at the top of my bar: Hi! I was playing a game Genshin Impact using full screen, mode, and everything was going smoothly. But then I pressed something on my keyboard, and a white bar suddenly appeared at the top. I can't seem to find any way to get rid of it, and it is really irritating since it...
  9. White bar at top of screen when playing games in full screen.

White bar at top of screen when playing games in full screen.: Hi my toddler lent on my keyboard and it made the task bar and bar at the top ofthe screen appear. I googled how to get rid of it and I managed to hide the task bar in game but not the the bar at the top. I tried changing the resolution to a lower one and then reverting it...
  10. Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows: Hi, Several users in my organization (Windows 10, updated to latest 1809 version, on recent Dell computers) have the following issue: when maximizing a window (Chrome, Slack, Adobe Acrobat, etc.), they see a large white band at the top, sometimes at the bottom, of the...